Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    ......... I was thinking of getting these Dinobot homages to go with MP-Grimlock and I wanted the 3rd Party Defensor homage set that is coming out this year.

Yoda: No, there is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Colour pictures of Scoria doing the rounds.

Bye bye 200 euro.

He does look amazing.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/fanstoys-scoria-colored-prototype-images-179217/

Had told my self i was going to wait for the toy deco of this and their version of Swoop.

Now ive resigned myself to the four of them. And i dont even like the Dinobots particularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So its definitely Diaclone [aka Blue Bluestreak] as the BBTS exclusive http://tformers.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-18-blue-streak-tokyo-toy-show-exclusive-figure-announced/22433/news.html

I like the Blue look better so I will definitely get this one. Now for a toy accurate Smokescreen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Where is the best place to preorder this?

I haven't looked about recently but when he was first announced I worked out that Kapow.co.uk was probably best. At €177 it is a few euro more than from the US companies' (BBTS was best priced) €168 but it took away the uncertainty of the customs question (and I have been stung for that for a similarly priced Megatron).
    I was annoyed that I missed their £10 pre-order deposit. In fact, after missing that I had decided against him until these colour pics came out - now I'm swaying towards it again.

Omegalock appear to be cheaper than Kapow, and appears they're reliable enough (?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Omegalock appear to be cheaper than Kapow, and appears they're reliable enough (?)

Parcel motel will knock money off delivery too.

I've never heard off omegalock but that is a great price (relatively speaking).
    It gets more tempting by the day.

Masterpiece Grimlock is getting another Hasbro retail release, this time in the new style packaging.

Probably TRU again. Slight deco variation, marked change in the tone of the plastic.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

MP-21 Pictures, comes with Exo suit from the Movie!

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-21-bumblebee/

keithgeo wrote: »
    MP-21 Pictures, comes with Exo suit from the Movie!

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-21-bumblebee/

So Mp-10 came with teenage Spike and Bumblebee will be coming with Adult Spike. All we need now is an Mp Wheelie to come with Daniel [though that would probably the worst selling MP set of all time]

Uhm, why does 'bee's face come off?

MP G2 Sideswipe is in DCC on Bolton St.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Uhm, why does 'bee's face come off?

Maybe he comes with a "battle mask" feature to make hime look like the toy.

That exclusive bluestreak has been all but confirmed as a toy deco.

blue is apparently still coming...but not til at least yr end.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Maybe he comes with a "battle mask" feature to make hime look like the toy.

Yeah, that's been confirmed now

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah, that's been confirmed now

Thanks Sean.

atqcna.jpg

• Advertisement

Hey, was just reading Prowl and Grimlock are getting released as Toys R Us exclusives over in the US, do you guys think they will be released to the UK one too? If so ill hold off on getting them until then.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-toysrus-masterpiece-grimlock-and-prowl-images-and-release-info/30042/

Hey, was just reading Prowl and Grimlock are getting released as Toys R Us exclusives over in the US, do you guys think they will be released to the UK one too? If so ill hold off on getting them until then.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-toysrus-masterpiece-grimlock-and-prowl-images-and-release-info/30042/

Prowl is in TRU UK computers. As is Sunstorm.

No news on Grimlock.

Y'know, TRU US are charging 60USD for Prowl, this will turn into 60GBP which isn't any cheaper than just buying the TT one.

Actually, i think it's significantly MORE. (?)

Yeh but wouldnt you be hit with import tax from the US plus shipping would be more expensive? To be honest, i like the boxes the TRU ones come in. Ive got two of those ones already. Also i was hoping maybe the Grimlock one would work out cheaper.

Where did you find out about Prowl and Sunstorm being on on the TRU computers? EDIT: Never mind just googled it there and found the news item!

Yeh but wouldnt you be hit with import tax from the US plus shipping would be more expensive? To be honest, i like the boxes the TRU ones come in. Ive got two of those ones already. Also i was hoping maybe the Grimlock one would work out cheaper.

Where did you find out about Prowl and Sunstorm being on on the TRU computers? EDIT: Never mind just googled it there and found the news item!

Well there's always Kapow if you're that worried about customs...but if you're really that big on TRU boxes...

Grimlock reportedly did a fair amount of time in TRU UK shelves *if* they have it this time round, i think they'll order less, and there'll be more bought by resellers. In the last year or so, prices on it have gotten....silly.

I hope Hasbro addressed the mold degredation issues that Hasbro Asia completely ignored.

Im fairly new to collecting masterpieces to be honest so i missed a lot of them first time around. Ive Soundwave with the 4 tapes, hasbro prime, smokescreen and TRU acid storm i bought off TRU over in the UK. So im hoping they get Grimlock back there so i can grab it. not too worried really about prowl its not too expensive anyways. I have Starscream ordered on Kapow from a few months ago, it was supposed to be shipped in April, but they have delayed until May on the site now, so hopefully get him soon.

I try to buy from Europe for these reasons, however, sometimes the Euro prices are just unreasonable so I chance my arm with America and Asia. I've had Soundwave delivered from the US and Quakewave delivered from Asia for similar prices and not been bothered by customs. Both of these a good bit more than Prowl so I don't imagine that you would get hit for him.
    That's not to say that I haven't been caught, I paid almost as much for a games machine's Custom/VAT as I paid for the actual unit (A Panasonic Q from Japan) and I also got charged for clothes from the US. It seems random.

I'm chancing my arm further now waiting on Citizen Stack from China and later, Ultra Magnus from Japan.

From the Revenue Guide to Importing Goods through the Post:
    11. Consignments of Negligible Value (€22)
    Consignments not exceeding an intrinsic value of €150 may be imported from outside the EU without payment of Customs Duty. (Intrinsic value is the value of the goods alone and does not include insurance and freight). Consignments not exceeding a total customs value of €22 may be imported without payment of VAT. (Customs value or CIF value is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage costs)

Leader class Skyfire?

A72960000_Jetfire3-copy_1392550775_1399299709.jpg

OH YES!

whats the scale like compared to the normal masterpiece figures?

whats the scale like compared to the normal masterpiece figures?

Exact height unknown. It's not out til early Autumn. It will be dwarfed by the Daca toys version, and the FT version which will be out....errrrmmm....next year (?)

• Advertisement

8N3yv.jpg

Advertisement