Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Try here or check some of the individual brands here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Ah. Ok thanks. So can anyone gimme a hook-up?

try www.thesupplementfactory.com there an irish company good products at great prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ordered Whey from the Supplement Factory

Great value @ €29.99 for the 5lb tub

Got Vanilla, and it tastes grand

Delivered by a courier who rang me when no1 answered the door [yes.. i was sleepin in :p]

Great transaction, will defo be orderin from them in teh future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

unreggd wrote: »
    Ordered Whey from the Supplement Factory

Got Vanilla, and it tastes grand

Delivered by a courier who rang me when no1 answered the door [yes.. i was sleepin in :p]

Great transaction, will defo be orderin from them in teh future
    Just ordered Whey from them too, Strawberry..
    can you recommend how much to use? like, one in the morning, one at night? 3 a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yeah I got some there the other day. My brother bought a 5lb tub of whey from Holland & Barretts recently for €60 (on sale from €75!) and wasn't too happy when I told him he could've gotten it online for half that.

• Advertisement

NotMe wrote: »
    Yeah I got some there the other day. My brother bought a 5lb tub of whey from Holland & Barretts recently for €60 (on sale from €75!) and wasn't too happy when I told him he could've gotten it online for half that.
    I'd be more concerned about the fact that the H&B whey tastes like muck!!

Luckily I only lost €15 on the one i got
    DRakE wrote: »
    Just ordered Whey from them too, Strawberry..
    can you recommend how much to use? like, one in the morning, one at night? 3 a day?

Well, its a supplement, so shouldnt replace proper food.
    I have it as my PWO shake
    Add a scoop to my porrige in the mornin, & have a shake with milk before bed for slow digestion/release

Cool thanks dude

edit: i assume you make it up and bring it with you to the gym, you dont wait til you get home to take one?

Yeah, makin the shake is the last thing I do before I leave my house for the gym, and I drink it after my workout, before my shower, then have my pwo meal when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Would the shake not start to separate and go all nasty if you're leaving it in a flask during your workout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

You add in the water at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

• You bring the dry whey to the gym in the shaker along with dry oats or whatever else.
    • Add water and mix up as you leave the gym.
    • Eat with a banana on the way home.

Nope. I make it in a blender so its well dissolved. its settles a tiny bit, but i just shake it a little before I drink it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Are these shaker yokes basically just flasks or are they some sort of special thing for whey shakes?

just got my Whey from the supplement factory, i have to say i'm very impressed with them. Ordered on Wednesday evening, arrived just now from a courier :)

Strawberry, tastes lovely too! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Piste wrote: »
    Are these shaker yokes basically just flasks or are they some sort of special thing for whey shakes?

A shaker is just a plastic bottle that you can fill up and shake around without any messy leakage. Most sports stores should have a few different types. They have a larger opening that the type you would have for a cycling bottle.

My current one is totally leak proof still after 9 months usage. I bought one in the US and it had more holes than the backroad to Cashel :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

BossArky wrote: »
    My current one is totally leak proof still after 9 months usage.

i had one for about 8 years and only had to bin it the other day, bough one of the maximuscle one's a couple of months back and its starting to leak already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nope. I make it in a blender so its well dissolved. its settles a tiny bit, but i just shake it a little before I drink it
    What do you mix the Whey with?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Water usually, some people use milk. Probably best to use water straight after training.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Saw somone say something bout oats in it or something!?:confused:

yeah, people generally throw in a few oats

I make mine with:

1/2 scoops of whey
    some oats
    a banana
    a little milk
    200ml water

You should have it with water after your workout for faster absorption, and with milk before bed for slower absorption to last longer as you sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

hey guys. I have been recently trying to gain weight and have been taking Serious Mass the past few weeks. However i'm not sure if this is the right product for me. I want to gain weight with muscle but tone my body at the same time. So my question is should I be sticking with Serious Mass weight gainer and do cardio or buy a protein supplement and do cardio. I am quite skinny as it is (10.10 stone,5ft 11) so I am trying to bulk up but not with fat. If I start doing cardio with Serious Mass would I see better results than I would if I were taking a protein shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

hey guys. I have been recently trying to gain weight and have been taking Serious Mass the past few weeks. However i'm not sure if this is the right product for me. I want to gain weight with muscle but tone my body at the same time. So my question is should I be sticking with Serious Mass weight gainer and do cardio or buy a protein supplement and do cardio. I am quite skinny as it is (10.10 stone,5ft 11) so I am trying to bulk up but not with fat. If I start doing cardio with Serious Mass would I see better results than I would if I were taking a protein shake.

if your trying to gain wieght, i'd think you should be lifting heavy weights, not doing cardio.
    i dont know anything about serious mass, to gain weight you need to add at least an extra 2 calories per pound of bodyweight per day to your diet.

so work out your weight in pounds, say its 160lbs, means you need an extra 320 calories per day.

start squatting, benching, deadlifting.
    start eating more protein and take the calories in.
    you wont see results from a supplement within a few weeks, it takes time and training.

I jus got some from the health shop

Jus lookin for info on how much I need to take, when to take etc

It says on the pack you have to take 3 at every meal, and some after workout, but my friends dad [a retired b/builder] said this is just a marketing ploy and that one a day should be grand

Any advice?????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve. A lot of people starting out forget that supplements are exactly that, "supplements".

They are there to be used in conjunction with a proper diet to achieve your goals. You need to figure out how much food you need to eat every day to achieve your goals and if you can't eat the food (real food will be always be better than supplements) due to whatever reason you can use supplements to reach your target.

Too many people people think that supplements are some kind of magic potion in gaining muscle. Drinking a protein shake on it's on won't put on muscle. You need to have all the other factors in place also.

Hmmm, dont really know where ye got that from

I simply asked whens the best time to take them, and how much to take

My diet is well sorted, as is my training

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I just got creatine for the first time, it came free with a tub of whey I got in leffey valley which was handy.

Today I drank it straight dissolved in warm water as per the instructions. Disgusting, terrible.

How does everyone else take it?

Also the instructions say to take 2 tsp a day for the next 2 weeks to load up on it and then drop to 1 tsp a day. Is this the best way?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are carb and/or fat binders effective at all. To control/adjust diet.
    Or thermogenic (sp?) burners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

I just got creatine for the first time, it came free with a tub of whey I got in leffey valley which was handy.

Today I drank it straight dissolved in warm water as per the instructions. Disgusting, terrible.

How does everyone else take it?

Also the instructions say to take 2 tsp a day for the next 2 weeks to load up on it and then drop to 1 tsp a day. Is this the best way?

yo man!

i personally take 5grams in a glass of orange juice every day, and on work out days straight after workout, ya could put it in your protein shake ya wouldn't taste it then.

also don't bother with reading the back of it, read here on proper directions on how to take creatine dosage.(great site and well laid out too so have a look around,it helped me greatly;))

check that the brand of creatine is descent also, there could be a valid reason that it was offered as a bundle package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

ya need to be eating between 5-6 meals a day with protein in each meal, you also need to be eating 1gram of protein per pound of body weight to be achieving your goal of putting on mass

personally i found this site very easy to understand for a novice like i was in the past and in a similar situation to yourself

http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/

it might help yourself also;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Mellor wrote: »
    Are carb and/or fat binders effective at all. To control/adjust diet.
    Or thermogenic (sp?) burners?
    They're really only effective if your diet is 99% spot on - they'll help with that final push.

If you use thermogens when your diet is crap, you'll see no results tbh.

Advertisement