Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

DHL replied again... this is going to take a long time...
    Thank you for sending the required Proof of Purchase (POP) for your shipment.This POP will be submitted to Customs on the next working day, customs will review this POP, if it is acceptable they will calculate the Customs Duty and Vat applicable to your shipment and issue the Clearance notice. This process will take a minimum of three working days and normally is cleared between 3-5 working days. We advise that you check the status of your shipment on www.dhl.ie <http://www.dhl.ie/> where you can sign up for proactive email or text alerts on the status of your shipment.

It didn't post at all on my screen, then it posts twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god damn that is a pain in the ass

mine shipped with dhl too but im sure i saw people earlier in the thread not having this long of a wait to get their monitor. probably just incredibly bad luck on your part.
    3 working days, ****ing ridiculous.

what did you have to send them, paypal screenshot?

god damn that is a pain in the ass

mine shipped with dhl too but im sure i saw people earlier in the thread not having this long of a wait to get their monitor. probably just incredibly bad luck on your part.
    3 working days, ****ing ridiculous.

what did you have to send them, paypal screenshot?

I just forwarded them the paypal receipt from my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

When I ordered my catleap it was delivered in 3 days from korea. It was only in customs for around 6hours til it was cleared and they charged me 34euro in charges.

I didn't think you needed to send proof of purchase.. customs suck!

was yours shipped with fedex, ems or dhl?

im hoping against hope mine comes on friday but im guessing itll most likley land in Ireland over the weekend and depending on customs, early next week to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That really sucks /\/ollog :(

I ordered a Potalion 2710QW from bigclothcraftlast Wednesday. I told him to declare it as a 100 USD gift. It shipped on Monday and I got a message from DHL this morning to let me know I owed €18.56 customs. (mine also landed in Shannon) 100 USD is about €80 and 23% VAT on that is €18.40. So it looks like I got lucky with customs.

The currier didn't have time to call to me today but I should get it first thing in the morning.

I'm usually pretty lucky.
    I don't mind paying any charges, but it's been in Shannon for longer than it took to get from Korea to Ireland.

tuxy wrote: »
    That really sucks /\/ollog :(

I ordered a Potalion 2710QW from bigclothcraftlast Wednesday. I told him to declare it as a 100 USD gift. It shipped on Monday and I got a message from DHL this morning to let me know I owed €18.56 customs. (mine also landed in Shannon) 100 USD is about €80 and 23% VAT on that is €18.40. So it looks like I got lucky with customs.

The currier didn't have time to call to me today but I should get it first thing in the morning.

sweet jesus, if yours shipped on monday and was available today... maybe mien will come on friday

**** that stag party, i'm staying in and waiting for a monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

So guys,
    If I ordered a standard Catleap Q270 (not the overclock 2b version)

I know it won't do 120hz, but what is the max refresh rate I can expect?

Or are the non-2b panels locked down to 60Hz?

They all clock up to 67hz as far as I know. Probably not worth doing for such a small gain.

• Advertisement

Clearance processing complete at SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 20:10

wooo~
    Should have it either tomorrow or Friday then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Clearance processing complete at SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 20:10

wooo~
    Should have it either tomorrow or Friday then.

I had mine the next morning, 9.15am. Pretty nifty :)

I don't understand why customs are so clueless on the value of these monitors. A quick google would tell them. :confused:

I don't understand why customs are so clueless on the value of these monitors. A quick google would tell them. :confused:

I suppose with all bureaucrats it's about having a print-out of a declaration of what you paid so they have their records covered.

would it though?

for the same monitor you can get 3-4 prices withint 20-30 dollars of each other and even one or two that are a hundred or more dollars cheaper, because shipping isn't free

without directive from the top I doubt they feel safe making that call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Lads be carefull of what ye say here on boards about customs and stuff like that... there not stupid....

A teeny bit OT, but I'm after running a few games to see how much memory they take up, to see if an extra 1GB would actually make a difference. All tests run at 1440p with my sigged 6850. Poor thing :(

Tribes - 775MB
    Minecraft (no mods) - 371MB
    Heaven (EVERYTHING maxed) - 1000MB (shot up, never rose though :confused:)
    Skyrim - 982MB

I'll do a few tomorrow, thought the results would be higher.

try installing some of the hi res texture mods for skyrim

read a few reviews during the week that said 2gb cards wouldnt struggle at all at that res, but several of them mentioned skyrim in particular with hi res texture mods as a potential trouble maker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

BF3... 3.9gb spikes lol.

and Max Payne is pretty crazy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

was yours shipped with fedex, ems or dhl?

im hoping against hope mine comes on friday but im guessing itll most likley land in Ireland over the weekend and depending on customs, early next week to me

It was delivered by dhl. Once it clears customs you'll get it the next working day usually.

• Advertisement

topsync luxury?
    damn that sounds way better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

topsync luxury?
    damn that sounds way better
    they look good but I'd rather stick to the 'known' brands for reliability sake.

It arrived about 20 minutes ago.

The internet said a 5770 would work, the internet was wrong.

It's not working? Try a different DVI cable, and switch the ports on your 5770.

awwww ****

what model 5770 do you have? have a quick google to make sure it has dual link dvi
    seen a few people saying the cables that come with the monitors aren't the best either so could be that

you got any friends local with pc's you could use to test the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

The internet does say it will work, how can you doubt the internet!!
    From the AMD website,
    Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP
    Max resolution: 2560x1600

Are you sure your using a Dual Link DVI cable?
    Image of the difference between Dual and Single link

I don't actually know what the difference between DVI-I and DVI-D is or if you need to use one of them with the Catleap, sorry :(

Oh yay, I tried the DVI cable that came with it and that one works.
    The only difference is it's an inch shorter and not gold plated.

Christ it's huge.

Oh yay, I tried the DVI cable that came with it and that one works.
    The only difference is it's an inch shorter and not gold plated.

Christ it's huge.

awesome :)

• Advertisement

differences.jpg
    Like seriously, what's the difference?

Advertisement