Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loop to include Mt Leinster mast

• 25-07-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Starting in Blessington/Hollywood or Baltinglass has anyone a spin/gpx file to get to Mount Leinster right to the top near the mast from Bunclody area back to starting point?? never being before looking at doing it tomorrow dont know what road to take to find the mast....
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The most direct route from Bunclody starts across from SuperValu.

The mast is a private road so you only pass the entrance on the main road then turn up passed the gate and keep going up the climbing starts straight away so you might want to take a bit of a break before hand.

Google maps will show you the route. That'll be a tough spin from blessington. Fair play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Coming at Bunclody from Dublin from the Carnew direction, I usually follow this road up Mt Leinster. http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI Haven't been up to the mast as yet, I tend to keep going on to the nine stones / Tom Duff where I've some family. Coming from Baltinglass you'll probably go via Tullow, and could take the Corabutt gap which would be slightly shorter but is a bit of a mofo of a climb..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

This do ye....?
    http://app.strava.com/activities/162528876
    As ridden by a certain Mr Sherlock recently..............

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I have done the mast and I agree GOOD LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Sound gents,
    Twas the RS fella saying it was tough drew my attention to it...
    I won't be near any of his times or anyone else but like to give it a go..

I will throw it up the results when I have it done for a laugh at my expense..may not be tomorrow though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Best of luck, and enjoy the descent back to Bunclody. Pure magic.

Advertisement