Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

True. Overall though. England said she hasn't been doing much speed work when in the year would they begin that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

BobMac104 wrote: »
    True. Overall though. England said she hasn't been doing much speed work when in the year would they begin that?

Most would only be coming into more competition phase speedwork in March/April as the focus is on summer track season for alot of these athletes

When they say havent been doing alot of speedwork however this does not mean that they aren't doing heavy sessions

Great 3000m

ecoli wrote: »
    BobMac104 wrote: »

Most would only be coming into more competition phase speedwork in March/April as the focus is on summer track season for alot of these athletes

When they say havent been doing alot of speedwork however this does not mean that they aren't doing heavy sessions

Ya i can imagine. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Who do you fancy for Taoiseach next time around, Brian Cowen?

You'd be confident they were all clean, yeah???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Itziger wrote: »
    You'd be confident they were all clean, yeah???????????

You said if you were a betting man that you'd bet they were all clean. Me, I'm not a betting man, but the East Europeans didn't have a good rep, particularly in the '80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

Pherekydes wrote: »
    You said if you were a betting man that you'd bet they were all clean. Me, I'm not a betting man, but the East Europeans didn't have a good rep, particularly in the '80s.

:o You're right. Meant the other way around really. Given their reputation and what we know now about drug taking in cycling at the time, I'd say there was ferocious amounts of it in certain areas of athletics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Mad Len on off the ball, newstalk later, not sure what time though.

On now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

A bit of a random one but there will be a feature from the Triathlon Ireland Squads high altitude training camp on RTE 1's Winning Streak this evening. Show starts at 8.10 but the triathlon piece will be about half or 2/3rd the way through!

• Advertisement

Loughnane and Britton on the Ray Darcy show, Today FM right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Indoor Meeting in Germany on Sunday at 4pm on Eurosport.

There was an event on tonight but I only saw it when there was 10 mins left.

G-Money wrote: »

Milrose games on youtube also and Husky Classic (NCAA meet) on flotrack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

ecoli wrote: »
    Milrose games on youtube also and Husky Classic (NCAA meet) on flotrack

http://live.flocasts.org/millrose-live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Dave McCarthy goes in the Wanamaker mile, shown on youtube at 2:49am Irish time.
    http://www.youtube.com/ArmoryTrack

Dan man wrote: »
    Dave McCarthy goes in the Wanamaker mile, shown on youtube at 2:49am Irish time.

The DCU DMR team at 12.40am also

Don't shoot the messenger...

UK Athletics Trials tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm on Channel 4

http://www.uka.org.uk/results/20120211_Sheffield/timetable/index/index.html

schedule of events for the meet

Haha, that made me laugh, poor old Ortis, wonder if he'll be around tomorrow?
    Still, I'd settle for channel 4 coverage of the national championships anyday rather than the non-existent coverage that RTE offers (OB sport highlights aside)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Ciaran OL ran 3:54 for 5th

Rupp got the American record in the 2 mile....

• Advertisement

drquirky wrote: »
    Ciaran OL ran 3:54 for 5th

Rupp got the American record in the 2 mile....

I think I read that Ciaran was 6th. Great time all the same although he doesn't seem to be all that pleased with his race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Haha, that made me laugh, poor old Ortis, wonder if he'll be around tomorrow?
    Still, I'd settle for channel 4 coverage of the national championships anyday rather than the non-existent coverage that RTE offers (OB sport highlights aside)!!

They surely can't have him on again.

Set it to record though so I can fast forward past him and the ads in the event that he does make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

I think I read that Ciaran was 6th. Great time all the same although he doesn't seem to be all that pleased with his race.

From His twitter
    Poor job today, awful positioning and decision making. Left myself too much I do, but a PB and a month to fix things. Thx for support.
    I ran like an idiot, boxed myself etc but sure u learn

Highlights of the Irish Indoors tomorrow (Monday) at 7pm on RTE Two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Link to the race video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nRMZ5cx5gs&list=PLFDB11D1904B2AC0F&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Just a reminder that British Eurosport will be showing Live coverage of the BW Bank indoor meet in Karlsruhe. Coverage is supposed to begin at 4:30pm so lets hope the tennis doesn't overrun.

A stream for this one:

International Hallen Meeting Karlsruhe
    Also here is a link to the Startlists:

Mens
    Womens

Some big names up here

Delay in coverage due to tennis.

Delay in coverage due to tennis.

Thats british Eurosport watching it the last hour on this:

http://www.lshunter.tv/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=81890&tid=242912&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=327

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Highlights of the Indoors from Belfast on RTE 2 at the moment until 8.

Advertisement