Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dylan or La Stampa? - Best Hotel

• 22-04-2013 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

So I want to go for a romantic weekend away with my boyfriend as a surprise for his birthday but I can't decide between The Dylan hotel or La Stampa.
    If anyone has stayed in either or both at any stage can you please help me out in choosing one. I love the style of La Stampa. It looks beautiful but I still have my eye on the Dylan too.
    Any input at all would be great, thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

the Dylan is far superior, a bit aloof but far nicer than La Stampa which is trading on past glories

You can get them to have a bath ready for you with strawberries, a dvd and popcorn etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

La Stampa does have Samsara though.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Personally I'd stay in the Dylan but try at some stage to have dinner in the dining room at La Stampa. It's a beautiful room although I was surprised that the hotel itself is not all that glamourous. I don't know what the rooms or spa are like so my impression of the hotel is based on the lobby and the restaurant. Samsara is lovely for a night out as well although I prefer Cafe en Seine or 37 Dawson Street as there is more of an atmosphere in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Definitely stay in the Dylan. Have drinks outside on the terrace (weather permitting obviously!). Mmm....

Advertisement