Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to enter your code. Inhibit is not allowed with quick codes.
    Enter User code screen displays Arm Menu
    Press arrow down screen displayes Inhibit
    Press correct key , screen displays No Inhibits
    Enter zone number screen display inhibit ** (zone number)
    Press correct key screen displays is inhibited

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

hi koolkid
    so if i am setting it at night when we are in i normally do partgaurd that turns alarm on without the pir
    so i need to set it using full code then inhibit the pir and the upstairs window is this correct
    thanks ste

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Correct Inhibit the zone first. You can exit the menu & then use 0 arrow down 7.
    Did you get my PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

hi kool kid
    noted i never set with full code
    arm menu etc
    done it now and it goes through menu as you have here spot on

it allows to inhibit that zone
    should this clear when you turn alarm off so that it normal set

got your om thanks just waiting to download in free user
    thanks for your valuable help

ste

stedeb wrote: »
    it allows to inhibit that zone
    should this clear when you turn alarm off so that it normal set
    Inhibits clear after one arm/disarm cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kbrennan

Am new to boards. Would appreciate advice on Arirech CS 350. Problem is that when arming system it gets as far as "Leave Now" and never progresses further. So if i return home an hour later it still says Leave Now and is still giving high pitched buzz - i.e. it never armed. Any advice welcome please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like a faulty front door sensor/contact.
    A service will sort this

Jnealon wrote: »
    Sounds like a faulty front door sensor/contact.
    A service will sort this
    Yes I would say the front door contact is staying open & exit fault is set to buzzer.
    Close all zones & press arrow down twice.
    Tell me what displays.

It says "All Zones Closed"

Thanks Koolkid

kbrennan wrote: »
    It says "All Zones Closed"

Thanks Koolkid
    Probably intermittent. Try if a few times after opening and closing the door. Also try part set and quick set.

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    Probably intermittent. Try if a few times after opening and closing the door. Also try part set and quick set.

Tried a few times - still All Closed. Quick set works OK. Part set gets stuck at the leave now stage and the buzzer just like the full set.

Strange if everyzone is staying closed. Hard to diagnose further without looking at it.
    Are you sure you are not getting quick set & part set mixed up?

Strange if everyzone is staying closed. Hard to diagnose further without looking at it.
    Are you sure you are not getting quick set & part set mixed up?

0 down arrow 5 works. 0 down arrow 7 does not

And arrow down twice never shows anything open?
    Without looking at this panel directly its hard to advise further.
    0 arrow down 5 should be the same as 0 arrow down 4 (full set)
    However. can you check one more thing? Set the system, 0 arrow down 5, when armed open the front door. The entry time should start. Let the timer run down & see if the bells activate.

And arrow down twice never shows anything open?
    Without looking at this panel directly its hard to advise further.
    0 arrow down 5 should be the same as 0 arrow down 4 (full set)
    However. can you check one more thing? Set the system, 0 arrow down 5, when armed open the front door. The entry time should start. Let the timer run down & see if the bells activate.

Have tried that and bells do activate. Thanks for your advice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have tried that and bells do activate. Thanks for your advice anyway.

Have you tried powering down the panel and powering it back up ?

altor wrote: »

Have not tried that - how do you do that?

Have not tried that - how do I do that?

At the risk of electrocuting yourself you should get sombody out to service your alarm

Have not tried that - how do I do that?

To power down the panel, turn off the mains, open the lid on the panel, disconnect the battery. Wait 15 seconds, connect the battery, put on lid, turn back on the mains. Always be careful when using electricity. You will know the panels electricity is gone as the power light on the keypad should flash after you turn off the mains but as i said be careful.

• Advertisement

To power down the panel, turn off the mains, open the lid on the panel, disconnect the battery. Wait 15 seconds, connect the battery, put on lid, turn back on the mains. Always be careful when using electricity. You will know the panels electricity is gone as the power light on the keypad should flash after you turn off the mains but as i said be careful.

Thank you very much Altor - that fixed it.

Thank you very much Altor - that fixed it.

Your welcome kbrennan, glad to see it worked for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dmbreen

Can anyone help me, we have a Aritech cs350 and the alarm has been going off over the past couple of days while it hasn't been set and has displayed the message 'bell tamper'. The system was installed in the house when we moved in and we have no manual for it, it is probably about 12 years old. Can anyone give us some advice on what we can do to fix this or will it be necessary for us to get someone in (we aren't very technical!). Thanks

dmbreen wrote: »
    Can anyone help me, we have a Aritech cs350 and the alarm has been going off over the past couple of days while it hasn't been set and has displayed the message 'bell tamper'. The system was installed in the house when we moved in and we have no manual for it, it is probably about 12 years old. Can anyone give us some advice on what we can do to fix this or will it be necessary for us to get someone in (we aren't very technical!). Thanks

Hi dmbreen,

You will have to get it checked by an alarm company, it could be one of 3 things wrong. The external bell has come loose off the wall, a cable going from the panel to the bell has come loose or the external bell itself has gone faulty.
    Does a fault light stay on on the alarm keypad ? If not i would think its the external bell gone faulty.

Get someone out to service the alarm.
    Thats the best advice I can give under the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

Hi All,
    advice above has been a great help. I am having problems with a zone constantly being activated during the summer but not during the winter ( the heat from the sun is causing the windows to expand and contract, hence activating the alarm ). Sounds strange but from what i've been told this does appear to be the problem.
    Anyway, i see above that once you inhibit a zone and then arm/disarm the alarm the zone becomes uninhibited.
    My question is is there any way to permanently inhibit the zone so i don't have to inhibit it every time i set the alarm.
    cheers

If you don't have engineer access the only was is to open the panel & close off the zone using the required resistor. If its an Aritech system the resistor value will be 4k7 (4700 ohms)
    You should find the resistor in the last device on the zone.
    However would you not be better sourcing the problem insted of ignoring it.
    If you have a multi meter procede as follows.

-Remove the resistor from the lkast device on the zone & reconnect the wires to the contact or sensor.
    -Remove the connections from the zone & connect to the 2 leads on your meter.
    -Set your meter to 200 ohms & make a note of the reading.
    -Go along the zone & tap each sensor & open & close each contact one by one.
    -After each one check if the reading has changed. If it does not return to in or around the same value remove that device, join the cables through & continue.
    -After this you should have a circut with a lower resistence value that remains the same after you activate & close any device.
    -Replace any faulty devices ,replace the EOL resistor & rewire tyhe zone at the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

thanks koolkid,
    I do have engineer access. i was able to inhibit the zone yesterday and it worked but when i tried to do it again the zone was not inhibited ( as you already said, you have to inhibit the zone every time you set the alarm ). But i am just wondering if i can inhibit the zone permanently using the panel and set the alarm as normal. If i can't i will just disconnect from the board for now and source the problem at a later stage. Your info in relation to sourcing the problem will be very useful. Thanks.
    Cheers

In engineer Select Zones / Zone type
    / Select the zone and change type to Unused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In engineer Dorothy Zones / Zone type
    / Select the zone and change type to Unused.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement