Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭shovel

Allyall wrote: »
    No he installed them From their store. He doesn't install many, only uses it as a music (ocassional media) player. Google initially didn't allow non phone devices to have google market. That changed with android 3.
    Many people found workarounds anyway
    You could probably use Pandaapp as well..

Ziio, is only really for audio. Or kids, as it's pretty robust. But as a tablet that you want to play with and use on a every day basis. Forget it. It's a good price though.[/QUOT

going to buy this for my nine year old.

i see on the website that there is an option to update to android 2.2

i wonder will android 3 become available and therefore the playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

shovel wrote: »

going to buy this for my nine year old.

i see on the website that there is an option to update to android 2.2

i wonder will android 3 become available and therefore the playstore

I think Android 3 was where it was standard, but devices with 2.2 and above, can access/download it. So it can be added to the Ziio.
    Also some info here

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1290505
    http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190860
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-google-play-apk-3-5-19/
    http://androidandme.com/2012/03/applications/got-google-play-store-force-it-onto-your-android-device-now/
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/27/google-play-services-arrives-for-android-2-2-and-above/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

ks44 wrote: »
    Ordered a Ainol Hero 10 yesterday from Hongkongeek. €195 all in. with a cover, screen protector, few adapters and dhl delivery.
    Will let yous know how i get on

Just to update.Tablet has been dispatched today. About 6 days after ordered.

shovel wrote: »
    Thanks for that. On a fone right now.
    Would you recommend the zio for a nine yr old for Xmas

I don't know. Yes probably, I do think it's a great tablet for kids, but there are other ones..

It has a resistive screen (Albeit a good one). It is good for kids, and it is very well built.
    They're a well known brand, and any problems that you may run into, might be easier to solve/repair because of that. 9 year old wouldn't know 2.2 from 4.3. It is probably stuck at 2.2
    There is a team working on a custom rom, all the 10 inch ones were snapped up the last couple of days.
    It is great value.
    Here is a review, Worth pointing out that the review was made when it was full price, but also before a lot of the more powerful tablets came out. - Even then the review does mention the advantages of this tablet.
    LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

What tablet did you get?

EDIT.
    Looking over your previous posts, i think you got the Momo8?

ry putting a pin or toothpick in the side. (Small pinhole) That is to reset the tablet.

hi, sorry for late reply, its the ainol hero i got. Ingadget replied to me after my 2nd email to them, and he said he ''is waiting for his engineer to get back to him with a fix , will just be a case of a soft reset''

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, my gut is telling me this might just keep happening :mad: but then google tells me it happened a few people and they did the reset thing with pin in mic hole and it worked, others were saying stuff about firmware, but i honestly don't even know what that is or how to do it?!! such a disapointment

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tpx111

aliise wrote: »
    hi, sorry for late reply, its the ainol hero i got. Ingadget replied to me after my 2nd email to them, and he said he ''is waiting for his engineer to get back to him with a fix , will just be a case of a soft reset''

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, my gut is telling me this might just keep happening :mad: but then google tells me it happened a few people and they did the reset thing with pin in mic hole and it worked, others were saying stuff about firmware, but i honestly don't even know what that is or how to do it?!! such a disapointment

I've had several electronic devices like mp3 players etc that needed an occasional soft reset (safety pin in hole). I think it's the kind of thing that is bound to happen now and again with most devices, it's only really an indicator of something serious if it's happening frequently imo. Hopefully it's nothing serious in your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

There should a reset switch in the mic socket, try a sewing needle/paper clip to press it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

will this put everything back into chinese on me?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Anyone got any idea what charger comes with the ainol hero 10.1 from hongkonggeek?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

ks44 wrote: »

Just to update.Tablet has been dispatched today. About 6 days after ordered.

I ordered one from Aliexpress last night fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

My head is spinning with the amount of tablets out there and in this thread alone lol cant make my mind up, can anybody suggest one that has at least android 4.0, 1gb of ram, UK based so it comes with a proper AC adapter and is under 100 euro? the cheaper the better! :P thanks!

You are lucky-ish. ainol are a brand that have seem to have succesfully made a name, as a legit company, and have a huge amount of good reviews.
    I wouldn't panic yet. But i would still check out the return policy (again, don't panic yet.)

Most problems of tablets freezing are down to the software.

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea what charger comes with the ainol hero 10.1 from hongkonggeek?

I would imagine a USB charger, as it's standard.
    The same charger you have for most smartphones, except iphones.
    mr.noobie wrote: »
    My head is spinning with the amount of tablets out there and in this thread alone lol cant make my mind up, can anybody suggest one that has at least android 4.0, 1gb of ram, UK based so it comes with a proper AC adapter and is under 100 euro? the cheaper the better! :P thanks!

Futeko. To stop the head spins, and narrow down your choice. Otherwise there are hundreds. literally.

You don't have to buy from them, but they are a good marker, in terms of narrowing down tablets. Saying that, they have their favourites, and don't include many others.

Head spin starts again.

Novo Crystal. It's less then €100 you could choose any of the top sellers
    and it should work out just less, or equal to €100 and is available from futeko.com (UK based) for €122....

eken w70 pro (1GB ram) seems to be a non starter with them.

Novo Mars could be good for you. You can USB to HDMI if need be..

I don't know. Yes probably, I do think it's a great tablet for kids, but there are other ones..

It has a resistive screen (Albeit a good one). It is good for kids, and it is very well built.
    They're a well known brand, and any problems that you may run into, might be easier to solve/repair because of that. 9 year old wouldn't know 2.2 from 4.3. It is probably stuck at 2.2
    There is a team working on a custom rom, all the 10 inch ones were snapped up the last couple of days.
    It is great value.
    Here is a review, Worth pointing out that the review was made when it was full price, but also before a lot of the more powerful tablets came out. - Even then the review does mention the advantages of this tablet.
    LINK

Thanks for the reply.
    This subject is definitely a headwrecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Where did you order?

futeko.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloyne man

Lads. I got a Goclever tablet in a Shop in Midleton (expert)
    9" with case and keyboard. €149, full 12 months back to shop.

Very good reponse time, wi-fi no isuues
    800 X 480 screnn, good watching movies on it.

Cloyne man wrote: »
    Lads. I got a Goclever tablet in a Shop in Midleton (expert)
    9" with case and keyboard. €149, full 12 months back to shop.

Very good reponse time, wi-fi no isuues
    800 X 480 screnn, good watching movies on it.[/QUOTE

The resolution is c...p

http://www.goclever.com/category/view/4

The main thing is that you are fully satisfied with new toy :)

will this put everything back into chinese on me?? :o

I really don't know in this case however I can say that the problems you are
    having atm are software related(pretty common with Chinese Tablets)

Ask the retailer/online company to send you a link to download newer software for your tablet.

This should fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloyne man

True the resolution is not great but if you want good screen resolution you have to pay the extra
    I want it for web / movies on the go. no laptop boot up times etc.

But very happy with the toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finally received my u30gt mini this morning after 17 days in FedEX limbo!
    After rooting and flashing a custom ROM on 1 and leaving the other stock you can really see the difference!
    It is fast on stock, but flies on the custom ROM and no chinese helps too :P
    A fantastic bit of kit and the hit on my customs charge is a lot less than I thought too :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Hi All,
    I've been trawling through this thread looking at all the options. I'm hoping someone could help.

I'm looking to spend about €80 on a 7" tablet and I need it by Christmas. It doesn't have to be very fancy. Just need a good solid tablet for skype, email, maps, internet etc. No fancy games or big resolution or big storage. Good battery life would be nice.

Was looking at a few options on Amazon and saw this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0099NPR84/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Any thoughts or help would be great!

Thanks,

DC

EDIT: Just saw allyall's suggestion.
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php
    Looks good. Anyone have any experience with this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm trying to choose between a Cube u30gt mini and a Novo 7 Crystal...which is the better machine?

dcGT wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I've been trawling through this thread looking at all the options. I'm hoping someone could help.

I'm looking to spend about €80 on a 7" tablet and I need it by Christmas. It doesn't have to be very fancy. Just need a good solid tablet for skype, email, maps, internet etc. No fancy games or big resolution or big storage. Good battery life would be nice.

Was looking at a few options on Amazon and saw this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0099NPR84/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Any thoughts or help would be great!

Thanks,

DC

EDIT: Just saw allyall's suggestion.
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php
    Looks good. Anyone have any experience with this one?
    Im currently thinking about this one

http://www.mcbub.com/item/ICOO-D70pro-II-7-inch-Android-4-1-Tablet-PC-Capacitive-Screen-1024-600-RK3066-1GB-RAM-8GB-153102/

I cant see any downside to it besides that it has to come from china, but it would surely get here before xmas if bought over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Im currently thinking about this one

http://www.mcbub.com/item/ICOO-D70pro-II-7-inch-Android-4-1-Tablet-PC-Capacitive-Screen-1024-600-RK3066-1GB-RAM-8GB-153102/

I cant see any downside to it besides that it has to come from china, but it would surely get here before xmas if bought over the next few days

Thanks, looks good. Could be while waiting for China delivery though, then extra for customs potentially no?

Cheers,

DC

Thanks, looks good. Could be while waiting for China delivery though, then extra for customs potentially no?

Cheers,

DC

Use parcel motel if there's one near you to avoid any potential custom fees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Won't parcel motel just refuse to accept your package if there are customs fees due on it?

Won't parcel motel just refuse to accept your package if there are customs fees due on it?

From their FAQ;

What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

• Advertisement

Cheers,

DC

If you do go for it read this first, it's available on HongKonGeek Duty Paid.
    Also Amazon UK

~ But with a better battery (Amongst other things) the NATPC x2 comes from the same factory, is near identical, Slightly better, has dual cameras and 16GB, and 4000mah battery. This version on Ebay (Using Parcel Motel) and Amazon
    It appeared on HUKD.com 4 weeks ago for £65

Couple of things worth noting about the ICOO D70 Pro II, a lot of people saying that the battery is only 2500mah, and not the 3000mah (Which is still low) they advertise. 2500mah is very low.
    WiFi Reported to be a bit low, and standing beside the router still gets low reading (150kpbs).
    Also a few people saying that its standard ROM isn't good for European users, like the UG802 it has Chinese play store and some items are blocked. So you would probably have to root it.

Advertisement