Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Oracle wrote: »
    I think they'll do what Blyk did in the UK... "Members who joined before turning 25 were not removed from the network on their 25th birthday, but were unable to rejoin if they left."

It looks like that's the way the market is going. There's networks and offers that are better value for talk and texts, and others that are better value for data.

I had a listen to their 2 new "X-rated" radio ads on YouTube, just rude and offensive, in poor taste I think.

Just wondering what networks have better offers for talk and texts? From what I've been looking up €10 a month for essentially unlimited texts and calls to anyone is hard to beat! My contract is up shortly so looking to change.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if you are overage dont port to them but get a dual sim phone and run 2 numbers off it. Dual sim 2g phones widely available but 3g phones less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Just wondering what networks have better offers for talk and texts? From what I've been looking up €10 a month for essentially unlimited texts and calls to anyone is hard to beat! My contract is up shortly so looking to change.....

Sorry I need to clarify what I said, I meant that the mobile market seems to be split between good offers for talk and text, or good deals for data, but not the two together.
    48 Months, at €10 per month, is probably the best talk and text offer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Oracle wrote: »
    Sorry I need to clarify what I said, I meant that the mobile market seems to be split between good offers for talk and text, or good deals for data, but not the two together.

There are good offers for talk and text and data for pre pay customers. See this best buy guide here.

Examples:
    • 3 where a 20 EUR top up gives you 20 EUR credit and unlimited data and unlimited texts and unlimited weekend calls.
    • eMobile where a 20 EUR top up gives you 250 any network minutes and 250 any network texts and 250 MB data and 300 webtexts and unlimited landline calls and 20 EUR free credit for the first 12 months.
    • Meteor where a 20 EUR top up gives you 20 EUR credit and unlimited any network evening and weekend calls and 20 EUR extra free credit for the first 12 months and 300 free webtexts. You can use your 40 EUR credit to buy a data add on for 5 EUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

do they accept laser to pay for membership?

Edit: just figured out how to check, they do ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

6.5 If you owe us any amount and you do not pay it when it should have been paid we may take this from any credit balance on your Account or from any debit or credit card details you have given us. We may also charge you interest on the unpaid amount on a daily basis at the rate of 2% above the base lending rate of Allied Irish Bank plc. We may also charge you reasonable administration and collection costs as a result of you not paying any amount due to us.

Don't you have to registered/regulated by the central bank to charge interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Has it taken the rest of ye long to receive your sim? I applied when this thread was new and received nothing so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

pawrick wrote: »
    Has it taken the rest of ye long to receive your sim? I applied when this thread was new and received nothing so far...
    Took just 3 days to get it... Id apply for a new one if I was you..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Took just 3 days to get it... Id apply for a new one if I was you..

Hey, Mr. White, I've been waiting 4 days, do you think I should apply again?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

i'm wel over the age and have a sim working with 48, so what do i do,do i port over my number so they can run a check on my age or do i keep two phones in my pocket?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bazmc35 wrote: »
    i'm wel over the age and have a sim working with 48, so what do i do,do i port over my number so they can run a check on my age or do i keep two phones in my pocket?????

I would port over, if you are unlucky that they do a age check for you them you can go with the phones in your pocket. From previous poster looks like they are asking for proof of age when they send you the SIM. You could also say you are 18 with no passport, driving licence or any other type of ID as live at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

chris2008x wrote: »
    6.5 If you owe us any amount and you do not pay it when it should have been paid we may take this from any credit balance on your Account or from any debit or credit card details you have given us. We may also charge you interest on the unpaid amount on a daily basis at the rate of 2% above the base lending rate of Allied Irish Bank plc. We may also charge you reasonable administration and collection costs as a result of you not paying any amount due to us.

Don't you have to registered/regulated by the central bank to charge interest?

I would say that is a joke no? How could an operator charge you interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I would say that is a joke no? How could an operator charge you interest?

There entitled to charge interest on a late commercial transaction http://www.djei.ie/enterprise/smes/latepay.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

pawrick wrote: »

They sent another batch out today. Wait a day or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

There entitled to charge interest on a late commercial transaction http://www.djei.ie/enterprise/smes/latepay.htm

These are not commercial transactions as per that legislation.

"The Regulations apply to commercial transactions in both the public and private sectors. They do not apply to contracts made before 7 August 2002, claims for interest of less than €5, transactions with consumers or debts that are subject to other laws, e.g. insolvency proceedings."

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

why are ye all giving out about the marketing or if its legal or not ? just take the f**king offer!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

why are ye all giving out about the marketing or if its legal or not ? just take the f**king offer!!! :)

And what an offer it is too....... :D
    Whats new.. some people just look for a reason to complain.....;)
    Iv been enjoying it for a week now and cant fault it.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

And what an offer it is too....... :D
    Whats new.. some people just look for a reason to complain.....;)
    Iv been enjoying it for a week now and cant fault it.....:P

we need more a you on boards ;)!

Just seen on their twitter account that they have the internet charges for after the 29th.
    48 Twitter wrote:
    After 29th Feb, we'll be charging a €1 per hour. But - that hour is LOADING time not READING time.So it’s the time it takes for Twitter updates to appear that you're charged for, not the time taken to read 'em ~ Danielle 48

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sounds pretty ****, unless you don't use net much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

nava wrote: »
    Just seen on their twitter account that they have the internet charges for after the 29th.

That's daft, are we going back to dial-up pricing?

There is no more 'per-hour' with data usage, it's just 'on' and trickles through as you need it. Do they think people still 'log on' just to 'check emails' and all that?

This now sounds like it's coming from a man in his late forties (Danielle 48?) pretending to be 19. Now that's creepy. :p

That's daft, are we going back to dial-up pricing?

There is no more 'per-hour' with data usage, it's just 'on' and trickles through as you need it. Do they think people still 'log on' just to 'check emails' and all that?

This now sounds like it's coming from a man in his late forties (Danielle 48?) pretending to be 19. Now that's creepy. :p

Looks like 48 will be good for people that call or text quite a bit and no internet usage, if I listen to stream radio or browse the web a bit while walking I will spend about €1 each day, that could be €30 a month on internet only.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep at a underestimate I'd say I'd spend 30e a month on net with that. Would actually spend more. Some people dont use net at all, this would be great for them. More and more people use net though, sure I can text from the net and make phone calls/skype from the net. I barely need non-net any more :p

nava wrote: »
    Looks like 48 will be good for people that call or text quite a bit and no internet usage, if I listen to stream radio or browse the web a bit while walking I will spend about €1 each day, that could be €30 a month on internet only.

it's bizarre. Don't all the other operators already offer a 99c a DAY up to 50megs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

it's bizarre. Don't all the other operators already offer a 99c a DAY up to 50megs?

Meteor is 69c p/day for 50mb

IPAM wrote: »
    Meteor is 69c p/day for 50mb

unless this ''hour'' can span a few days e.g. 10 webpages loading and a few emails totalling say 5 minutes ''loading time'' per day equalling 12 days light usage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

unless this ''hour'' can span a few days e.g. 10 webpages loading and a few emails totalling say 5 minutes ''loading time'' per day equalling 12 days light usage?

I don't really understand your post, what exactly are you asking me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I think he means that one hour worth of page loading time instead of whatever page loads in an hour. ie 500 pages take one hour to load over the space of a week. Instead of x amount of pages loading between 4 and 5pm any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

IPAM wrote: »
    I don't really understand your post, what exactly are you asking me?

One hour total download time, spread over a day or more, or one hour counting down from the moment you first access data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

One hour total download time, spread over a day or more, or one hour counting down from the moment you first access data.

I'd say its the latter hope not it wouldnt be too bad if it was spread over a day.

The deal they are doing now is fine pity they dont keep that.

Then again we all know how O2 sees data usage.

Advertisement