Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013 Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford (SKT)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Only my second time doing the 100k. Looking forward to it now. I think the anti-clockwise route looks more interesting this year - get the pretty uneventful stretch to Cappoquin out of the way at the start, and keep the hills for the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nurseynoo

if anyone has an entry they don't want, I'd gladly buy it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mikecotr

Hi, joining the queue looking for a 160km if anyone has one and can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carmelreilly

Hi I would love to do the 100km route but did not register on time. If you know anybody who has paid up tho unable to attend could you call me please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Hi I would love to do the 100km route but did not register on time. If you know anybody who has paid up tho unable to attend could you call me please on =========

Do yourself a favour and take down your mobile number. Ask them to private message you in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

I'm doing the 100km cycle. This is my first cycle at this sort of distance. Both dreading it and looking forward to it in equal measure. I have been training in a Fuji Hybrid and have got up 60/65km at this stage. Just wondering should i do this cycle in my hybrid or avail of a racer that i'm unfamiliar with? Also do any of the local or people in the know, know how hilly the 100km route is?

I have two friends who would love to do the 100km as well, so DM if there's anyone who can't do it for whatever reason.

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I'm no expert, but I would tend to say go with what you're used to at this stage. There'll be plenty of hybrids on the 100k.

As for the hills, the Knockanore one is the one I'm least familiar with, and would be the biggest test. This year, of course we'll be going up the other way and you'll have the incentive of the food stop near the top. A hill up out of Ardmore, and a drag up through Ring. Nothing severe, just a bit of a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

Hybrid will be grand in particular if you have a triple ring, you'll fly up the hills. Loads of hybrids on the 100k in Meath and they all got around easily. Not so many hills on that route of course. But I'd agree with earlier advice - go with what you're familiar and comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carmelreilly

billyhead wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be able to make this years tour so I am willing to accept €30 via paypal for my registration if someone wants to take it and I will contact the organisers to change the name over and forward on the e-mail confirmation. I paid 40 for the entry. Pm me if interested

I would be interested in buying your entry. If you send me uour details i will send you on d money. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

noby wrote: »
    Only my second time doing the 100k. Looking forward to it now. I think the anti-clockwise route looks more interesting this year - get the pretty uneventful stretch to Cappoquin out of the way at the start, and keep the hills for the second half.

After today's hopeless attempt to climb somerton in the strawberry beds earlier, I'm HOPING an extended warmup will help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 tripledaz

Anyone cant make 100km sean kelly tour of waterford, id glady buy their slot. Please PM if u want to opt opt of 100km.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Just a few questions re the logistics (doing the 160):

1) checking in - have been reading a few posts in this thread. If one started queuing at 6.30 am Sunday morning, would that be enough time to check in and collect the stuff? Wouldn't like it if there were only XL jerseys left or something like that!

2) parking - someone mentioned parking on the Youghal road. Is that the best place to park coming from Dublin, or will there be designated parking spots more convenient for folk coming from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

do we know what the jersey for this year looks like? Don't see any pictures on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

bellinter wrote: »
    do we know what the jersey for this year looks like? Don't see any pictures on the site

It's Red and purple. I think it looks very nice.

Check out their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/#!/Seankellytour). There are posts on 25th July and 8th August showing it.

Someone posted a link to a photo of the jersey in this thread a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

right, cheers, will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Just a few questions re the logistics (doing the 160):

1) checking in - have been reading a few posts in this thread. If one started queuing at 6.30 am Sunday morning, would that be enough time to check in and collect the stuff? Wouldn't like it if there were only XL jerseys left or something like that!

2) parking - someone mentioned parking on the Youghal road. Is that the best place to park coming from Dublin, or will there be designated parking spots more convenient for folk coming from Dublin?

I think 6.30 should be plenty early for queuing.......most check in is done on Saturday.

Coming from Dublin you can either leave the car somewhere short of town and ride in or get on the bypass for Cork......go through all the roundabouts until you hit the Seafront and you should get something along there. If you are going to be here to queue at 6.30 I don't think parking will be a problem. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the info cornerboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

If anyone can't make the 100km even at the last min I can buy their entry. Stupid illness made me put off entering and did it too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi all, my friend is looking for a registration for the 160K if anyone knows anyone who has one and can't make it?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

noby wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but I would tend to say go with what you're used to at this stage. There'll be plenty of hybrids on the 100k.

As for the hills, the Knockanore one is the one I'm least familiar with, and would be the biggest test. This year, of course we'll be going up the other way and you'll have the incentive of the food stop near the top. A hill up out of Ardmore, and a drag up through Ring. Nothing severe, just a bit of a drag.

Thanks lads, might stick with the flat handlebared beast so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bestof

Hi,is the entry to160k tour of waterford still available.

I would like to buy it if so

Thanks

Kathleen

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Ok I know i'd be better not looking at this but anybody got the 160k Route Profile, the one posted earlier on Pg.1 seems to be missing a couple of climbs. There only seems to be a map on the SKT webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

detones wrote: »
    Ok I know i'd be better not looking at this but anybody got the 160k Route Profile, the one posted earlier on Pg.1 seems to be missing a couple of climbs. There only seems to be a map on the SKT webpage.

I done this one up based on the map from their website.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3096128

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

jinkypolly wrote: »
    I done this one up based on the map from their website.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3096128

Thanks bud, thats great. However 2400m of Climbing, sufferfest, and i plan to drive up and down from Dublin on the day, I better book monday off work ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Climb of ticincor after 50k and mahon after 120km are the tough bits. Nire climb and Mauma are just draggy. Will have 200km plus done by time I'm finished with a cycle in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DrChristianTroy

Unfortunately I have a 160k registration available due to injury.....bought from billyhead a few weeks ago for €25 + paypal so will obviously sell on for the same.

Please PM.

Edit: Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Unfortunately I have a 160k registration available due to injury.....bought from billyhead a few weeks ago for €25 + paypal so will obviously sell on for the same.

Please PM.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

FYP ;)
    ford2600 wrote: »
    Climb of ticincor after 50k @ 38km/h (ie. like last year) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

FYP ;)

The route isn't that bad, but your point is generally the reason people unfamilar with course suffer; other than ticincor there is no climbing until Nire climb after 80odd km.
    At start it's easy to get caught in group moving faster than you normally would only to suffer on Mahon and thereafter.
    Plan to cycle all the climbs on thursday for a little extra punishment

Advertisement