Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taken?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    that movie is cheesier than a cheese factory... "I love you daddy!!"

And it's brilliant too. Better action than the last Bourne film. It's hard to say whether it's better than Shoot Em Up though. That's a cheese pizza start to finish.

I can't say I've ever had anything stolen.
    What is more I have a slightly embarrassing habit of losing things in my possession.
    And 99.99999999% of the time they find their way back to me. Most people are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I remember i was playing a soccer match when i was around 15 and after the match i was getting changed i noticed the money and my phone which had been in the pockets of my pants which i left in my gear bag were gone. Turned out some little scumbag that played for the U12 team for our club had stolen them. (The U12 team were playing a match before us.) Luckily one of my buddies knew the little scumbag and got my phone back.

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

We were out on the piss on holidays, someone robbed my mates jacket with all his money, passport and plenty of other bits and bobs in it that'd be pretty hand when you're abroad.

We looked all about for it, no sign. Got lost walking home and bumped into the chap that robbed it, wearing it. Sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eevyhayes

If you could see it, how did you lose it?

well i left it beside loads of other coats and bags so someone must have just taken it by mistake when they were getting their coat or whatever!!

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    You left it in a club and it was handed into a fastfood joint? Or am i reading that wrong there?

i sent a txt to my phone saying different places they could hand it into just for their own convenience. told them where we were stayin, where we went that night, to hand it into the guards or supermax which was just beside where we were that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

the name of this thread shares the same name as the film "Taken"

yes were an honest bunch here in galway, i alos am curious as to how your bag would have made the journey from Karma/cuba*/halo/cp's..... and yes you were lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Leaving your bag with all your important things on the edge of the dancefloor?

I'm glad you got it back, but if it was taken you'd have nobody to blame but yourself. I can't believe how naive some people are, if I had a friend or girlfriend like that, I'd be worried for them.

6ix wrote: »

I'm glad you got it back, but if it was taken you'd have nobody to blame but yourself. I can't believe how naive some people are, if I had a friend or girlfriend like that, I'd be worried for them.

jeez...i didnt start this post to be called stupid!
    it was pretty much beside me..not across the other side of the room like! but it was with other coats and stuff, sumone just picked it by mistake! i saw loads of girls that also had left their bags down. its not an uncommon thing to do you know! usually me and my friends leave are bags down and dance around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Phone was robbed from a dressing room. Other team had a player sent off and convinced he robbed it but couldnt prove it. Their manager wouldnt ask his players at all so I couldnt do anything about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That bastard stole that from me! I should sew him.

Sew him what? A pair of socks? A scarf? Oh right, I see now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

6ix wrote: »

Thats a tad harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

eevyhayes wrote:
    it was pretty much beside me..not across the other side of the room like! but it was with other coats and stuff, sumone just picked it by mistake! i saw loads of girls that also had left their bags down. its not an uncommon thing to do you know! usually me and my friends leave are bags down and dance around them.

I didn't call you stupid :) I still think it's incredibly naive though. Dancing around them, that's ok, but leaving it aside where someone could easily just lift it and leave? Maybe if it just had makeup/petty cash, but not with all your important cards etc. I'm a guy, so no handbag, but I certainly wouldn't leave my wallet on the ground if I'd nowhere to put it.

Did the club not have a cloakroom that you could put it in?
    Thats a tad harsh

Maybe my 24 years in life have made me cynical, but while the majority of people are sound, and would leave the bag alone, it only takes one scumbag in the club to walk past and lift the bag. Unfortunately there are always a few chancers in any club or pub (or anywhere for that matter!).

In that respect, I still think the OP is naive to think a bag is safe on the side of a dancefloor. Sad but true.

Edit: I just asked my girlfriend and two other girls here in my house - none of the three would even consider leaving a bag on the dancefloor so I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

eevyhayes wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Why has the below not been highlighted:

was out in a night club as you do, boppen away.

Sounds like something a portly person would do...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You're in the wrong forum so. You wanted Personal Issues, where people would have taken pains to assure you it was entirely someone else's fault.
    usually me and my friends leave are bags down and dance around them.

I have no idea how this even becomes a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

my gf is currently using a found phone. i guilt her at every opportunity, admittedly it was found turned off, sim locked and and all the numbers were on the sim so she couldnt call the persons family/friends.

but.... shaaaaaammmme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

You're in the wrong forum so. You wanted Personal Issues, where people would have taken pains to assure you it was entirely someone else's fault.

I have no idea how this even becomes a typo.

Maybe she is a pirate, arr :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

ClioV6 - That quote would have been funnier if only you replaced the word "Daughter" with "Jacket".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Had a leather jacket I bought in Stockholm stolen on me on a night out in Dublin over a year ago. I was gutted, I loved that jacket and haven't found one I liked as much as it since. I was in a not too busy pub, there was about 8 of us in a booth and loads of jackets were on top of mine yet it got knicked. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My wallet fell out of my bag in TCD and some kind soul handed it in to the security guard. (Admittedly I was a skint student with no money or credit card!).

Another time though, the strap on a gold watch my granny gave me for my 12th birthday broke in a lecture theatre in TCD, I didn't notice til the end of the next lecture. No-one ever handed that in. That was worse than the wallet because it was irreplaceable.

I do think it's rather silly to leave a bag on the edge of the dancefloor, but maybe the OP has more faith in humanity than me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I always lose stuff in that shoddy city. Its as if it has it in for me. That said, its stag/hen capital of Ireland, so if your going on a bender, dont bring any valuables (outside of drinking money and a tenner for a taxi in your sock! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Kudos on your multi-tasking abilities ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

i left my ipod out on the gym floor beside the bench and some absolute ledgend dropped it into reception..

there is still hope yet for the fate of mankind!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

thankfully some good citizen handed it into supermax, in?

I think you mean supermacs the chiper, as opposed to supermax, my brand of condoms - back in the day when i used those gastly things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

I left my purse on one of those Eircom computers in Heuston station one morning and when I realised what I'd done I went back and it was gone :( Canceled all my cards, ordered new ones, etc. then two weeks later I got it in the post from student services in college...in Limerick. Minus the cash of course but very odd...:confused:

I found a phone on the bus on the way into work recently and cos I was late for work planned to ring someone in the phone book on my lunch break but the SIM card had been canceled in the meantime :(

Karma and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I had my wallet stolen from my pocket about fifteen minutes into a night out.

Wrecked the night. To be fair the bouncers did everything to get it back for me. The chap I suspected of taking it left as soon as I noticed it was gone and they followed him until he started running then lost him. Ah well.

On the upside, outside waiting for the bouncer I got talking to a total hottie. Silver lining and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i lost my driving license about a year ago, got a new one and all that then about two months ago, it appeared in the post from offaly, i haven't been to offaly in at least 5 years. no note or anything with it, just in an evelope...
    was a strange one anyway, how it got to offaly i'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

That was offaly good of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement