Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How To Study?

• 20-02-2011 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I'm a first year law student. It's been over a decade since I last studied or sat an exam of any kind, and I was learning by rote then.

I'm doing the required reading, reviewing my notes after class, etc. But I feel like I'm all over the place. How should I study? It seems like a silly question, and perhaps it is, but I'm in desperate need of some sort of structure or plan of attack.

I realise this is a question better suited to the education section. However, I thought it might be useful to hear from people who have studied the same subjects.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Em, wrong section, despite the subject being about studying law.

And its not a silly question, most people dont know how to study properly...including me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm also a mature law study.
    My own way, which might/might not be of relevance is to check on the previous exam past papers: this concentrates the mind on what are the relevant subjects and how best to use the ILAC (Issue, law, application, conclusion) method to answer them

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

In the FE1 thread there are some good techniques, just use the search function or you'll be there all day :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62466590&postcount=1646

Advertisement