Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Question of Age

• 01-03-2011 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I would be interested to know if the over 55s use boards.ie
    I am 60+ female and wonder if any /many others of similar vintage visit here:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yes, we have quite a few over 55s posting on Boards, although given that the internet offers a certain degree of anonymity it's often hard to tell who they are. We're actually in the process of setting up a new forum for our more senior members and it should be up and running very shortly. That's not to say that they can't use the rest of the site as well of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thesilvervoice

Zaph wrote: »
    Yes, we have quite a few over 55s posting on Boards, although given that the internet offers a certain degree of anonymity it's often hard to tell who they are. We're actually in the process of setting up a new forum for our more senior members and it should be up and running very shortly. That's not to say that they can't use the rest of the site as well of course. :)

That is great news! I am struck by the very few internet facilities directed at the silver surfers, who I believe to be increasing in numbers. And of course , we are very opinionated, so will post elsewhere, provided we understand the lingo and geekyspeak that is often typical of many sites.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It actually happened quicker than I expected, you can find the new Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas forum here. Enjoy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thesilvervoice

Excellent- thank you !

Advertisement