Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pats accused of under inflating game balls against the Colts (MOD WARNING #457)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't posted in here in months and I was offline for the speculative work of fiction that was the Wells 'report' nonsense. I was going to wait until the clown Goodell made his ruling, but Hazys mental status concerns me so here goes...
    Hazys wrote: »
    Whats the record for most posts in a row and nobody bothering talking back to me?

Who know's? But you certainly have the new one....:pac:
    I'm so lonely, somebody please talk to me or failing that, somebody hold me and repeatedly whisper into my ear "Goodell is an asshole, everything is going to be alright and TB12 is still super awesome".

I'll pass on the 'holding' part. Everybody knows Goodell is an asshole, everything will be grand and TB12 is not awesome, he is GOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tom-brady-goat.jpg

G.O.A.T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

^ ^ ^

you're doing it wrong there. This is how you do it..

5zMhRj.jpg

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Vandango wrote: »
    ^ ^ ^

you're doing it wrong there. This is how you do it..

5zMhRj.jpg

:pac:

Easy to have this many when you're a cheat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Jjiipp79 wrote: »

Back in your box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

What I really meant - Boo hoo, look at me, I'm pretty clueless, jealous and mad at Brady

5GqSPf.jpg

Vandango wrote: »
    5GqSPf.jpg

I never posted that quote!!

Post reported

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jjiipp79
    Boo hoo, look at me, I'm pretty clueless, jealous and mad at Brady

I never posted this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Calm down dude, he was paraphrasing on you're posts.....

The judge wont hold his fake quote against you.

BizzyC wrote: »

So I can do this to every post I see and nothing will happen?

Brillint

I love A.N.A.L..... I hate football!
    The judge wont hold this against me, only god and tom Brady can judge me.

Ok!

Ok!

A.N.A.L meaning Alan of course!!

also it has to be said it can't be that easy your team got done for piping in crowd noise they didn't even get close to the playoffs in the worst division in football never mind win a Super Bowl

nerd69 wrote: »
    also it has to be said it can't be that easy your team got done for piping in crowd noise they didn't even get close to the playoffs in the worst division in football never mind win a Super Bowl

You me my team as in the Falcons? The best NFL team ever!!

Or do you mean the biggest cheats ever in the NFL the Patriots, with the biggest cheater of a player ever Brady!

Or do you mean the biggest cheats ever in the NFL the Patriots, with the biggest cheater of a player ever Brady!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

No-one is biting.
    But hey, welcome to the AF forum.

bradys suspension upheld its an absolute joke really and idiotic by the league when they had a chance to brush this under the rug.

they also claim that brady has destroyed his phone if thats true could that work against him in a court case?

He shouldnt have appealed it now, couldnt look any guiltier imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Im struggling to see how? A claim that he destroyed his phone is refuted by many other sources.

if he did i think its the league claiming it so its not definite that it happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Delighted that this is going to court.

35 days after the appeal to come up with no change in punishment is farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Delighted that this is going to court.

35 days after the appeal to come up with no change in punishment is farcical.

To be fair this is the NFL who have shown that they really can't do anything right good or bad recently.

My take on the whole thing is that deflating the footballs didn't give the patriots an advantage as the half that the balls were alleged to have been deflated they didn't play better. So what competitive advantage did they get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

nerd69 wrote: »
    bradys suspension upheld its an absolute joke really and idiotic by the league when they had a chance to brush this under the rug.

they also claim that brady has destroyed his phone if thats true could that work against him in a court case?

Regarding the phone, I imagine a lot of people will be shouting 'see, action of a guilty man' but I actually don't think that at all.

The investigation had more leaks than the Titanic, and if it was me there isn't a hope in hell I am handing over a personal phone in that environment.

Sure, maybe if he had he could have proved his innocence but what else would have been 'uncovered' ie: leaked? He had a row with Giselle, he likes her to wear the little red number after a game, he thinks Aaron Hernandez is a sound guy?*

It's interesting that ESPN are reporting that Brady would accept some censure for not cooperating with the investigation, but not on the charge of deflating footballs.

* may not be factually accurate (like the Wells Report :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

So assuming at this point that the suspension is not reduced through courts.....Brady's 2015 debut will be Sunday night football in Indianapolis in week 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So assuming at this point that the suspension is not reduced through courts.....Brady's 2015 debut will be Sunday night football in Indianapolis in week 6.

Well I'm guessing that Brady and the NFLPA will go to court to get an injunction against the suspension so that he can play week 1. The problem Im seeing with an injuntion is that the case could be heard during the season and if a judge agrees with the NFL he could miss four games down the stretch of the season when you'd want your best players.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No, the fact that it is now going to court means that Brady's suspension will be put on hold until after the court case it dealt with. That will not happen anytime soon I'd imagine so Brady's season debut will be Thursday night in Gillette against the Steelers when they raise the banner.

How stupid is Roger Goodell. He comes out with the new procedures for making sure that footballs are inflated and then immediately goes and confirms the ban on Tom Brady. By the time the next draft comes around the Patriots are going to have their pick back because all these new rules are going to prove that it's highly unlikely that there was any tampering with the balls.

NFL are going to look idiotic again in court with this appeal, how much money will Goodell have wasted by the time this one is over.

How about next time he stands back and thinks about it and gives half the potential cost of making a stupid decision to charity and then not make that decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Judy Battista of NFL.com claims that the NFL and Brady were moving towards a deduction of the suspension to 1 game but Brady wanted the records sealed which the league wouldn't agree to and thus no agreement could be reached.

Per Alfred Borden's post on here, Brady says he always destroys his previous phone when he gets a new one, yet page 12 of the NFL ruling states that he didn't do this with the phone he possessed before that. Hmmm.

Andrew Brandt says the following regarding Brady's appeal:
    Two problems for appeal: 1) Courts have great deference to established arbitration systems, 2) Brady/NFLPA agreed to CBA, Cmmr as arbitrator

Advertisement