Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen gig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Milly33 wrote: »
    Are you a man beeroclock, cus most men don't listen to me..I just said there are the heinken bars set up outside :(.. Look up the venue bar on facebook and youll see it, by the sounds of it id say they aren't restricted to just those attending the gig

I didnt see your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Milly33 wrote: »
    Are you a man beeroclock, cus most men don't listen to me..I just said there are the heinken bars set up outside :(.. Look up the venue bar on facebook and youll see it, by the sounds of it id say they aren't restricted to just those attending the gig

I believe Ontap.ie are doing the bars or at least some of them in the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just to clarify...i have a ticket. I just dont want to head into the actual stadium itself. I was enquiring about drinks "outside" the stadium but inside the security ring so to speak and it sounds like there are as milly says...cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

beeroclock wrote: »
    I didnt see your post

haha oh im sorry I was only messing.. Looking like there is going to be a great vibe around the place I hope ye all enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

He played for 3 and half hours in Limerick tonight as well as 3 acoustic songs in a pre show! The setlist was amazing! I really can't wait for Thursday now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Wish I were going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

NO SUPPORT ACT am not impressed they got IMELDA MAY at kilkenny show

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Bruce never has a support act. Imelda May is there in kilkeny and Josh Ritter, glen Hansard etc as that's a festival weekend. Have seen Bruce loads and he doesn't have support as he comes on himself at the time support acts usually do. You are getting more Bruce for your money. Imelda has her own concerts of you want to see her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

cantdecide wrote: »
    Wish I were going now.

This will be heard miles away as were the past concerts so you wont miss out.

Also,Bruce is staying in Castlemartyr resort.

This will be heard miles away as were the past concerts so you wont miss out.

Also,Bruce is staying in Castlemartyr resort.

I've heard so many rumours about where he's staying - I heard that he wasn't even staying in Cork but was staying in the one place the whole time (in Limerick I think I heard).

Is this definite that he's staying in Castlemartyr?

• Advertisement

polydactyl wrote: »
    Bruce never has a support act. Imelda May is there in kilkeny and Josh Ritter, glen Hansard etc as that's a festival weekend. Have seen Bruce loads and he doesn't have support as he comes on himself at the time support acts usually do. You are getting more Bruce for your money. Imelda has her own concerts of you want to see her.

Some bloke on acoustic guitar came on playing support at 6pm in Limerick last night - did a few songs - Bruce Springsteen or something I believe his name was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

leahyl wrote: »
    I've heard so many rumours about where he's staying - I heard that he wasn't even staying in Cork but was staying in the one place the whole time (in Limerick I think I heard).

Is this definite that he's staying in Castlemartyr?

Bruce's best friend Mr N.Prendeville just said it while ago.Supposed to be 40 rooms booked down there for a private party.

Bruce's best friend Mr N.Prendeville just said it while ago.Supposed to be 40 rooms booked down there for a private party.

LOL! Sure Neil is "best friends" with everyone :rolleyes::pac:

It would make sense - big show-jumping part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

LOL! Sure Neil is "best friends" with everyone :rolleyes::pac:

He's a great man for the handshakes all right. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cordub wrote: »
    NO SUPPORT ACT am not impressed they got IMELDA MAY at kilkenny show

Not having her is a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

A limited number of covered stand & uncovered stand tkts are available from ticketmaster at present for anybody interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wouldn't mind a standing ticket, none left. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

lertsnim wrote: »
    Not having her is a good thing

Boom! Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Queue has started already. I passed by about an hour ago and there was maybe 15 or 20 people already in line.

• Advertisement

Queue has started already. I passed by about an hour ago and there was maybe 15 or 20 people already in line.

Is that all?? I got the impression there were loads there since last night! Not too bad yet so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

To get into the gig is it or for the the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Is that all?? I got the impression there were loads there since last night! Not too bad yet so

This was across from CAB motors. There might be more people further in.

dolbyk kieran glavin 2h
    #brucecork 118 In the queue! #cork #springsteen #cantwait
    BPX3m45CMAEpP1s.jpg:large

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Excuse my ignorance, but what are they queueing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Mosh pit up the front is seperate to the rest of the standing area, they que to get in there.

Faith wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what are they queueing for?

It's the queue for the pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

There was at least 200 at 1pm. There are scheduled roll calls so most only turn back up when they have to. The 15-20 are prob waiting to get a number at the next roll call. Over 250 I would say already.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,944 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any good parking places recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Would it be worth chancing my arm heading down tomorrow trying to get a standing ticket?

Advertisement