Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you keep your bike overnight?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭what to do?

Red Hornet wrote: »
    Keep my bike in a barna shed ( I know it's only a wooden shed) but as an added surprise the lock is hooked up to a quick blast 240volt mains deterant. It emits 3.5 seconds of mains power every 2 seconds direct to any scumbag that tries to open d shed without unplugin it first.

i like it.:D

i remember reading (probably in MCN) a few years back about some dude who had his bike locked etc and in addition, he had a trip wire running around the bike that was linked up to a macine that fired blank shot-gun cartridges. the machine was dug into the ground and was only a few feet away - i reckon it'd definatley be enough to make you think twice about going back again!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭what to do?

I know it's been particularly bad these last weeks, but just wonderin what the consequences of this situation are gonna be in terms of corrosion, etc?

Cheers!

i'm after ordering this stuff http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm from here http://www.nippynormans.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

around the side of the house... in one of those outdoor bike bubbles.

I've never locked it down, and with the battery currently dead there isn't even a working alarm on it. :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

jimbling wrote: »
    I've never locked it down, and with the battery currently dead there isn't even a working alarm on it. :-o
    Get that sorted ASAP! You're making it easy for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Heath Bald Tonsillectomy

Don't have a bike at the moment, but when I did, I used to lock in at the top of our driveway underneath my parents bedroom window, and I had a ground anchor cemented into the ground to lock it to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have mine in my garage. The battery and exhaust is removed and has an Abus alarmed disk lock.

Unlikely its going anywhere as its 350 kilos and can't be moved without a lift :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Heath Bald Tonsillectomy

KTRIC wrote: »
    I have mine in my garage. The battery and exhaust is removed and has an Abus alarmed disk lock.

Have you had any problems with that alarm disk lock? I went through 3 or 4 of them in a couple of months because the rain kept damaging them so ended up just getting a refund on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Bryn wrote: »
    Have you had any problems with that alarm disk lock? I went through 3 or 4 of them in a couple of months because the rain kept damaging them so ended up just getting a refund on it!

It hasn't be out in the rain yet, Its usually covered if its outside anyway, so I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

Zascar wrote: »
    Underground Car Park. I just moved house a few weeks ago to a new apartment block. I refused to look at any place that did not have covered secure parking for my bike. I don't want it out in the elements - its a Ducati it would not like it. Plus I cannot be bothered with covers and locks etc. I now have it in a secure gated underground carpark - perfect!

id lock it if i were you.
    one bike i had was locked to a secure bike stand cemented to the ground, in a locked room to which i was the only key holder, this room was in an underground carpark which was secured by a locked gate, to which on the outside was a security box with person for added measure,
    my bike still got Nicked.
    when i found out it was not a fun day.

currently i have my bike locked in my front garden to a homemade ground anchor which is anchored to the front wall of my house, cost me nothing to make and is very secure, if they are taking my bike they will be taking my front room with it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement