Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Value

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

98.3 + 3.9 in the bank.

102.2 total - good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Without knowing resale value it's hard to judge what's good or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What actually dictates resale value? I've been trying to find an explanation for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    What actually dictates resale value? I've been trying to find an explanation for it!

Go to transfers, hit X on ALL your players. That will give you your resale value. It will be lower that your team value, as you only make 0.1 for every 0.2 that a player goes up. In other words, Siggy might be worth 6.5, and have contributed to your team value going up by 0.5 since the start, but you'll only get 6.2 for him, which is what really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Total value 101.9 (lost 0.1 last night)

Resale value 100.6

• Advertisement

I had extracted all players in the system in August and yesterday for the craic extracted them all again so I could compare starting prices and current prices.

Overall with the list of players (over 500), I worked out that the overall price of all players has decreased by 27.9million since the start of the season if you tot up all the price increases and decreases since then.

That excludes players who have joined teams or been added to the system since I did the first extract, and also I was too lazy to go through duplicate players (Cole, Morrison, Long, Reid....etc where there's the same name at different clubs) so I just removed all of them, but for those who were there in August and still there today, it's clear that price decreases far outweigh the increases and as I say that's to the tune of over 25m for the universe of players.

32 players are at a higher value now than starting, 250 are at a lower value of the sample I took. That's nearly half having decreased.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭dahat

€100.7

€1.3 in the bank

€100.8 Resale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

100.3 resale.. hanging in there :pac:

98.5m + 3.9 in the bank.

100.9 resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Team value of 100m, 2.2m in the bank and a resale value of 100.9m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

My team value is currently 102.6 with nothing in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Post wildcard I'm now up to 102.1 total value but more importantly 100.8 resale.

Also with a few already risen 0.1 and heading the right direction in the he coming week or to two hopefully, e.g. Pelle.

Feels a bit better.

8 of the 10 most transferred in players today are in my team. 2 more in top 16.

Hopefully that's a sign my wildcard choices are ok, and hopefully it'll boost the team value long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

102.1 overall including bank

Still only 100.7 to spend!

8-10 wrote: »
    I had extracted all players in the system in August and yesterday for the craic extracted them all again so I could compare starting prices and current prices.

Overall with the list of players (over 500), I worked out that the overall price of all players has decreased by 27.9million since the start of the season if you tot up all the price increases and decreases since then.

That excludes players who have joined teams or been added to the system since I did the first extract, and also I was too lazy to go through duplicate players (Cole, Morrison, Long, Reid....etc where there's the same name at different clubs) so I just removed all of them, but for those who were there in August and still there today, it's clear that price decreases far outweigh the increases and as I say that's to the tune of over 25m for the universe of players.

32 players are at a higher value now than starting, 250 are at a lower value of the sample I took. That's nearly half having decreased.

I had a look at the price rise/fall records on FISO there, to look at this from a different angle. There are now 543 entries on FISO's price change log from the 18/8/14 until 32/9/14.

I took all these events out into a spreadsheet and split them into the rises and the falls and this is what I found.

The 543 breaks down as 465 price drops against only 78 rises! Thats about 6 times as many drops as rises.

Total of drops is therefore 46.5m with only 7.8m in rises. A nett loss of value of 38.7m.

That figure is probably a bit more accurate than what you did above as it should account for the stuff you were too lazy to do. :)

But your figure was probably not far away suggesting a drop of about another 10m nett since your post only 4 or 5 days ago!

Wouldn't want to have shares in that company anyway!!

FHFC wrote: »
    I had a look at the price rise/fall records on FISO there, to look at this from a different angle. There are now 543 entries on FISO's price change log from the 18/8/14 until 32/9/14.

I took all these events out into a spreadsheet and split them into the rises and the falls and this is what I found.

The 543 breaks down as 465 price drops against only 78 rises! Thats about 6 times as many drops as rises.

Total of drops is therefore 46.5m with only 7.8m in rises. A nett loss of value of 38.7m.

That figure is probably a bit more accurate than what you did above as it should account for the stuff you were too lazy to do. :)

But your figure was probably not far away suggesting a drop of about another 10m nett since your post only 4 or 5 days ago!

Wouldn't want to have shares in that company anyway!!

Shows it's even worse than I thought. Are drops more volatile this year or is it just that there's so few rises that it's more noticeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

102.3 overall

100.9 resale value

6 players halfway from a bankable value (4 of these in the Top 10 most transferred in this gameweek)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It's a bit mad alright it was apparent there were far more price drops than rises but seeing the cold hard numbers now highlights the imbalance we're dealing with this season. I reckon in another 5-10 gameweeks this imbalance could really start to show, based on how you've acted in the transfer market! I posted in the Price Changes thread of my treble transfer on Sunday (left me with 0.2 in the bank), whereas today just 2 days later i would be 0.2 short for same transfers if i'd waited

my team: 102.8, 0.2 in bank. 101.1 resale value. thankfully none of my players look set for a drop (this week anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

100 mil. 2.6 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

98.6 with 3.6 in the bank. 102.2 total. Ulloa and Pelle transfers in the main reason for low team value. My strategy at the moment is to follow the fixtures and not get too caught up on following form/rises only. So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭G1032

1.5 itb
    100.9 resale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

100.1m with 1m in the bank
    Post wildcard 101.6 with 0.2 in bank

And now 102.4 with 0.1 in the bank

Must be doing something right

And now 102.4 with 0.1 in the bank

Must be doing something right

Resale value?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

102.1 with 1.1 in the bank. Resale is 101.4m.
    Wildcard intact but not doing as well as other years due to lack of interest this year.
    Only at 350k but its early days yet I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

8-10 wrote: »
    Resale value?

102.1 with 1.1 in the bank. Resale is 101.4m.
    Wildcard intact but not doing as well as other years due to lack of interest this year.
    Only at 350k but its early days yet I suppose.

Those are all great numbers from what I've seen. My resale is 101.1 but have wildcarded. Similar rank.

I think team value wise there are the people that got on Naismith and the people that didn't. 0.3m profit in a couple of weeks, best bandwagon so far.

Missed both him and Dier or could be half a million better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭KrakityJones

I'm at 102 now with .8 in the bank, resale 101.1

I'm keeping with what my strategy from last season - sacrifice up to 4 points per gw to allow shifting out any players likely to drop in price, build up the monies until the jan wildcard and hopefully have enough to get better players enough to edge out my rivals. Worked out for me last season, time will tell if it'll work again, tougher to guage the rises/falls this time round

I'm at 102 now with .8 in the bank, resale 101.1

I'm keeping with what my strategy from last season - sacrifice up to 4 points per gw to allow shifting out any players likely to drop in price, build up the monies until the jan wildcard and hopefully have enough to get better players enough to edge out my rivals. Worked out for me last season, time will tell if it'll work again, tougher to guage the rises/falls this time round

You won't make much money this season tbh.

I would avoid -4 if i was you.

102.3 team value and 0.3 in the bank.

101.1 resale value after the wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

wonski wrote: »
    You won't make much money this season tbh.

I would avoid -4 if i was you.

Why? Do you set the algorithms? Many years, the pricing structure changes after a number of GWs and often speeds up towards the end of the season.
    As players hit form, you need as much cash at your disposal as possible. Plus, sometimes -4 can be better than playing your original two players.

Advertisement