Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JMuoholic

Worztron wrote: »
    The Goonies (1985)?

No it's similar but a different movie. The boys end up saving the bad guys and at the end of the movie the bad guys pay for lemonade at a lemonade stand with gold coins from the cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

JMuoholic wrote: »
    No it's similar but a different movie. The boys end up saving the bad guys and at the end of the movie the bad guys pay for lemonade at a lemonade stand with gold coins from the cave.

Decade? 1980s?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JMuoholic

Worztron wrote: »
    Decade? 1980s?

I remember watching as a kid so yes I would say 80s or 90s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All these Goonies rip-offs sound the same, but it might be Treasure. Was there a lighthouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hruehshho

i need help for identify movie
    i saw it when i was very young
    it's about group of a kids that finds cave of time travel and they go little town and save her from crime
    i don't remember a lot. i really need thats movie name
    sorry for bad ENG...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not a movie but sounds like the old BBC tv series into the labyrinth

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hruehshho

no man but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

So............here we go , and I only got my own interpretation of ....a trailer, that me and my daughter saw and a couple of years later we are asking, "what ever happened to that movie" ?

Zombie movie I think , trailer show a car turned upside down , someone in it still strapped in , you get this as the camera is slowly panning out and you are hearing an intermittent noise of something being dragged over gravel . IIRC it is a girl being dragged away when the camera finally turns and I think thats where the trailer ends .

Have at it lads and lassie's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

jonski wrote: »
    So............here we go , and I only got my own interpretation of ....a trailer, that me and my daughter saw and a couple of years later we are asking, "what ever happened to that movie" ?

Zombie movie I think , trailer show a car turned upside down , someone in it still strapped in , you get this as the camera is slowly panning out and you are hearing an intermittent noise of something being dragged over gravel . IIRC it is a girl being dragged away when the camera finally turns and I think thats where the trailer ends .

Have at it lads and lassie's

Dragged through a hedge?Sounds like 30 Days Of Night.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Dragged through a hedge?Sounds like 30 Days Of Night.

Yeah , I think dragged through a hedge , but I don't think it was 30 days of night , I have seen that and it is about vampires , this was a trailer for a zombie movie .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is this it? It's a webisode for Stake Land, which is about vampires as well but heavily inspired by the zombie-apocalypse genre.

http://youtu.be/mNx1rsud8Zs

Is this it? It's a webisode for Stake Land, which is about vampires as well but heavily inspired by the zombie-apocalypse genre.

http://youtu.be/mNx1rsud8Zs

You sir , are a champion . Thank you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Stake land is a good film. Well worth a watch. It's on Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Gritty low-budget (which added to the realism) movie about Liverpudlian gangsters/drug dealers .......... possibly a made-for-tv movie ........ one scene which stood out for me was 1/2 gangsters (possibly wearing balaclavas) struggling (morally?) to pull the trigger on a guy ......... was a very tense realistic scene.

Any idea???

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Gritty low-budget (which added to the realism) movie about Liverpudlian gangsters/drug dealers .......... possibly a made-for-tv movie ........ one scene which stood out for me was 1/2 gangsters (possibly wearing balaclavas) struggling (morally?) to pull the trigger on a guy ......... was a very tense realistic scene.

Any idea???

Could be 51st State but I personally thought it was about as gritty and realistic as Scooby Doo.Its the only movie about Liverpool gangsters that I think of off the top of my head though.

Could be 51st State but I personally thought it was about as gritty and realistic as Scooby Doo.Its the only movie about Liverpool gangsters that I think of off the top of my head though.

Nope, it's not that ....... no known actors in it as far as I can remember and it was low low budget.

Nope, it's not that ....... no known actors in it as far as I can remember and it was low low budget.

Could it be Shooters

Haven't seen it myself so I wouldn't know any specific scenes...

Could it be Shooters

Haven't seen it myself so I wouldn't know any specific scenes...

Bang on the money!!! Downloading it as we speak ......... thanks a million!!! :)

Bang on the money!!! Downloading it as we speak ......... thanks a million!!! :)

No problem. Glad to be of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

Funny, I'm always lurking here to answer a few that I may know (I've gotten a few) but never thought to post one myself that is bugging me.

It's a film (late 80's, early 90's) about a killer who lives in the sewer system. The cop who is investigating is killed by him and his son tries to track the killer down. I was convinced Keanu Reeves was in it but having gone through his back catalogue I'm doubting it now. In the final scene the killer is pushed up through a manhole and gets his head knocked off by a car. I also seem to remember a scene involving night vision goggles similar to Silence of the Lambs.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

p to the e wrote: »
    Funny, I'm always lurking here to answer a few that I may know (I've gotten a few) but never thought to post one myself that is bugging me.

It's a film (late 80's, early 90's) about a killer who lives in the sewer system. The cop who is investigating is killed by him and his son tries to track the killer down. I was convinced Keanu Reeves was in it but having gone through his back catalogue I'm doubting it now. In the final scene the killer is pushed up through a manhole and gets his head knocked off by a car. I also seem to remember a scene involving night vision goggles similar to Silence of the Lambs.

The Watcher? It's the only serial killer film with Reeves I can think of.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The Watcher? It's the only serial killer film with Reeves I can think of.

No it's not that as I actually saw that in the cinema (one of the few I reckon). Useless fact, this got me a pointless answer on Pointless for Keanu Reeves films a few weeks back.

I'm pretty sure Reeves isn't in it now but I don't know why I always had it in my head. Maybe the style of direction of the film reminded me of Point Break.

Its been years since I've seen it but I'm almost certain Darkman with Liam Neeson has a similar scene.Dosen't seem to match the rest of your description though.

Its been years since I've seen it but I'm almost certain Darkman with Liam Neeson has a similar scene.Dosen't seem to match the rest of your description though.

Unfortunately that's not it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Unfortunately that's not it.

That sounds like The Watcher with Keanu, been ages since I saw it but the night vision goggles and a sewer scene sound very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Aussie Zombie movie that a trailer was posted on here, could have been a kickstater project. But it seemed as if the main characters somehow powered the vehicle using zombies, trailer was a scene rather than shots of the movie.

Anyone know the name of it and did it ever come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Aussie Zombie movie that a trailer was posted on here, could have been a kickstater project. But it seemed as if the main characters somehow powered the vehicle using zombies, trailer was a scene rather than shots of the movie.

Anyone know the name of it and did it ever come out?
    WYRMWOOD?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

WYRMWOOD?

Excellent thats it, watched a bit of the actual trailer and it shows a lot more.

grand watch that over the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Excellent thats it, watched a bit of the actual trailer and it shows a lot more.

grand watch that over the weekend :)

I hope you remember the name this time :):o
    I think that you are on about Wyrmwood
    From what I can find, it is made and is meant to be released this year.

• Advertisement

This was a British B & W movie from the 1930s,unusual in that it featured a male character who you were left in no doubt was gay.He had a pencil moustache and looked a bit like a young Laurence Olivier,though I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.Can't remember too much about it,in one scene he playfully slaps the female lead on the wrist and says(in a really camp voice) "I'm very cross with you".

And no it was not Hitchcocks The 39 Steps.There was another (straight) male lead.

Advertisement