Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Knex. wrote: »
    I feel he has to start RT, tbh. Too early to start him LT, as like you say, there is technique issues there and he's still raw.

Not too sure about Pugh LT then, so probably LG for him, as that's the more natural place for a Rt to move to. Will also help with whatever scrub we end up with at LT, but I do think we'll have to look elsewhere for our LT now.

I'd rather not damage the long term productivity/development of Flowers by landing him LT now, and I don't think its suits Pugh with those short arms against elite speed rushers, although Pugh does have some solid technique.

Its a sickener, tbh, as losing your LT is probably the worst position aside from QB to be depleted on offense. We'll have to see what we can muster up.

and the worst part of it for me is i think cruz and obj thrive when given time to run a proper route i think there wasted running 4 yard curls and quick ins its just more difficult to create the same separation. obj in particular with any route over about 8 yards i think will can get enough separation to add at least another 5-10 yards on to it. there could end up being a lot of getting tackled as soon as they get the ball this year.

(bar the mandatory cruz having his annual career game against the eagles :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

http://ultimatenyg.com/uncategorized/who-is-luke-richesson.html

Pretty damning view on strength and conditioning at the Giants. Has a bunch of comparative stats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

http://ultimatenyg.com/uncategorized/who-is-luke-richesson.html

Pretty damning view on strength and conditioning at the Giants. Has a bunch of comparative stats

It's great that more and more people are looking into this but the facts are pretty vague as there is an absolute plethora of data not considered in the above article.

For example, the author mentions that we had 7 hamstring injuries at once. Hamstring injuries are nearly unavoidable in realistic terms and the author fails to mention that we had the second oldest roster last year, which, naturally will lead to more injuries.

Also as the author says we tend to take a risk with players with an injury history and we have no data on the rehab that each player receives.

It's an interesting read but there are too many variables to fully ascertain whether X is a better strength and conditioning coach than Y. Someone will eventually blow this whole area wide open.

Good points, glued. I'm too lazy to look into it myself, but I sure hope that somebody does!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

1st O Line Combination

Flowers-Pugh-Richberg-Jerry-Newhouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ayers just carted off today's OTA with knee/ankle injuries

we're cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    1st O Line Combination

Flowers-Pugh-Richberg-Jerry-Newhouse

hell I'm happy with that leave flowers at left tackle :D

we're cursed

Ayers turned out to be ok.. No major injuries.. Must of just be a precautionary.

Glad to hear that

Unfortunately with Giants injury updates we're conditioned to fear the worst

• Advertisement

Glad to hear that

Unfortunately with Giants injury updates we're conditioned to fear the worst

I've signed up to that updates thing on the bleacher report app.. Handy for keeping up to date with the news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

Surely a win-win with no downside for the Giants to sign him.
    Sign him for league minimum and try him over camp. If it works and he has recovered from his kness inuries, he could be an ideal fill in for Beaty at LT. If it doesn't just cut him.

I'd absolutely love for this to work out. A 60 or 70% Long is probably still better than the other options out there.

If his knees allow him to play, it'll be a major boost for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'd absolutely love for this to work out. A 60 or 70% Long is probably still better than the other options out there.

If his knees allow him to play, it'll be a major boost for us.

Could also be a decent veteran presence for Flowers, Pugh, Richberg etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ZCyfk22.png

There is something seriously wrong with the way the Giants are handling player safety. I understand statistical anomolies and outliers, but nearly 50% more than the second last most injured team?

Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Well aren't we the idiots who decided to play JPP with a bad back? Hakeem Nicks with a injured foot?

Only last year during camp did Coughlan instruct the players to stretch after practice. That is amazing if you ask me. I think we're so far behind and a large part of the problem is TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

The guys over at Last word on sport have been doing a great list of players who deserve to be on a mountainside. What the American obsession is with carving faces into a rock is beyond me but check it out.

New York Giants Mount Rushmore

Do you agree? who would you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Reports that JPP has been involved in some sort of fireworks accident. Unconfirmed at this stage but some say he may has lost a finger

Jesus. I knew this was going to be bad news when I saw the post.

Poor dude, if true.

• Advertisement

http://deadspin.com/report-jason-pierre-paul-seriously-damaged-hand-in-fir-1715870503

Schefter now saying on Twitter its not believed to be career threatening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Jesus. I knew this was going to be bad news when I saw the post.

Poor dude, if true.

Horrible for him but utterly stupid to put himself in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

wawaman wrote: »

From the comments :In other news....The 4-5 defense will now be known as the JPP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I like JPP but it is difficult to argue with much of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Horrible for him but utterly stupid to put himself in that situation

I agree I mean if he did the same thing a hundred times he probably wouldn't have got injured but as an NFL player where your hands are important and he shouldn't have been putting yourself in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jeromy Miles signed on a one year minimum salary deal.

He's a good signing for ye. An excellent special teamer and saw snaps at strong safety in certain packages in Baltimore.

Not a starter but a good player for depth and I reckon he'll make your 53

Thanks for Will Hill! :)

not exactly a straight swap :'(

Will Hill could have been a star if he wasn't so influenced by his new york homies unfortunately

• Advertisement

Jake Long visiting the Giants again. If he can even offer 70% of his previous production, and stay fit until Beatty comes back, I'd be all over it, tbh. Beats every alternative we have.

Advertisement