Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dell Inspiron sound problem

• 22-10-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Went to watch an avi file last night and no sound coming from speakers.
    Stuck headphones in and they are dodgy i.e. have to jiggle it to get
    sound in both ears. I've checked the soundcard in device manager and it
    seems ok. Not sure what else to do. Any ideas?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

first thing i'd so is a system restore back a couple of days maybe some little setting has been changed etc.

you'll find it in Start>all programs>accesories-system tools>system restore, give it a go you won't loae any files or anything so don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sounds more like a hardware issue than software drivers, whats the model number of the laptop? Strange they would just stop working altogether though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Funny alright. The missus was watching something on saturday and left the headphones in and I thought maybe she had put it down and somehow damaged the headphone port but that wouldn't explain the loss of sound from the main speakers, would it?

Advertisement