Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deb's Companies

Options
  • 16-09-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, I was elected to the deb's committee in my school and we're meeting some companies this week. We spoke with them on the phone and we have searched some of them online and found reviews but one of the companies doesn't come up except for a Facebook Page.They told us on the phone that they have done lots of Deb's and promised us lots, the others are impressed but I'm a bit skeptical.

Is it ok to name the company here to ask if anyone else has had a deb's with them or attended one of their deb's and could tell us if they lived up to the promises?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just ask the company to give you the names of schools they dealt with.
    If they're legit, they won't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 guysndolls

Even if they did, lots of schools are like ours and have a new committee every year so those who went to the deb's are no longer in the school.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're nit-picking.

You won't be naming debs companies here. Do you represent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 guysndolls

To be honest, I'm quite taken back by your reply. I am a leaving cert student, how would I be a deb's company?

My parents have been members of Boards for many years and advised I ask here but that was clearly a mistake.

I seen another thread where someone name a deb's company and asked about them and they were also shot down.

Just because someone joined Boards to ask a question doesn't mean they are a company, I think you will find that at some time all members joined with a question, is the automatic assumption that they represent whoever it is they question about.

Regarding your comment that I am nit picking, my school do not facilitate the running of the debs to the extent we are not allowed to have deb's meetings in the school. The committee is elected among the students without the involvement of the school. There is a new committee in our school every year, our last committee has left school and gone on to jobs or college. For student's in our situation it is very easy to be scammed by companies as they know they can promise the moon and stars and not deliver.

Your opinion of my question was wrong, I asked a genuine question, I didn't name anyone, I asked could I but I was quickly reprimanded and accused of being one of the companies.

I won't always be a secondary school student and hope I won't be so quick to make assumptions about people.

I'll let my parent's know how I got on with my first experience of Boards.

If you've a problem with a post, report it.

Any reputable debs company will have no problem putting you in touch with satisfied previous customers.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement