Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have already e-mailed Sky Sports stating that i will cancel my SKY sports subscription if they have any part in promoting this fight, if more people follow suit we can hopefully avoid/limit these two scumbags profiting from this.

Why didn't you ask Sky to confirm that, on moral grounds, they won't show the fight ? It will be big box office - way bigger than for a couple of boring Ukrainians.

If we follow your logic some of the best fights would never of happened. Ali is accepted as the Greatest yet he pulled some epic stunts - like constantly call Frazier an "uncle tom" & referring to Foreman as an ape & monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 j clean

both should be banned for life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I for one hope Sky show the fight. It was mentally retarded handbags that barely crossed the line, and indeed things Ali got away with back in the day, like calling Frazier an Uncle Tom, were a thousand times more sinister than this.

Shock, horror, two unliked fighters behave in an unlikeable fashion. I could barely care less beyond it being some extra melodrama and it sign-posting a Chisora-Haye fight.

The boxing boards are going to step into a legal minefield if they hand out huge bans.

Moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It was embarrassing for British sport, but don't really think life time ban is warranted, if failing drugs tests, loading up with plaster and biting a man's ear off doesn't disqualify you for life, then surely throwing a slap and acting like animals isn't going to get you done...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭walshb

All this banned for life talk is nonsense. They had a freaking scuffle. Yes, a bottle was in Haye's hand. That happened. Chisora confronted him and Haye reacted. Hell, every week there's incidents of violence on GAA pitches and soccer pitches and rugby pitches. If we banned for life we would have very little left. I am all for fair play and dignity and respect, but the incident the other night was just another in a line of incidents. Chisora is the loose canon, and he should face sanctions here more so than Haye.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/feb/20/dereck-chisora-jail-david-haye

Seriously why is Chisora being blamed more then Haye ????

Haye GLASSED him as the 1st move !! GLASSED him ???

WTF ??

the threats ?? I have made similar threats when angry ... jesus ...

jcf wrote: »

WTF ??

Chisora approached Haye. Chisora threatened Haye before approaching him. Chisora brought this on, started this, initiated this.

Haye's only fault was that he shouldn't have been there to begin with. But, it was Chisora, a loose canon, who approached and threatened Haye.

Bear in mind that Chisora beats women, attacks boxers in face offs and spits water into the faces of boxers. Haye was hardly expecting a kiss and a cuddle off Chisora.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

OK, I didn't know he had such a bad rep ... hits women ??

you would think a heavyweight boxer would know better..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Staged staged staged!

The bottle: why did Haye even have a glass bottle attending a press conference? Does he even drink? It also just happens to be the same brand as the bottles placed on the desk for placement shots.

Chisora: why did he continue to interject when Haye was mouthing off at Klitschko? It was a laughably unconvincing dialogue.

Haye: Rants at Klitschko
    Chisora: "David, how's your toe" etc.
    Haye: Says something about Chisora losing three times in a row
    Chisora: "Ooooh, say that to my face"

Chisora: "ooooh, I'm so angry I'm coming down there in a fit of rage", "woops, nearly forgot the mic".. gimme a break :rolleyes:

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Staged staged staged!

The bottle: why did Haye even have a glass bottle attending a press conference? Does he even drink? It also just happens to be the same brand as the bottles placed on the desk for placement shots.

Chisora: why did he continue to interject when Haye was mouthing off at Klitschko? It was a laughably unconvincing dialogue.

Haye: Rants at Klitschko
    Chisora: "David, how's your toe" etc.
    Haye: Says something about Chisora losing three times in a row
    Chisora: "Ooooh, say that to my face"

Chisora: "ooooh, I'm so angry I'm coming down there in a fit of rage", "woops, nearly forgot the mic".. gimme a break :rolleyes:

I must admit, Haye with the bottle did look odd, out of place. I thought that. Staged? Possibly. Do we even know if the bottle was glass? May look like glass, but do we know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Yeah let's stage something that could **** up my hand or scar your face, great idea. This was not planned or if it was not to go down as it did

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Yeah let's stage something that could **** up my hand or scar your face, great idea. This was not planned or if it was not to go down as it did

If that was really a glass bottle I would be inclined to fully agree. Now, was it? We cannnot tell from simple videos or pics.

walshb wrote: »
    If that was really a glass bottle I would be inclined to fully agree. Now, was it? We cannnot tell from simple videos or pics.

Everyone claims it's a class of beer but the liquid looks clear... I'm hardly a member of the CSI team though so can't really say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I thought it was established he HAD a glass beer bottle when shouting from the back of the room, however at brawl time it had been swapped for a plastic lemonade bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

Chisora approached Haye. Chisora threatened Haye before approaching him. Chisora brought this on, started this, initiated this.

Haye's only fault was that he shouldn't have been there to begin with. But, it was Chisora, a loose canon, who approached and threatened Haye.

Bear in mind thaty Chisora beats women, attacks boxers in face offs and spits water into the faces of boxers. Haye was hardly expecting a kiss and a cuddle off Chisora.

Only fault? You don't see anything wrong with smashing a glass bottle over someone's head and attacking others with a tripod?

Chisora's a common thug but lets not let that excuse Hayes behaviour. He reacted because his attempt at turning the press conference into his little sideshow got nowhere and worse, he was effectively juvenilised by everyone in the room (his toe, coward in the ring, Boente refusing to allow him talk to RTL etc.). His own frustrations led to the attack. It wasn't some righteous act of self defence.

corny wrote: »
    Only fault? You don't see anything wrong with smashing a glass bottle over someone's head and attacking others with a tripod?

Chisora's a common thug but lets not let that excuse Hayes behaviour. He reacted because his attempt at turning the press conference into his little sideshow got nowhere and worse, he was effectively juvenilised by everyone in the room (his toe, coward in the ring, Boente refusing to allow him talk to RTL etc.). His own frustrations led to the attack. It wasn't some righteous act of self defence.

Again, who approached who? What was Haye to do? Run? He runs and he gets slated. Chisora was the one who instigated the confrontation. Haye did not approach Chisora.

Everyone claims it's a class of beer but the liquid looks clear... I'm hardly a member of the CSI team though so can't really say for sure.

Not asking what was in the bottle. Wondering what material the bottle was made of.

If it's confirmed that is was a glass bottle, then I would say that it was one hell of a risky publicity stunt.

Again, who approached who? What was Haye to do? Run? He runs and he gets slated. Chisora was the one who instigated the confrontation. Haye did not approach Chisora.

So his only recourse was smash a bottle over his head, punch him with the other hand then pick up a tripod and attack some more people? Seriously?

corny wrote: »
    So his only recourse was smash a bottle over his head, punch him with the other hand then pick up a tripod and attack some more people? Seriously?

Ok, I may not be as up on this as you, but, did the bottle smash? Also, I thought he punched with the hand that had the bottle in it?

Never said punching someone with your fist that has a bottle in that hand is ok. It's not. But, Haye did not "set out" to do this. Chisora approached him first, and Chisora is a whack job, who had threatened Haye's life. Or, are you going to excuse this?

The theory that it was staged is most likely not true, but I wouldn't be so sure until I have all the facts. And, like I said, if that bottle was glass, then I believe it was not a staged act.

Either way, bottle or not, it did not appear staged to me. I am just asking questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Why is every one saying he glassed him....HE DIDNT. He boxed him in the mouth whilst holding a glass bottle, at no point did the bottle hit Chisora. Did difference if he had actually smashed him in the face with the bottle.
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Staged staged staged!

:rolleyes:

Yes it does just so happen, if that beer company are sponsoring the event they are hardly going to allow other beer brands at the event are they...think about it.
    I thought it was established he HAD a glass beer bottle when shouting from the back of the room, however at brawl time it had been swapped for a plastic lemonade bottle.

During the fracas a glass bottle can clearly be heard hitting the tiled floor.

• Advertisement

SooooBored wrote: »
    Why is every one saying he glassed him....HE DIDNT. He boxed him in the mouth whilst holding a glass bottle, at no point did the bottle hit Chisora. Did difference if he had actually smashed him in the face with the bottle.

Sidenote:

Eh, punching someone in the head/face with a bottle in that hand is every bit as dangerous and nasty as "glassing" someone. Should the bottle break on impact, you can be sure serious damage will be done.

Not asking what was in the bottle. Wondering what material the bottle was made of.

If it's confirmed that is was a glass bottle, then I would say that it was one hell of a risky publicity stunt.

Meant it was a glass bottle... typo
    Sidenote:

Eh, punching someone in the head/face with a bottle in that hand is every bit as dangerous and nasty as "glassing" someone. Should the bottle break on impact, you can be sure serious damage will be done.

Yes to your own hand...

Yes to your own hand...

And, most likely serious damage to the face of the victim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

WTF ??

Haye did not glass him ffs.

Meant it was a glass bottle... typo

Yes to your own hand...

CSI wouldn't tolerate typos...:)

from the way he's holding it a large proportion of the glass is in his fist though, if it smashes, it'd probably do him more damage than Chisora.

Haye did not glass him ffs.

Please define what is "glassing" someone?

Does it have to be a glass, does it have to break, does it have to cause facial tearing?

Because if someone punches someone else in the head/face with a weapon such as a glass or a glass bottle in their hand, then can this not qualify as someone "glassing" someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Sidenote:

Yes i know its every bit as dangerous, im not denying that, im just stating that the bottle didnt hit Chisora so he didnt get glassed.

Never said punching someone with your fist that has a bottle in that hand is ok. It's not. But, Haye did not "set out" to do this. Chisora approached him first, and Chisora is a whack job, who had threatend Haye's life. Or, are you going to excuse this?

Please don't confuse the issue. My only mention of Chisora was that he's a thug.

And actually you implied it was ok when you said "haye's only fault.........". Thats what i responded to if you remember.

• Advertisement

from the way he's holding it a large proportion of the glass is in his fist though, if it smashes, it'd probably do him more damage than Chisora.

Let's not split hairs. Bottom line: There is a real chance that the victim could suffer serious damage. Haye was not thinking about the position of the bottle etc, he simply threw a forceful punch whilst hodling what many believe to be a glass bottle in the punching hand.

Advertisement