Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey guys, a long shot here but....does anyone know where one could watch the US marathon Olympic trials this Saturday? TV or on the web. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Mountain and Distance Running - Race across North Wales
    Sunday 8.30am Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Hey guys, a long shot here but....does anyone know where one could watch the US marathon Olympic trials this Saturday? TV or on the web. Cheers.

Seems as though they won't be streamed live online or shown live on T.V. either (bizarre I think). Best you can hope for is live audio coverage or the N.B.C. delayed coverage show. Here is a link for the audio feed, probably not what you're after but anyway here it is:

http://www.flotrack.org/article/9838-Houston-2012-Olympic-Marathon-Trials-LIVE-Streaming-Video-Internet-Web-Link-Info

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/240321-USA-Olympic-Marathon-Trials-Houston-2012/live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

For those who missed it the other night, Eamon Coghlan Man on a Mission is repeated again tomorrow night (Friday) at 8pm on Setanta Ireland. It's FreeView again it seems so as long as Setanta Ireland appears on your list of channels, you should be able to watch it, even if you haven't subscribed to Setanta.

Dan man wrote: »
    Seems as though they won't be streamed live online or shown live on T.V. either (bizarre I think). Best you can hope for is live audio coverage or the N.B.C. delayed coverage show. Here is a link for the audio feed, probably not what you're after but anyway here it is:

http://www.flotrack.org/article/9838-Houston-2012-Olympic-Marathon-Trials-LIVE-Streaming-Video-Internet-Web-Link-Info

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/240321-USA-Olympic-Marathon-Trials-Houston-2012/live

Thanks Dan. It's a pity,mould be interesting to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Gladys Ganiel and Ava Hutchinson are down to run the Houston Marathon aswell on the 14th, am I right in thinking the Houston marathon and trials are seperate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Woddle wrote: »
    Gladys Ganiel and Ava Hutchinson are down to run the Houston Marathon aswell on the 14th, am I right in thinking the Houston marathon and trials are seperate?

Yes Trials are a separate race for people who have the standard I think its the day before the International marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

1. Meb Keflezghi, 2. Ryan Hall, 3. Abdi Abarahman in the US Oly trials.

Ritzenheim only 10 or so seconds back in 4th.

It was won in 2:09... almost a pedestrian time these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

wgtomblin wrote: »
    1. Meb Keflezghi, 2. Ryan Hall, 3. Abdi Abarahman in the US Oly trials.

Ritzenheim only 10 or so seconds back in 4th.

It was won in 2:09... almost a pedestrian time these days!

Fagan's training partner ran very well!

• Advertisement

Eurosport covering the PSD Bank meeting in Dusseldorf on Feb 10th

Some top quality athletes in this one including Gebremedhin Mekonnen (4th in WC) and Isiah Koech (also 4th in WC)

Stream for New Balance games from the Armoury (USA):

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?video_id=57486-Live-Broadcast-Starts-12-55-PM-Eastern-on-Saturday-New-Balance-Games-2012

Includes the likes of Andy Baddeely and our own Steph Reilly

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

Any where showing the IAAF cross country fixture in Antrim TODAY.?
    Checked bbc and the red button and cant see it listed there, unless i missed it..

is the date of the fixture changed...
    I thought this was going to be shown on T.V.??

marchino wrote: »
    Any where showing the IAAF cross country fixture in Antrim TODAY.?
    Checked bbc and the red button and cant see it listed there, unless i missed it..

is the date of the fixture changed...
    I thought this was going to be shown on T.V.??

Its on setanta but not live:

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=22851

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's funny how BBCNI show local sport when there's international athletics on the BBC proper, but now there's international athletics local...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I hear Stormont is on Setanta tommorow night @ 6pm and repeat on Tue @ 4.30

Nice to see FB win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I hear Stormont is on Setanta tommorow night @ 6pm and repeat on Tue @ 4.30

Nice to see FB win again.

Dont see it on the listings ?

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Came across this post on Running Man

Paul Kimmage and Ian o Riordan battle over the Fagan situation on Setanta free view at 9:35pm tonight. Also features David Matthews Irish 800m Record Holder

Guys here is a must see,

"Man On A Mission" - on Setanta (plenty of re-runs) or eircom hub if eircom is your internet provider. Eamon Coughlan in Kenya, it is excellent and has a real cool running theme tune :)

Also tonight at 11:00 The Great Ethiopian Run on Setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mumontherun

Just wondering is there much athletics coverage on Setanta Sports & Setanta Ireland? I usually Sky + all programs as I don't get a chance to watch much "live" and the BBC red button is therefore not much use to me! Is it worth the €17 a month ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Just wondering is there much athletics coverage on Setanta Sports & Setanta Ireland? I usually Sky + all programs as I don't get a chance to watch much "live" and the BBC red button is therefore not much use to me! Is it worth the €17 a month ?

The Great Run series highlights were on about 15 times a day over xmas but apart from that it's pretty bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Dindane

It's on Setanta Ireland at these times....
    Mon 30 Jan - 6pm
    Wed 8 Feb - 4:30pm
    Tues 14 Feb - 1:30am (Mon night)

And also on Premier Sports (on Sky only in the UK and Norn Iron)...
    20:00 - 01/02/12
    21:30 - 02/02/12
    22:00 - 04/02/12
    19:00 - 07/02/12
    21:30 - 08/02/12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Live Indoor Athletics from Glasgow on Saturday, BBC One, 1.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

not exactly tv...but there is an absolute shed load of archive athletics coverage here

http://www.4shared.com/folder/EAxWueed/tribute2alan1981.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

G-Money wrote: »
    Live Indoor Athletics from Glasgow on Saturday, BBC One, 1.30pm.
    FIVE TO WATCH IN GLASGOW

HANNAH ENGLAND

Britain’s world 1,500m silver medallist enjoyed a spectacular rise last year and hopes to get 2012 off to a flying start. “The silver medal has given me so much confidence – I really do believe in myself now and I’m ready to push on,” said the 24-year-old, who went from tenth in Europe to second in the world in 2011.

KIM COLLINS

The former 100m world champion from St Kitts & Nevis runs in the 60m, and captains the Commonwealth Select side against the USA, Germany, Russia and home favourites Great Britain & Northern Ireland. “I’ve told the guys they have to win it,” he said. “I want that trophy.”

DANIELLE CARRUTHERS

The USA captain and world silver medallist plans to use today as a first step towards dethroning Australia’s Sally Pearson as the planet’s leading 100m hurdler.

MO FARAH

Great Britain’s world champion over 5,000m trades down to 1,500m with the aim of sharpening his speed. He faces tough competition from 2006 Commonwealth champion Augustine Choge of Kenya.

CLAIRE GIBSON

The Scot makes her GB debut over 800m, having replaced the injured Jenny Meadows. “I would have been running hills on Saturday morning and another run later, so I might well just have caught the event on the television,” she said. “We had tickets, though, and now my parents will be there to watch me.”

• The Aviva International Match is live on BBC 1 from 1.30pm today. All tickets for the event are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Just watched the 1988 Olympic 1500 final won by Roumania's Paula Ivan. Now I know drug taking has been a hot topic here of late and lots of you want to drop it..... but, really, how many think the winner (East Euro) and or the 2nd and 3rd (Soviets) were clean????

If I were a betting man, I'd say all 3.

Itziger wrote: »
    ...how many think the winner (East Euro) and or the 2nd and 3rd (Soviets) were clean????
    If I were a betting man, I'd say all 3.

Who do you fancy for Taoiseach next time around, Brian Cowen?

Woddle wrote: »
    FIVE TO WATCH IN GLASGOW
    HANNAH ENGLAND
    KIM COLLINS
    DANIELLE CARRUTHERS
    MO FARAH
    CLAIRE GIBSON

Jeez, what about Darya Klishina?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Slow womens 1500.

• Advertisement