Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compressed Air Line Piping

• 18-03-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, looking to put a few airline points around my home garage from a 50L compressor.
    I have normally seen this done with gun barrell piping and "T" fittings with quick release points.
    Does anyone know if this has to be done with gun barrell or is there any other type of piping and fittings that can be fitted easily without the need to get a plumber in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Use 10mm pneumatic tube and use pushfit connectors to tee it around the garage. Cheap and easy to chop, change, bend, move etc. Gunbarrel is overkill. You will just need to fix down the quick release points.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sgds

Thanks for info, where would you normally get that tubing, would a car parts shop have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

if using flexi tubing make sure its well supported as any loops can be potential water traps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭dathi

you could do it in 1/2" copper pipe with compression fittings ether more expensive than tubing but better job

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

How much do you need? Roughly?

• Advertisement

Just to let you know I can get my hands on 1/4" polypropelene tubing, our projects dept has an excess of 500ft (5x 100ft rolls).

Outer Diameter is 1/4" and Inner Diameter is 3/16"

Just get yourself whatever tee and elbow fittings (1/4") you need for what you want to do. SMC Pneumatics in Citywest is a place to start but not sure they sell in small quantities to the public, but RS would be able to sort you.

Let me know as soon as you can as they are going to throw it out soon and you can have this free of charge if you can collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

in used copper pipe and a couple of hose clips for mine 200lt gets a fair bit of use

OP, I need to know by end of today if you want this tubing otherwise I need to let them know to skip it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PC1971

Hi, I want to run metal piping around my garage to operate a tyre changer and some air tools from my compressor, can someone recommend the best steel piping , I'm thinking 0.5 inch and what are the T joints and angle joints called also where can I get pipe threader, thanks for any help.
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You could use plastic air pipe, better since you won't have little bits of rust getting blown into your tyre-changer and blocking valves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Don't forget a water trap at the lowest point of your system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Remember air vessels corrode from the inside, what Bar are you using?

Advertisement