Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Official Irish Charts for the week ended Thursday 26th April are out:

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Pat at #3
    Richie at #23
    Vanessa at #28
    Jim at #61

Pat's strong performance in the iTunes Chart is confirmed here, Jim is way back and the other two are somewhere in the middle.

Pat has clearly won on Sales, can anyone overturn his lead on votes? Probably not, unless they have a seriously good vote campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Aslan get to No. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Aslan get to No. 1

With their boyzone song :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Skid wrote: »

Pat at #3
    Richie at #23
    Vanessa at #28
    Jim at #61

Pat's strong performance in the iTunes Chart is confirmed here, Jim is way back and the other two are somewhere in the middle.

Pat has clearly won on Sales, can anyone overturn his lead on votes? Probably not, unless they have a seriously good vote campaign.

Don't overestimate how small those sales actually are. I'd estimate thats a difference of about a thousand that Pat is ahead... that could be overturned in a minute or two imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

seachto7 wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »
    Good Intentions, Can't Stay Young Forever, Breaking my Fall......but no I don't own his album:D

out of curiosity, did you know he had a solo "career" before he appeared on the voice?

Yes I did actually why do you ask???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

A lot of people knew Bressie when he was just Niall. He appeared on Kathrine Lynch's show for example, I am actually sick of people saying nobody knew him before the voice cos they. Typical Irish begrudgery when someone is doing well. Hence the arguements start saying he got there from his looks. Which is crap.

iphonehead wrote: »
    Skid wrote: »

Pat at #3
    Richie at #23
    Vanessa at #28
    Jim at #61

Don't overestimate how small those sales actually are. I'd estimate thats a difference of about a thousand that Pat is ahead... that could be overturned in a minute or two imho.
    But people will still be voting for pat regardless. I would be very surprised if he doesn't win but I think he has a future career whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The British series is alot better than the Irish one. What the hell does Kian Egan know about being a music judge compared to Tom Jones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I have the popcorn in .... Are we all excited.. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The British series is alot better than the Irish one. What the hell does Kian Egan know about being a music judge compared to Tom Jones?

It's pretty easy to jump on Kian Egan and slag him off cos he was in a boyband. But, when it comes down to it, he's a multi-instrumentalist with over a decade's experience in the music industry and more success than the other three judges combined. So maybe he's not the one to be slagging off. Personally, I'd much rather be mentored by him than Tom Jones who, to me, has always seemed like a creepy, pervy old man.

Not that I'm really a fan of Kian Egan but I'm sick of people taking pot-shots at the easy target. Get over it.

What the hell does Danny from the script know then for that matter? Or Jessie J?

lizt wrote: »
    What the hell does Danny from the script know then for that matter? Or Jessie J?

Which is why I didn't mention them...

It's pretty easy to jump on Kian Egan and slag him off cos he was in a boyband. But, when it comes down to it, he's a multi-instrumentalist with over a decade's experience in the music industry and more success than the other three judges combined. So maybe he's not the one to be slagging off. Personally, I'd much rather be mentored by him than Tom Jones who, to me, has always seemed like a creepy, pervy old man.

Not that I'm really a fan of Kian Egan but I'm sick of people taking pot-shots at the easy target. Get over it.

Just giving my view which I'm entitled to do same as you are.

Which is why I didn't mention them...

Exactly, being very selective there. If I had to pick the least qualified judge, I wouldn't be picking Kian Egan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I have the popcorn in .... Are we all excited.. :pac::pac:

Excited ? If jangling nerves are a sign of excitement, then yea. :D Think the whole of Borris feels the same. Really hope Pat wins, and with a good performance tonight, downloads of the single, and a mass of votes from Carlow and Kilkenny I think he will do it. Another factor I have heard people mention is Bressie's teen fan club, who will vote for Pat regardless.

Anyway, to get ye all in the mood, Bressie and Pat performing "Call me Al" in the local school during the week.

lizt wrote: »
    Exactly, being very selective there. If I had to pick the least qualified judge, I wouldn't be picking Kian Egan.
    Who would you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭jluv

Can imagine the buzz for a local guy being in the final:D
    I really hope Richie does well tho.Something about the guy I like.
    Biggest question tho..What will I watch next Sunday at 6.30?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

jluv wrote: »

I know...husband and kids can't wait for their 2 hours of Sunday viewing back.
    I've really enjoyed watching Bressie enjoyed watching The Voice every week.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Bressie to host Winning Streak.. and The Late Late Show.. and The Saturday Night Show..

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What will I watch next Sunday at 6.30?:(

Maybe you could tape the Saturday Night Voice UK Show, then record the Sunday night results and watch it straight afterwards :)

It is quite similar, only better !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Duiske wrote: »
    Anyway, to get ye all in the mood, Bressie and Pat performing "Call me Al" in the local school during the week.
    Thanks for posting the video :) I was supporting Conor up to last week but I'm on Pat's team now, I reckon he has it in the bag at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭jluv

Always feel the same when a show finishes but something always pops up.Really hate that the final of x factor always falls on my work Xmas night out..

Note to self..Get a life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I have this overwhelming urge to lift Richie up......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Always feel the same when a show finishes but something always pops up.
    Note to self..Get a life:D

Don't worry RTE have scheduled a re-run of Reeling in the Years (1978) for next Sunday night @ 6:30. It's good to have something to look forward to :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Jesus, I couldn't hear Sharon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

If i were as jealous as all the men on here, I could say Sharon only got here from her looks :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭take everything

WTF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement