Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

... Guingamp, the village which plays Europa League :D.

They beat Dinamo Kiev 2-1 yesterday at home. Dinamo was down to 9 players at HT so it's not an ideal result. It's frustrating since had they been more clinical upfront they could have easily scored 4 or 5 goals. They may pay that in the return leg. The "good" news is they kept attacking, stayed calm despite time going against them (they scored the 2 goals in the last 15 min). Also Dinamo lost their best player (Iarmolenko) with the RC and 2 key players (Lens & Sydorchuk) through injury.

They still have a chance which is in itself a huge achievement. Again. En Avant Guingamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

TEAM NEWS @MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero #MCFCB

SUBS NEWS @MCFC: Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Bony #MCFCB

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Where is Toure?

dahat wrote: »
    Where is Toure?

Suspended I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

iroced wrote: »
    Suspended I think...

Ah, that explains it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    TEAM NEWS @MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Milner, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero #MCFCB

SUBS NEWS @MCFC: Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Fernandinho, Lampard, Navas, Bony #MCFCB

Dreadful line up from City. 2 up front, no Fernandinho and Milner in midfield.

Suarez 0-1

Lemlin wrote:

Milner is playing?

Suarez again. City in big trouble.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Their midfield was all over the shop. Busquets had all the space and time he wanted to launch Barça attacks.
    City will never perform against the top european sides if they play like that. They need to press high up the pitch with a compact block to put the opposition under pressure. This evening the space they let between their lines is so huge that barça don't even need to run for the first and second passes :eek:. They let them a hell of a lot too much comfort to play their game.

About their line-up... Is Lampard available? And what about Navas? Also Nasri is useless, he's never making the efforts for the team. He walks and waits for being in a good position to get the ball. Dreadful player. I compared his activity with Silva's one in the first half. It's like chalk and cheese. They're also missing Yaya Touré so much tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kun goal Silva assist

KevIRL wrote: »
    Kun goal Silva assist
    Wonderfully delicate back heel pass from Merlin and a great finish from Kun.

Clichy red (2nd yellow)

Clichy 2nd yellow

Sagna on Silva off

Hart saves Messi pen and Messi misses the rebound with a header to the right.

FT. City-Barça: 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

iroced wrote: »
    Their midfield was all over the shop. Busquets had all the space and time he wanted to launch Barça attacks.
    City will never perform against the top european sides if they play like that. They need to press high up the pitch with a compact block to put the opposition under pressure. This evening the space they let between their lines is so huge that barça don't even need to run for the first and second passes :eek:. They let them a hell of a lot too much comfort to play their game.

About their line-up... Is Lampard available? And what about Navas? Also Nasri is useless, he's never making the efforts for the team. He walks and waits for being in a good position to get the ball. Dreadful player. I compared his activity with Silva's one in the first half. It's like chalk and cheese. They're also missing Yaya Touré so much tonight...
    It's amazing that Pellegrini keeps making the same mistake with the 4 in midfield every time they play a good team at home in the champions league. They still have a chance if they play Toure behind Aguero in the Nou Camp though.

Back to FPL - I'd be tempted to captain Sturridge after watching that match if I had him.

Walcott not starting

Bellerin starts for Arsenal against Monaco:

#Arsenal team to play @AS_Monaco: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Gabriel, Monreal, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott #AFCvMON

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Walcott not starting

I sold him last week I can't see him being a guaranteed starter this season. Probably a decent chance he will start at the weekend now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I sold him last week I can't see him being a guaranteed starter this season. Probably a decent chance he will start at the weekend now though.

I'll keep him this week now but he's gotta go afterwards!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Arsenal cleanie gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll keep him this week now but he's gotta go afterwards!

It's a shame as after aguero he is my favourite ff player.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's a shame as after aguero he is my favourite ff player.

me too but he must not be fully right and prob won't be till next season at this stage .
    we may see him soon this evening the way its going. be nice if he turned the game and made himself a certain starter for the weekend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Never thought I'd get to say this again but:

The Berb is the word.

2-0

Berbagoal 0-2

Giroud misses an absolute sitter!

giroud :D that's why he is so frustrating to own .
    if he does not buck up Walcott or Sanchez cud start up top vs Everton .....

Walcott on Giroud off.

• Advertisement

wow its already happened giroud off
    Walcott on
    Sanchez up front!

Advertisement