Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT TakeOver: R Evolution

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

That ending was done so well that I had saw a spoiler on my FB news feed earlier in the day and was thinking I was going mad because I still didn't see it coming when I watched it later on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'm Finn Balor

and i'm comin to getcha

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Surely if he's supposed to be using it going forward, and most of it is taped at the one time, he's gonna be wearing the same body paint for like 4/5 weeks in a row?

That just weakens the appeal of it. Unless they want him to do a Goldust on it and just stick to one painted style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Because Steen has turned on Sami about 1443983 times in professional wrestling :pac:

So when they said goodnight and the copyright symbol came up in the corner you still thought he was turning on Zayn??? stahp.

It was beautifully done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show overall. Crowd was great as well.

Only complaint I have about it is there was a lot of dead air from commentary

Now to go back and play "Who's that wrestler?" for Sami's celebration.

Oh and why would Tyler Breeze come out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rjd2 wrote: »

And here's the back story;

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2p3aak/this_sounds_pretty_crazy_but_i_think_it_would_be/

That is actually incredibly awesome.

Also, I like how WWEArchivist looks like Generico if he was working 9-5.

Which one was Kendrick? didn't recognise him.

Was Crowe the one with the pointy hair and beard? Thought he would be taller from the pictures. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont post much in this forum these days but only for NXT I wouldnt be watching wrestling

Its a brilliant wrestling show. I absolutely adore it.

I had a few tears so see my man Sami Zayn hold up the title.
    Balor tonight was unreal too.

Its wrestling show how it should be

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont post much in this forum these days but only for NXT I wouldnt be watching wrestling

Its a brilliant wrestling show. I absolutely adore it.

I had a few tears so see my man Sami Zayn hold up the title.
    Balor tonight was unreal too.

Its wrestling show how it should be

Thought you said the pro wrestling forum was the worst on boards a while back?

• Advertisement

Was it me or did the cheers for Reigns sound very fake?

And while watching the Vaudevillains, I was thinking they should get a stuntman for at least one match. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thought you said the pro wrestling forum was the worst on boards a while back?

Thanks for bringing that up. Not sure why you felt like posting that for unknown reason, fair play.

im out

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Don't think repetitive paint on Balór will be an issue, plus he has matching Merch to sell so...

Headshot wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing that up. Not sure why you felt like posting that for unknown reason, fair play.

im out

Didnt understand the hate for such a good forum.

See ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Loved it from start to finish. Owen's debut was so explosive and he was already so over that a star was created on his first night. The awesome Balor entrance in a WWE setting gave me goosebumps. Good tag match too. I've really enjoyed the build to Corbin vs Bull. Enjoyable tag title match, excellent diva match and finally a fantastic main event. Wonderful story telling, well paced, cracking finish. Loved Zayne's title celebration, titles mean something and ccelebratios like that emphasize the point. Owen's turn was killer, I was totally taken aback, I can't remember the last wrestling show I enjoyed so much from start to finish. A white hot crowd coupled with a card where every match meant something, every match had been built up well, we know the characters and their motivations and in the ring the product is excellent. Always nice to be reminded why I love pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

This is actually the first NXT PPV I watched fully and I gotta say it was amazing. I was so invested in Sami by the end if it....was delighted he won. Great storytelling in that match. Every match was awesome and Devitt looked amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Devitt stole the show, along with Kenta. I really enjoyed that match more than the rest of them. I would have liked it if Adrian Neville retained and Sami Zayn turned into a complete psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Absolutely awesome, and no doubt will be miles better than TLC(&S). Zayn and Neville are stars, unbelievable match. Loved seeing Owens in a WWE ring, you could see what it meant to him too.

Balors entrance was unbelievable. Really really good event, every match really was awesome

I found the Tag Team Championship match to be a little underwhelming, truth be told. I would have assumed that The Vaudevillains would take the gold on the night as well. It was weird. Finn Balor was unreal when he got into the ring as well, whatever about his entrance like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

An absolute emotional roller coaster. I had the main event spoiled on me but still the will he/wont he spot with the belt as a weapon had me shouting at Sami. Then thought Steen and Generico embracing at the end was huge, popped so much for that. Genuinely shocked like I haven't been in years at the turn, I mean that. Especially after the crowd pleasing win on his debut and Neville hugging Zayn for the feel good redemption.

Owens looked savage.

Interested to see what they do with Baron Corbin

Balor is unreal. Such a star as people here have said. Hideo really is playing catch up but that pop for the GTS was Zamboni level stuff.

The commentators calling matches and moves is so so refreshing and adds tonnes to the product, it really does. Charlotte vs Sasha was fantastic viewing, I really like Ms Flair. Glad there was no outside involvement too.

Enzo and Big Cass are also stars in the making.

The future certainly is now. Great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That women's match is one of the greatest I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Haven't watched wrestling since 2009ish, fell completely out of love with it and the direction WWE was going. I'd flick on Raw the odd time if it was on the tv and almost always I'd have to turn it off, it wasn't anything like the show I loved growing up. My Twitter timeline was full of people praising this event and when I saw it would be on Sky tonight I figured I'd see what the hype was about.

Wow! I can't remember the last time I was able to sit through a full wrestling show from start to finish this was something else. No bull****, no overproduced crap, just high quality wrestling. Even back in the day when I was a huge fan I never paid much heed to divas matches but Charlotte and Sasha put on the best women's wrestling match I've ever seen.

Finn Balor/Hideo vs The Ascension was great, the crowd were almost ready to explode by the time Finn finally got in the ring, the whole match was perfectly timed, and I don't think I need to say anything about that entrance!

I didn't think it could get better than that but the main event reminded me why I used to love wrestling in the first place, from the minute the bell rang I was locked into the story and didn't take my eyes off it. I didn't know who either of this guys were but by the end I felt like I did. Outstanding.

NXT has a new fan and if it's always on this level I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hadn't watched more than 30 minutes of NXT at a time but watched this through. Very impressed. The show benefits immensely from not constantly having to sell something. Having commentators that actually sold the match and the feud instead of 10 minutes of ****e talk about the network, the app, and literally everything Jerry the King Lawler says ever, certainly helped too.

Balor and Zayn immediately stood out as the 2 that would translate best on to the main roster, but I get the impression that with Zayn in particular you'd have to go full-on push with him from the start, just the way his character is and how it relates with the fans. Balor is just a star waiting to happen. His main debut will be immense so I hope it doesn't happen at the Rumble. It should have a bigger impact than that.

Outside of those 2 matches, I certainly didn't think the talent was up there with what's already there (apart from the divas match which has literally nothing to compete with) but the matches were still better than your average Raw match because they're not forced to perform to some stupid template.

Would watch again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone no if they are repeating R-evolution on SS before thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

They've had the last few specials on demand. It's not up as yet but keep an eye out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pure and simple, that nXt special reminded me why I love wrestling! Great show from end to end!

Did anyone else notice the sign at TLC last night that read "CLE wants NXT" A reference to touring?

Advertisement