Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EMT Phecc CPC Portfolio

• 02-02-2016 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Do many people keep an up to date CPC portfolio? I personally couldn't be arsed but do PHECC actually check this stuff or is it good as an idea but badly implemented?

I have never heard of an EMT being audited on their work to maintain on the register! Have you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

stoller wrote: »
    Do many people keep an up to date CPC portfolio? I personally couldn't be arsed but do PHECC actually check this stuff or is it good as an idea but badly implemented?

I have never heard of an EMT being audited on their work to maintain on the register! Have you?
    I do I have a full folder of cpc activities also the vol org I'm involved in also asks all emits to submit our folders to our head office and the keep them on file also
    Do Phecc check them I don't no but to be honest I'd hope they do
    But it should not be about will phecc come and check it it's about keeping you're skills up to date and current and furthering you're knowledge also
    You saying "you could not be arsed" is not a great attitude to have about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

sjb25 wrote: »
    I do I have a full folder of cpc activities also the vol org I'm involved in also asks all emits to submit our folders to our head office and the keep them on file also
    Do Phecc check them I don't no but to be honest I'd hope they do
    But it should not be about will phecc come and check it it's about keeping you're skills up to date and current and furthering you're knowledge also
    You saying "you could not be arsed" is not a great attitude to have about it

Apologies perhaps I came across wrong. I agree with up skilling and keeping on top of your EMT knowledge which I absolutely do and I am quite good at it but the way the CPC is implemented is not sustainable. Phecc should provide a section on the online portal to log entries etc instead of leaving it all up to the EMT. They give guidelines but do they honestly expect me to write up every PT contact and document every time I work as an EMT?

I think there are other ways they can keep tabs on people but the whole area needs to be looked at I think.

I know plenty of EMT and not one person has a portfolio and not one person has been audited by PHECC. I personally don't think they have time to audit people as not all the portfolios will be in the same format, same style, sma equality of content. It's simply too hard to police the way they have it implemented

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Red Dwarf

The EMT CPC is on a three year cycle. So I assume, if PHECC are to audit EMTs it will be after the three years.

I think CPC is a good idea, as it helps keep knowledge and skills up to date. But I do agree that a standard online log/record should be available.

I have two main issues with CPC, firstly there is no quality control as to what constitutes CPC and secondly, Paramedics and APs are currently not required to produce a CPC portfolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Red Dwarf wrote: »
    The EMT CPC is on a three year cycle. So I assume, if PHECC are to audit EMTs it will be after the three years.

I think CPC is a good idea, as it helps keep knowledge and skills up to date. But I do agree that a standard online log/record should be available.

I have two main issues with CPC, firstly there is no quality control as to what constitutes CPC and secondly, Paramedics and APs are currently not required to produce a CPC portfolio.

I would agree with all this. Quality control is my issue, my portfolio will look different to your and to sjb25 so it's hard to know what they want hence why I gave up. I can pull one together if they wanted but I just wish they had a system where we all log the same stuff and there is a consistent standard to follow.

CPC for AP and Paramedic would be a real challenge esp for the likes of DFB and HSE where the PT volumes are high. How is it going to be possible for these guys to record all this data when they are already so busy

Advertisement