Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookeen

• 28-10-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, would anybody know where I could get Cookeen? It's cooking fat made with vegetable oil only. I can't seem to find it anywhere, only Frytex which is made up of vegetable oil and animal oil. Or are there any other alternative vegetable shortening products? I've heard about another brand online but it's got wheat in it for some bizarre reason and need to avoid that. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Supervalu has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 meljackson

Crisco is a vegetable shortening and doesn't contain wheat. I bought some in Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

There’s a few bottles left in 1986. That’s the last place I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭phormium

Trex maybe? Not that easily got either in supermarkets but cake making supply shops often sell it as used in making sugar flowers and various cakey things! It's a solid white vegetable very similar to the old white Flora box that disappeared years ago.

Don't know where you are but Cakers World in Dublin usually have it, very easily got up north in supermarkets, I have a stash in my freezer that I replenish whenever I am up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭standardg60

Jaysus, 'give em a lift, give em a lift'..

I thought that stuff was just branded lard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I hope they've found it at this stage, they've had over 7 years to be looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭phormium

lol, only checked the date on last few posts, that'll teach me!

Advertisement