Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Are supplements like multi-vits rubbish and just a waste of money? Does the body actually absorb them in such a processed cap form?

Watch from 17:20.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/lifestyle/3692-vpx-nutrition-behind-the-scenes-tour-a-up-close-interview-with-owner-jack-owak-part-1-of-3.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Are supplements like multi-vits rubbish and just a waste of money? Does the body actually absorb them in such a processed cap form?

Watch from 17:20.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/lifestyle/3692-vpx-nutrition-behind-the-scenes-tour-a-up-close-interview-with-owner-jack-owak-part-1-of-3.html

Thanks for the vid.

I've seen on other forums people saying most multis are absorption. Kinda hard to tell if they work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Nosleep!

I've never had a supplement cause me such a dramatic **** up in terms of my sleeping pattern. There really should be a "do not consume at least 8 hours before bedtime" wide awake and really need to be sleeping :(

I was training very late at 11pm it's just how it happened, but can't sleep at all. The stuff works for sure but I'll be careful about what times I consume it at from now on!

Nosleep!

I've never had a supplement cause me such a dramatic **** up in terms of my sleeping pattern. There really should be a "do not consume at least 8 hours before bedtime" wide awake and really need to be sleeping :(

I was training very late at 11pm it's just how it happened, but can't sleep at all. The stuff works for sure but I'll be careful about what times I consume it at from now on!

What time did you take it at?

• Advertisement

if anyone wants to try Xtend and not spend a lot, UK discount supplements are selling the small tubs for £15 incl delivery. Apple flavour is the only one left though.

if anyone wants to try Xtend and not spend a lot

I dont think its that expensive to use, even if your buying in Ireland, mainly because it lasts for ages. I'm spending 54cent a day on Xtend, I use 20grams during a workout, four days a week. I know some of you will say, "but thats 200 odd euro a year". I don't drink or smoke, and I know people that spend that easy on booze and smokes monthly.

But good spot on the cheap deal for Xtend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Nosleep!

I'm nearly sure theres a warning on it?? But most people know that like coffee or any other stimulant its not a good idea to go downing a pre-performance drinks near bed time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

Wondering has anyone tried both of these and whic one is better?

Was just about to buy jack3d.. but then I heard on a few reviews that muscle pharm assault was MUCH better?

so if anyone has any comments please share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Just bought what I thought was creatine. However it turns out it is not pure creatine monohydrate.

I noticed there is 75g of carbs per 100g. Thought this odd but looked at ingredients and the main one is dextrose.

normally I'd say f*ck it but was planning on going on the primal blueprint diet. (which is compatible with creatine)

So wondering should I return this stuff - or is it still decent enough?

• Advertisement

Just bought what I thought was creatine. However it turns out it is not pure creatine monohydrate.

I noticed there is 75g of carbs per 100g. Thought this odd but looked at ingredients and the main one is dextrose.

normally I'd say f*ck it but was planning on going on the primal blueprint diet. (which is compatible with creatine)

So wondering should I return this stuff - or is it still decent enough?

what's the name of the product?

Dextrose is glucose so is probably there to spike your insulin to 'shuttle' the creatine to your muscles.

what's the name of the product?

Dextrose is glucose so is probably there to spike your insulin to 'shuttle' the creatine to your muscles.

Its the "performance creatine" listed here

http://www.elinksterkstraat.nl/tuinen/sport/pe/producten_creatine.html

Its in dutch so rough translation

Precision Engineered High Performance Creatine contains simple carbohydrates in the form of dextrose.
    Promotes optimal transport in muscle. This increases the blood sugar so insulin is released and creatine in the muscle is pulled for faster and effective results, even 130% better than taking creatine alone.
    Promotes short-term energy reserves of creatine phosphate so that the duration of the effort can be extended.
    Speeds recovery between 'sets'.
    Stimulates protein synthesis and increase muscle size (by pulling water into the cells).
    Reduces acidity, it can be more lactic acid before fatigue occurs.
    Decreases muscle protein breakdown after intense exercise.
    Recommended Use
    Mix one scoop with one cup (250ml) cold water or juice. For best results, an electric blender.
    Use within 20 minutes.
    Ensure adequate fluid intake during and after exercise - at least six to eight glasses of water a day.
    For maximum results take the following:
    Phase 1 (Loading) : Drink 4 servings a day, five days long. Phase 2 (Maintenance) : Drink 1-2 servings per day, eleven weeks long. Phase 3 (Rest Period) : Four weeks of no creatine supplementation.

The above three phases can then be repeated.
    Flavors
    Grape
    Fruits
    Difference with regular creatine monohydrate
    The added dextrose improves absorption. The carbohydrate is the energy value is higher and therefore probably less suitable for weight loss than any other creatine product.

seems to be along the lines ofwhat you were saying -just wondering will it mess up the paleo diet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mess up the paleo diet how?

Supplements, including creatine, aren't availible to cavemen so those alone aren't paleo. Ignore the way these diets are marketed, yes there are benefits to eating whole food, and avoiding grains, but these benefits don't go away when you add one or two other things in small doses.

"Paleo" has had so made exceptinos added to the end of it that its a bit of a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bosswinger

Hi all,

Just a quick couple of questions about some Iron Science Products and how they compare to myprotein who I have got my whey, omega 3 and multi vits from in the past.

Iron Science Whey 80% - very similar nutritional info to myprotein True Whey but a bit cheaper. My question is for people that have used it does it mix well and also whats the coconut flavor like (of course taste is subjective but any opinion is appreciated)? I love coconut and coconut flavored whey intrigued me (It's the little things in life :rolleyes:).

Omega 3 and Multi vits - How do these compare to the myprotein equivalent? They seem cheaper per serving sugestions.

I have searched internet and not found a whole pile of info on their products so anyone with experience or comments it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

well basically, the supplement has a load of dextrose. so i'd be getting 80g of sugar per day from that alone.

its cool though, I traded it for pure creatine just now

CellMass gives me a headache. Don't know if it's the CEE or flavouring system used.

Has anyone else experienced headaches from this product?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

bosswinger wrote: »
    Iron Science Whey 80% - very similar nutritional info to myprotein True Whey but a bit cheaper. My question is for people that have used it does it mix well and also whats the coconut flavor like (of course taste is subjective but any opinion is appreciated)? I love coconut and coconut flavored whey intrigued me (It's the little things in life :rolleyes:).

Can't help you with flavours but it mixes just as well as anything I had from myprotein.

if anyone wants to try Xtend and not spend a lot, UK discount supplements are selling the small tubs for £15 incl delivery. Apple flavour is the only one left though.

Report: this stuff is outrageously tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

grimloch wrote: »

I just picked up a tub of this stuff downtown. Reading reviews it seems like its only useful for someone cutting? I'm trying to get stronger at the moment so on a cal surplus. Is it a waste of time taking it and if not, when is the best time to take it. I planned on taking 14grams during my workout...

colman1212 wrote: »

I just picked up a tub of this stuff downtown. Reading reviews it seems like its only useful for someone cutting? I'm trying to get stronger at the moment so on a cal surplus. Is it a waste of time taking it and if not, when is the best time to take it. I planned on taking 14grams during my workout...

It's designed to help recovery so should help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

bosswinger wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick couple of questions about some Iron Science Products and how they compare to myprotein who I have got my whey, omega 3 and multi vits from in the past.

Omega 3 and Multi vits - How do these compare to the myprotein equivalent? They seem cheaper per serving sugestions.

I have searched internet and not found a whole pile of info on their products so anyone with experience or comments it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

After years of buying off MP I now buy off Iron Science and theres no difference in the unflavoured product-both mix well and taste fine

colman1212 wrote: »

Well the only semi-useful thing I've done with it thus far is mix a few scoops with dextrose as a mixer for a naggin of vodka when i ran out of coke in my house.

I'll probably use it post workout with my dextrose, then get my protein in a bit later. No idea if its the best use of it, probably not but it's a protocol I saw a pretty swole guy following so I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know if it is possible to get this product in ireland, or delivered to Ireland for a decent price?

http://www.gnc.com/pwr/product-reviews/GNC-PRO-PERFORMANCE/p/3867636-GNC-Pro-Performance-reg-AMP-Pre-Post-Training-Pak.html

I have had a look online but I can't find anything, but then I don't know what sites are good for supplements and stuff like that in Ireland.

If it is not possible to get it in/delivered to Ireland at a decent price - can anyone recommend a similar type of product that I can get in Ireland?

Cheers.

I'll probably use it post workout with my dextrose, then get my protein in a bit later. No idea if its the best use of it, probably not but it's a protocol I saw a pretty swole guy following so I'll give it a shot.

I've used it two ways thus far:

10grams Xtend + 5grams CM before workout. Then same again post workout with 50grams Dextrose, waiting 30mins, then protein.

But at the moment I drink 20grams Xtend during my workout in 1.5 litres of water.

PM me, I'm heading to the states this Friday for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I put 20g in water today and drank it during my workout. Is this stuff supposed to give you energy because I had a hell of a lot more energy/focus that usual. PR'd and did a massive session. Its prob just placebo...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

cheers for the offer - in the states myself at the moment, so I can grab a couple of boxes myself before I leave - looking to see if I can restock when I get back home.

Cheers for the offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

Does anyone know if Myprotein tribulus pro is any good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Tekken wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Myprotein tribulus pro is any good

nah save your money-tribs never backed up it claims when studied, might work as a placebo though!

• Advertisement

Ever buy a flavour of protein powder that you regret?

Choc Peanut Butter.. what was I thinking :(

Advertisement