Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unlikeliest place where you met someone you knew?

• 23-11-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anywhere in the world

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Breadwoman wrote: »
    Anywhere in the world

Was that the one with Teresa Lowe?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

They werent really people i know but i was in a small town in Alaska years ago (cant even remember the name of the town it was so obscure) and met these 2 Irish guys with Ireland jerseys on with "Zinedine Kilbane" printed on the back.They intoduced themselves to me when they noticed me wearing my Ireland jersey :)

It was just a strange meeting to happen in a far away under populated town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Chucken wrote: »
    Was that the one with Teresa Lowe?

Where in the world no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Where in the world no?

Telly Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

A meeting of the Society for the Prevention of the Misuse of Superlatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

In my girl friends bedroom.then had to make awkward small talk about his Family -how is the wife these days ,and the Kids??-as he got dressed,I even had to give his car a push to start it,.anyway we still meet up for an odd pint or so.. (

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

In a hotel in Majorca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Their wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Not someone I knew but was working down in McSorely's in Killarney as a favour one night a few years ago and this young wan came up and starts roaring at me "ah you work in Muldoon's in Waterford, what are you doing here". I wouldn't mind but Muldoon's had been closed a year at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

My girlfriend and I have gone to Edinburgh the last two summers. The first time (last year), we were heading to the gate and bumped into a friend of mine who was getting the same flight! Thought that was mad enough; of all the flights, to all the places, he was getting the same one as us at a quarter to 5 or something in the morning. This year, sitting down getting something to eat after security check before our flight at about the same time as last year. Then walks past another friend of mine I hadn't seen in ages... getting the same flight!! Not only did they both get on the same flight, but it was a bit mad seeing them at all before reaching the gate. Saw the second fella walking through a park during the stay too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

In the kitchen, saw the auld lady making dinner. I was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

We were on ko samui.
    It was pissin rain and standing in for cover in a shop canopy on the street
    Across the road was a bar with. open window s looking out onto street

The husband goes Jasus there's mike and lo and behold a fella who he grew up with having a pint across the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dancing on a pool table in a random bar in San Francisco, turns out the dude dancing beside me was someone I used to have a few jars with in Dublin. Brilliant night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

I was all alone one night, walking the streets, then I met an old friend, me and Jack Daniels go way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

a big shopping centre in Darwin, Oz, called Casuarina Square. Its their Dundrum.

I was seeing a movie with an Irish girl, and my sister texted me. She said my old babysitter (and first crush) saw me walking around, but presumed i was in Ireland and that she'd seen a lookalike.

Anyway, I got her number and we met in one of the Irish bars (predictable).

Anyway that story sounded far more interesting in my head so I'll just fade off now into unimpressed silence, like so…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

a gay bar in the vatican

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

Ran into an old college friend I hadn't seen in about 10 years in a bar in Hermanus in South Africa. Bumped into her again in three more towns after that on that holiday. I know the Garden Route is the main tourist trail in South Africa, but it was a bit strange constantly meeting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Epcot in Disneyworld in Florida or walking down a street in New York with my sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

After Ireland qualified I asked my boss for 2 weeks holidays to go to the World Cup in Japan in 2002. He said no as he was going on holidays with his family to Spain for a few weeks in June. Disappointed but undeterred i decided to book the trip anyway & take a chance of getting a cert off the doctor for a few weeks. In the lead up to the World Cup the company went mad with people asking for days off etc. the boss was a read hard ass & said anyone caught skiving off work to watch the World Cup would be punished severely. I got my cert & headed off to Japan for 2 weeks.

Anyway, after Ireland drew with Germany we ended up in a karaoke bar in Ibaraki. The craic was mighty & different lads were going up singing. Next thing I hear the start of "I think I'm turning Japanese" & the place erupted. I looked at the stage & see my boss, topless, going ape on the stage. In fairness to him he was good craic when I approached him after he finished singing. I said to him not to tell anyone in work about me going on the trip when others had to stay back & do my work under the presumption that I was sick. He said "no problem coop I won't say a word...as long as you don't tell the wife I'm not in Spain playing golf with the lads" he scurried back to his table which had about 10 Japanese woman sitting at it.

One of the best nights I've ever had in my life & seeing him topped it off. He left the company maybe 6 months later but I regularly see him at Ireland matches abroad.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Was drinking all day in a backstreet pub in Cambodia on Paddy's day a few years back - not exactly somewhere on the tourist trail. About ten that night a group of girls came in, one walks straight up to me and says "you're mike_ie, aren't you?". Turns out I had taught her in college about seven years beforehand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

I have met the same women on 3 continents entirely by chance- Europe, North America and Asia. First time in a sleepy village in England visiting relations, second when we both were at a concert in upstate NY and third when she was working in Hong Kong and I was on holidays.
    We were in uni together and used to get on fine but we didn't keep in touch and then kept meeting each other. Anyway she has a boyfriend so I couldn't care less if I ever met her hot self again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭dmc17

mike_ie wrote: »
    Was drinking all day in a backstreet pub in Cambodia on Paddy's day a few years back - not exactly somewhere on the tourist trail. About ten that night a group of girls came in, one walks straight up to me and says "you're mike_ie, aren't you?". Turns out I had taught her in college about seven years beforehand...

How could she forget you with a name like 'Mike underscore ie'!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,753 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I went over to Paris with a mate of mine to go to the infamous France vs Ireland football match where we were robbed by Henri and the Danish ref. Anyway we had no tickets going over but soon picked up a couple from a Mayo lad in an Irish bar as you do. get to the ground later that night, get into the stadium, find our seats and low and behold im sitting beside the bloke who lives 10 doors down from me.. madness... It's yourself says I.. it is says he ! is it yourself !? IT IS !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Walked into a bar in the canaries and heard my name called out as I entered the bar it was a girl I went to school with hasn't seen her in about ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Last year. Walked into a wee British pub next to what was once Chairman Mao's private plane in Shenzhen. China. Fella I knew at college and not seen in 20 odd years ago, recognized me.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I was introduced to my ex boyfriend who I'd broken up with 6 months previously by an American girl at a concert in Buenos Aires. Maddest thing to have ever happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

At an s&m munch. Much embarrassment.

Advertisement