Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swirly Whirly

I was on duty as an EMT last night an Saturday.

Saturday night was madness. I've never been so busy at all. And it wasn't just the normal drunks you would see at a festival - overdoses, stabbings, assaults and more. I spoke to a paramedic with more then 30 years experience afterwords, and he said that he had never seen a festival as bad. You name it, it happened. Sunday was a welcome break, a much more mixed demographic of people and back to the relative pleasantness of just drunk people.

MCD are going to have a very hard time convincing An Garda Siochana to approve any future licence for a gig of this sort in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

BowlingLad wrote: »
    Shocked and saddened by the number of people on here trying to claim drugs are ok and anyone who drinks is as liable to do "outrageous things".

While people may drink to excess it is million times better then taking even 1 pill.

1 pill can kill you.
    too many pills will in general hurt you and others more then to many drinks.
    Pills/drugs and even weed of any kind is illegal.
    Buying them directly supports crime/gangs/all related activities/knife crime.

If you are a pill head that is your decision but do not try and defend the indefensible.

I know I would feel safer around a group of messy drunks instead of people off their heads on class a drugs.

Interesting BBC documentary comparing the dangers of Alcholol and Ecstasy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

mikom wrote: »
    BowlingLad wrote: »

Did you know airplanes are the safest way to fly???

As opposed to what......... cars?

Lol. What's that guy been taking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

MCD are going to have a very hard time convincing An Garda Siochana to approve any future licence for a gig of this sort in the future.

They have David Guetta planned for the end of the summer. Would that attract a similar crowd? They may not get the licence if so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Lol. What's that guy been taking?!

That line reminded me of this guy. DO YOU SEE? (apologies BowlingLad).

http://www.unapologeticallymundane.com/images/2012/05/Cartmans%20Incredible%20Gift.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    They have David Guetta planned for the end of the summer. Would that attract a similar crowd? They may not get the licence if so?

Yeah as soon as everyone finds out the decks aren't on and he's just playing an iPOD its gonna make Saturday look like a papal mass

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

The bottom line is cut price booze is going to be
    hammered under new legislation in the next budget thanks to the little c***s in the park yesterday.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

hammered under new legislation in the next budget thanks to the little c***s in the park yesterday.

The bottom line is... You don't have a clue

The bottom line is... You don't have a clue

Don't stab me in the back now and run away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Shryke wrote: »
    And the media have manipulated the facts about drugs for decades. The fact that you think 1 pill can kill you shows just how clueless you are, even though you think you're informed.
    The rest of your post is nonsensical.

Anyway, stabbing people, bad form there.

But 1 pill can kill you.

Do you know the MDMA content of any pill you buy off some guy in a pub/club, I doubt it. There have been numerous cases of 1 pill killing someone, sometimes down to underlying undiagnosed medical issues but sometimes not. If every pill had a homogenous content would be realtively safe but that is not the case as sometimes pills are not made in very good facilities and can contain mixed quantities of MDMA.

Its kind of off the point of this thread though really which is worse pills or beer. It is a pretty pointless argument as most likely a lot of the kids there had a mix of pills and drink and neither can really be blamed for some guy stabbing people. He did that because he was a dick.

• Advertisement

Offlicences and cheap drink are a constant target for the many publicans and lobbyists involved in Irish politics. The price of drink has nothing to do with this gig. Keep your head screwed on.

dirtyden wrote: »
    But 1 pill can kill you.

Do you know the MDMA content of any pill you buy off some guy in a pub/club, I doubt it. There have been numerous cases of 1 pill killing someone, sometimes down to underlying undiagnosed medical issues but sometimes not. If every pill had a homogenous content would be realtively safe but that is not the case as sometimes pills are not made in very good facilities and can contain mixed quantities of MDMA.

Its kind of off the point of this thread though really which is worse pills or beer. It is a pretty pointless argument as most likely a lot of the kids there had a mix of pills and drink and neither can really be blamed for some guy stabbing people. He did that because he was a dick.
    How often does that happen? The vast majority of deaths are due to multiple, heavy drug use or someone with no access to proper information doing something stupid. The most famous example of "one tablet killing someone" is this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leah_Betts Someone in America died a few years ago from water intoxication trying to win a Wii. Stupid or ignorant people with no access to sensible information or advice do stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swirly Whirly

Its usually not just one 'pill' that kills you. It's taking multiple types of stimulants (at once) that will cause tachycardia and later cardiac arrest. That's what kills you.

Offlicences and cheap drink are a constant target for the many publicans and lobbyists involved in Irish politics. The price of drink has nothing to do with this gig. Keep your head screwed on.

Duh, read my original post.

Budget. December. Cheap. Booze. Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The price did not have anything to do with this incident, but it will still be blamed as one of the major factors and thus give Shorthall and Co more excuses to bring in minimum pricing etc

A Disgrace wrote: »
    The price did not have anything to do with this incident, but it will still be blamed as one of the major factors and thus give Shorthall and Co more excuses to bring in minimum pricing etc

Exactly!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

You're absolutely right. The drink itself will be blamed, not those who abused it or those who supplied it to them.

We've a culture here in Ireland of pointing the finger at everything else but ourselves. There is a MASSIVE alcohol problem here and instead of addressing the reasons for it, they just blame the drug itself and hope it'll go away.

The funny thing is that if Saturday (or any other event) were MDMA/Cannabis only, it would go off without a hitch and there would be absolutely no trouble. People in the future are going to look back in amazement over how we reject/accept drugs and their use these days purely down to when that drug was found and made popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aliekelleher

You just gotta look at the artists playing these events and its obvious its going to attract scumbags and wannabe hardcases.

Unfortunately its a sign of the times and one of the reasons I dont expose myself to any such type of musical gathering

Have to disagree saw Swedish House Mafia in Ibiza at a very high quality hotel and there was no trouble at all...People turn up to these things with alternative motives...they probably dont even like house music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Its usually not just one 'pill' that kills you. It's taking multiple types of stimulants (at once) that will cause tachycardia and later cardiac arrest. That's what kills you.

Yeah usually, but not always. I have been involved in the study of the effect of MDMA on rats, its not particularly dangerous but the levels in pills can be quite high occassionally, that is fact and it is not good for your cardiac muscle. If it was regulated with some info on how to take it would be much safer. There are further long term issues from chronic abuse also but that is far less well understood.

I just picked on that point (of 1 pill is perfecty safe) as the argument of Es are good and booze is bad is silly.

Dicks are dicks on pills or booze. Anyone who says otherwise is not basing their point on fact. Most people who go out and drink have a good night and enjoy themselves, liekwise with people who like tablets, and a small minority want to, and enjoy being scumbags and what they have taken will make little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Very sad news this...

But I've been thinking. Do we have a new brand of 'yoof' on our hands here?

One new entry just added to the list.

- The Swedish House Mafia Skanger. Also known as the 'party scanger'. They come out of the woodwork at these events, usually after planning for it months in advance. Nobody would think they are skangers in their everyday lives, but at these 'raves', they are liable for rampant debauchery and bouts of violence towards innocent music lovers, coupled with poly-drug use, and going shirtless for the whole night, rain or snow. A new breed of skanger.

- A Heavy. A skanger who has criminal connections all over Dublin. Smells like the duty free section at Dublin Airport. Whole house is built with solid compressed bricks of coke. Prone to paranoia. Has a collection of 100 SIM cards to 'spread the risk' of getting caught dealing. Avoids Bubba by getting low level henchmen to deal for him. Favorite phrase is "that's definitely unmarked".

- A thug. Watches fights on Youtube in his spare time. Talks endless about fighting to his mates. "Boxed the chops off him / Break your face" are their favorite phrases. Not afraid to gawk out the window of a Dublin Bus, eyeballing anyone who looks at them sideways. Keeps all his replica swords upstairs because keeping them downstairs would be just stupid.

- A drug fiend. Can be seen walking very fast through Dublin City Center in Hawaiian Shorts. Wears lots of prayer beads / bright wrist bands. Still have their hospital wristband from that time they mixed Valium with E. *Always* has papers / skins. Hides wraps of speed under the tops of bins using Chewing Gum etc

- Cartoon skanger. A skanger who actively goes out of his way to live up to all the stereotypes. Does everything the right way. An all rounder type of skanger. When people say they're "mad" - They don't mean mentally unstable. These skangers are "Model skangers". Other fellow skangers can never match their outrageous behavior / appearance.

- Rough Accent. Generally anyone with a *very* common accent is considered a skanger. Can wear a black-tie suit every-day for the year, and still be considered a skanger. Speaks in a 'clipped' manner. Uses robbed phrases. Can get a point across, but not very articulate.

- Oldskooler. An older skanger. Knows all the rebel songs (IRA Songs) off by heart. Was there when they built The Liberties. Probably built The Liberties himself with his own hands. Has a four-leaf clover tattooed onto his neck. "My mother used to sell fruit" is his favorite phrase. Rampant Xenophobe. Still owns a Nokia 3200.

- Casual Clothes skanger. Also known as the Daddy's Money skanger. Buys all his clothes in Unique. Just educated enough to come across as civil, but underneath this, he is a raging scumbag. Probably the worst type of skanger. Pulls a nice bird for a week or so, then gets dumped because his scumbag ways were found out. Gets a job for a month or so, gets found out too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

- The Swedish House Mafia Skanger. Also known as the 'party scanger'. They come out of the woodwork at these events, usually after planning for it months in advance. Nobody would think they are skangers in their everyday lives, but at these 'raves', they are liable for rampant debauchery and bouts of violence towards innocent music lovers, coupled with poly-drug use, and going shirtless for the whole night, rain or snow. A new breed of skanger.

I think you're wrong here.

A Disgrace wrote: »

Ya, I'm aware of that. That's not what the other user said. If they were trying to put some humour into their post then I didn't see it.
    It's neither here nor there though. If it's not this that's taken to account it will be something else. Their post just seemed bad minded tbh. I'll assume I took them up wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

Very sad news this...

- A Heavy. A skanger who has criminal connections all over Dublin. Smells like the duty free section at Dublin Airport. Whole house is built with solid compressed bricks of coke. Prone to paranoia. Has a collection of 100 SIM cards to 'spread the risk' of getting caught dealing. Avoids Bubba by getting low level henchmen to deal for him. Favorite phrase is "that's definitely unmarked".

- A thug. Watches fights on Youtube in his spare time. Talks endless about fighting to his mates. "Boxed the chops off him / Break your face" are their favorite phrases. Not afraid to gawk out the window of a Dublin Bus, eyeballing anyone who looks at them sideways. Keeps all his replica swords upstairs because keeping them downstairs would be just stupid.

- A drug fiend. Can be seen walking very fast through Dublin City Center in Hawaiian Shorts. Wears lots of prayer beads / bright wrist bands. Still have their hospital wristband from that time they mixed Valium with E. *Always* has papers / skins. Hides wraps of speed under the tops of bins using Chewing Gum etc

- Cartoon skanger. A skanger who actively goes out of his way to live up to all the stereotypes. Does everything the right way. An all rounder type of skanger. When people say they're "mad" - They don't mean mentally unstable. These skangers are "Model skangers". Other fellow skangers can never match their outrageous behavior / appearance.

- Rough Accent. Generally anyone with a *very* common accent is considered a skanger. Can wear a black-tie suit every-day for the year, and still be considered a skanger. Speaks in a 'clipped' manner. Uses robbed phrases. Can get a point across, but not very articulate.

- Oldskooler. An older skanger. Knows all the rebel songs (IRA Songs) off by heart. Was there when they built The Liberties. Probably built The Liberties himself with his own hands. Has a four-leaf clover tattooed onto his neck. "My mother used to sell fruit" is his favorite phrase. Rampant Xenophobe. Still owns a Nokia 3200.

- Casual Clothes skanger. Also known as the Daddy's Money skanger. Buys all his clothes in Unique. Just educated enough to come across as civil, but underneath this, he is a raging scumbag. Probably the worst type of skanger. Pulls a nice bird for a week or so, then gets dumped because his scumbag ways were found out. Gets a job for a month or so, gets found out too.

dafuq.....
    You need help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Motorist wrote: »
    I hope they catch her kidnappers.

Troll of the day here - yet his posts remain, surely it doesn't need reporting to the mods when it's very clear what people like this blatant wind up merchant are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Very sad news this...

David McWilliams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Gabriel Flat Saucepan

Very sad news this...

etc etc

Maybe you should post it again, someone might find it funny then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

And the media have manipulated the facts about drugs for decades. The fact that you think 1 pill can kill you shows just how clueless you are, even though you think you're informed.
    One pill can, and has, killed. Even a single ecstasy pill has killed due to heatstroke, water poisoning or heart failure. One bottle of wine has certainly killed people too, so it's not like (currently) illegal drugs have some sort of monopoly on fatalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

someone might find it funny then.

Prognosis: doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

We really are a ****ed up country when it comes to alcohol and our denial of our problem.

The solution?

Well a start could be things like this:

- A ban on alcohol advertising.
    - Alcohol must be hidden from sight in shops (sort of the way cigarettes are hidden from sight now) so you have to ask for what you want rather than walk into a lovely, huge alcohol section.
    - No more below cost alcohol promotions or alcohol promotions in general
    - Advertising campaign showing the real effects of alcohol
    - Some sort of stricter law (actually implemented) about being drunk in public

We need to grow up as a country.

In my opinion this is wrong solution.
    It would be much better if we would have places in Ireland like in other easter european countries. a building where very drunk people are kept overnight. they get cold shower, nurse and doctor assistance, metal bed with some cover, water and bill in the morning. In Poland a night in such place cost about 100 euro which is a lot of money.

Then underage drinking. if teen under 18 is cought drunk, parents should pay 1000 euro.
    For sure parents would put more attention to the kids if they face 1k bill to pay...

edit. by very drunk I mean somebody pissing.on the street, puking on the street, or laying on the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

One pill can, and has, killed. Even a single ecstasy pill has killed due to heatstroke, water poisoning or heart failure. One bottle of wine has certainly killed people too, so it's not like (currently) illegal drugs have some sort of monopoly on fatalities.

Thanks for the information. You might explain this while you're at it -
    This is because middle class kiddies generally have a functioning brain and can associate cause and effect.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79641328&postcount=1267

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement