Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frequent Sex And Masturbation In 20s And 30s Linked To Higher Prostate Cancer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Oh well...at least it may be worth it..

TBH everything gives you cancer judging by all the crap we read..:rolleyes:

Even toast gives you cancer apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

This theory has, however, not been firmly established and further research is necessary.

Jobs for the boys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

After being told that occasionally cleaning the pipes was good for you: Frequent Sex And Masturbation In 20s And 30s Linked To Higher Prostate Cancer

Bollix.

i must be riddled with cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well if you're gonna go.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I suspect it's bogus or based on thin enough evidence, or the results were squeezed to back up the theory. It's like the other recent one that said men's fertility dropped off rapidly after 30 or some such. OK obviously as people get older stuff starts to fall off etc, but turns out the biggest group studied were men using fertility clinics. What next? "Study proves more sick people in hospitals".

I read another one on this subject of prostate cancer and frequent sex that found the complete opposite. That men who had more frequent ejaculations had less chance of prostate cancer in later life. One theory put forward was that the higher the rate of ejaculation the faster cells and fluid were cleared from the whole system and less reabsorbtion took place. This theory seems to mix the two. It's also self reported which is not the best way to look for solid data. If it was then men would have a 10 inch willy as an average.

I can kinda see how a higher sex drive being tied to testosterone which is implicated in prostate cancer growth could be linked, but how do they explain why a guy in his 50s who is giving it the big one is protected from cancer, but the guy in his 20s isn't? Surely if the guy in his 50's is running strong libido wise his test levels were higher to start with and higher for longer? Though maybe his werent that high, they just didn't drop. Ahhhh fúcked if I know, I'm gonna keep batin the baldy fella and making sweet luuuurve anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well if you're gonna go come.......
    FYP

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wibbs wrote: »
    I suspect it's bogus or based on thin enough evidence, or the results were squeezed to back up the theory. It's like the other recent one that said men's fertility dropped off rapidly after 30 or some such. OK obviously as people get older stuff starts to fall off etc, but turns out the biggest group studied were men using fertility clinics. What next? "Study proves more sick people in hospitals".
    Sounds like it. As someone already pointed out, those in the cancer group would be more open to admitting the extent of their self-pleasure in the hopes that it's relevant/beneficial to treating them. Those in the control have nothing motivating them to reveal the true extent of their activities.

Afaik, sex and masturbation is also a hormonal trigger for testosterone, which means that those who have engaged in more would have a higher normal testosterone level. And as you point out, there are suspected links between testosterone and prostate cancer.

In any case, I am more than willing to enjoy myself now in lieu of prostate exams later in life. That said, I've never had a prostate exam. Ignorance is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I must have sperm cancer as they keep on coming out.....millions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

After being told that occasionally cleaning the pipes was good for you: Frequent Sex And Masturbation In 20s And 30s Linked To Higher Prostate Cancer

I couldn't give a flying ****. I really wish they'd research how to cure the disease, rather than making stuff up about what causes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

So from now on will sex ed in schools warn the boys about the dangers of jackin off too much...maybe the Catholic Church can spin this one..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I often am distraught with guilt after going solo and cracking off some knuckle children and and then to watch them die on the dogs face.

Now if found a fiance.. i dont care it they die on her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

How will I enjoy morning tv now :(:(:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

snyper wrote: »
    I often am distraught with guilt after going solo and cracking off some knuckle children and and then to watch them die on the dogs face.

Now if found a fiance.. i dont care it they die on her face.

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever read on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Damn... I thought my undoing was going to be between my liver and lungs but after reading that article I reckon my prostate could be in the lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Wibbs wrote: »

I read another one on this subject of prostate cancer and frequent sex that found the complete opposite. That men who had more frequent ejaculations had less chance of prostate cancer in later life. One theory put forward was that the higher the rate of ejaculation the faster cells and fluid were cleared from the whole system and less reabsorbtion took place. This theory seems to mix the two. It's also self reported which is not the best way to look for solid data. If it was then men would have a 10 inch willy as an average.

Was thinking the same thing. It's prone to error seeing as it's self reported, also, how accurate can it be if the men were recalling their activity of three decades ago? in their twenties and after?

Plus, the survey was done on over 800 subjects. Hardly comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kiera wrote: »
    Thank god women dont have a prostate.
    Then how do you enjoy butt sex?

I'm glad I wasn't alive in the 20s or 30s.

I'm going to celebrate with several ****.
    Enjoy them for the next eleven years.
    After that we're all boned.

So from now on will sex ed in schools warn the boys about the dangers of jackin off too much...maybe the Catholic Church can spin this one..:rolleyes:

My initial thought on this study is that it was commissioned by the Catholic church.

I can't think of a better excuse for 40 year old men to get their rocks off with 10 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

FFS, You can get cancer from doing it, you get cancer from not doing it.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

It must be true, I only know one guy who has had prostate cancer and he's a major wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

julep wrote: »
    Then how do you enjoy butt sex?

I can't think of a better excuse for 40 year old men to get their rocks off with 10 year olds.

Women enjoy butt sex for other reasons, women don't have prostates. Only men have those...conveniently located up our asses.

Advertisement