Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

• 27-02-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭

Processing is well advanced on what currently looks like Atlantis' final mission.:(:(:(

Currently targeted for launch on May 14th at 14.28 EDT(19.28 Irish time). Atlantis is due to deliver an Integrated Cargo Carrier and a Mini Research Module built by the Russians.

sts132-s-002.jpg

sts132-s-001.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Atlantis' Main Engines arrive to be fitted to the Orbiter.

2010-1914-m.jpg

2010-1916-m.jpg

2010-1920-m.jpg

2010-1927-m.jpg

2010-1928-m.jpg

ET 136 which will make up part of Atlantis' stack on STS-132 makes it's way onto the barge which will transport it to KSC. It's due to arrive early next week.

ET136-4-lo.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

T-3...............:(

Beeker wrote: »
    T-3...............:(

I'll be sad to see this one end,my baby may never fly again.:(:(

She'll be processed after STS-132 in case she's needed for a LON flight or STS-135 gets a green light but i'm not expecting that to happen.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'll be sad to see this one end,my baby may never fly again.:(:(

She'll be processed after STS-132 in case she's needed for a LON flight or STS-135 gets a green light but i'm not expecting that to happen.:(
    Keep the faith........keep the faith;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

hey LL,I like that mission patch!
    Atlantis showing its rear end to those who finished her,how appropiate:)

I hope its Launch On Need is to rescue Bush jnr,Augustine,obama.........et al, that were involved in 'the end of NASA' from their unexpected Kick into orbit from all NASA lovers,which i am now currently processing!;)

Oh and if the last two Astronauts name on that list: Good Sellers could not get an extension,Who can?

I like that mission patch a lot. It's very simple,basic even,and i'd like to think it's showing the sun setting on Atlantis as she sees out her final mission.:)

I like that mission patch a lot. It's very simple,basic even,and i'd like to think it's showing the sun setting on Atlantis as she sees out her final mission.:)
    Yeah I agree, I like the patch also. Simple but fitting end for Atlantis.

Atlantis' ET arrives at KSC.

2010-1969-m.jpg

sts1321.jpg

• Advertisement

I was looking at the hi-res of that yesterday. There's a few astronauts(other than STS-132 crew) in there too and some other NASA personnel. I like this one a lot but i'm also a baseball fan so that helps.:)

Yeah I can see Mick Coats on the right and looks like ynotdu's friend from 125 Mike Massimino on the left:)

and looks like ynotdu's friend from 125 Mike Massimino on the left:)

He's everywhere since STS-125!!

Yeah I can see Mick Coats on the right and looks like ynotdu's friend from 125 Mike Massimino on the left:)

He's everywhere since STS-125!!

I AM NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ynotdu wrote: »
    I AM NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it was you Mike "ynotdu" Massimino:D:D:D:D

132's External tank and booster stacked and ready for Atlantis!
    20102437m.jpg

Atlantis due to roll over to the VAB April 12. Fitting day for the final rollover of Atlantis. It will be the 29th Anniversary of STS-1

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Atlantis's payload being prepared and loaded into the payload transport canister.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=211069;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=211071;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=210448;image

Poor Atlantis. The fat lady is doing her vocal exercises.:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

If by flight readiness its still on for the 14th May, I'll post some pics from the Cape.

If by flight readiness its still on for the 14th May, I'll post some pics from the Cape.

Please do. My advice would be to by a cheap tripod and mount your camera on it and put it on burst mode or auto mode if you have it. That way you can watch the launch with your own eyes. That's what i done and even though i only got pics up until it cleared the tower it was worth it to be able to watch it with my own eyes.

Please do. My advice would be to by a cheap tripod and mount your camera on it and put it on burst mode or auto mode if you have it. That way you can watch the launch with your own eyes. That's what i done and even though i only got pics up until it cleared the tower it was worth it to be able to watch it with my own eyes.

Be bringing a 70-300 lense, so should end up with photo at this range.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yakkosmurf/2539900859/

Be bringing a 70-300 lense, so should end up with photo at this range.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yakkosmurf/2539900859/

I'd a 45-200mm lens and got reasonable pics. I was reluctant to buy a bigger lens as i'd never get the use out of it.

Here's a couple of examples of mine.

0811.jpg

1142.jpg

I'd a 45-200mm lens and got reasonable pics. I was reluctant to buy a bigger lens as i'd never get the use out of it.

Here's a couple of examples of mine.

Was that from the causeway?

Was that from the causeway?

Yeah,it was. Great view of the Orbiter as it sits on the pad and you could see it up until Booster sep.

Rollover to the VAB now set for Tuesday 13th.

Rollover still scheduled for tomorrow with Rollout to the pad set for Tuesday 20 April but talk of moving that forward to Monday 19th, the same day as the 131 landing. Could be a busy day at KSC:)

Rollover still scheduled for tomorrow with Rollout to the pad set for Tuesday 20 April but talk of moving that forward to Monday 19th, the same day as the 131 landing. Could be a busy day at KSC:)

Everything seems to be going to plan so far.

• Advertisement

Rollover of Atlantis to the VAB due at 12.00. Not sure if there'll be any coverage as Discovery and EVA 3 is getting all the coverage at the moment.

Advertisement