Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rerolling on Twisting Nether EU (Horde)

• 26-06-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭

After playing Wildstar and deciding not to pick up a sub I'm coming back to WoW.

I'm going to play on Twisting Nether EU, Horde with the goal of getting myself to 80 and doing the 'Herald of the Titans' achievement in Ulduar, then on to 90 to prepare for the next expanion.

Anyone interested in tagging along?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

according to realm pop, Twisting Nether has a huge faction imbalance.

11k / 141k. Would you really want to play there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm following a friend already on the realm, that's why I chose it. I'd rather 50/50 but you know how it is these days. Its either stacked one way or the other it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Some realms are closer than others though , 11k to 141 lol.

Let me thinks about it the title / feat of str seems like something cool to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Twisting nether is where i used to play, Horde was always the strong side on that realm , tempted to log into this game again to try it after 2 years i was horde on there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i used to main this realm. the current rank 1 raiding guild in the world are on that server (Method) and the Q times will sicken you. dont go to twisting nether. Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Funnily enough I bought a 60 day time card for 20 euro online and I've resubbed. I've a load of characters on Scarshield Legion (RPPVP) but the population is now low so I went for Outland PVP which has a huge alliance population (I'd prefer Horde) but I wanted a warlock and chose Worgen.

RAFed a friend last night. Going to power up some toons over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just out of curiosity, why that Realm?

Friend already playing there with a few 90s so figured I'd join him

Update!

I'm currently level 40-odd as a Holy Paladin. Enjoying the game using RAF with a friend to save ourselves money on server transfers!

Planning on rolling a Resotration Shaman alt tonight so I can level away while my RAF friend is offline. Happy to be plodding along nicely now. Looking foward to doing Herald of the Titans and the old tier raid content for the sake of it.

As always, anyone is welcome to join the party. EU-Twisting Nether, Horde.

• Advertisement

Rejoined on my 7 day pass which is up this evening. Hit 60 last night playing a huntard on Magtheridon realm. Best ratio I could find.
    the 1-60 grind was actually fun for some strange reason. I usually hated it. Just flew through the quests and when I had a complete list of new Instances available I'd queue. Instance queue time was never more than 5 min even as DPS which was quite nice.

I'll probably sub a month and see how it continues but I'm into the really annoying grind now. I effing hate 60-80. Outlands is complete ****e to me. Wotlk is slightly better but not by much now that my favorite quests are gone. (UC quest after the gate in Dragonblight or whatever it's called)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I checked, and was eligable for a 10 day free trial cause i've not bought MoP. So activated it last night, and ran around on a new Warlock for a few minutes. Bloody hell it's changed...what happened to the talent trees?

I do enjoy how responsive it is though. Looking forward to getting some affliction spells and dotting everything in sight.

Noxin wrote: »
    Rejoined on my 7 day pass which is up this evening. Hit 60 last night playing a huntard on Magtheridon realm. Best ratio I could find.
    the 1-60 grind was actually fun for some strange reason. I usually hated it. Just flew through the quests and when I had a complete list of new Instances available I'd queue. Instance queue time was never more than 5 min even as DPS which was quite nice.

I'll probably sub a month and see how it continues but I'm into the really annoying grind now. I effing hate 60-80. Outlands is complete ****e to me. Wotlk is slightly better but not by much now that my favorite quests are gone. (UC quest after the gate in Dragonblight or whatever it's called)

What faction are ya playing? Thinking of rolling Alliance on Mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Started a Drenai pally last night. And the gap of fun between the BC starting areas and the revamped starting areas is massive.

BC zones are boring as fcuk. They need to looked at at some stage.

Currently RAFing still on TN. Enjoying it. Playing Priest, Shaman and Paladin at the moment.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What faction are ya playing? Thinking of rolling Alliance on Mag.

Playing Horde mate. I've done both sides at various times over the years. Always found Horde quests more fun.
    Hit 71 last night with 350 jewlcrafting and mining. Look me up if you jump over though. Names Alarch.

I reiterate my post above. Outlands sucks :pac:

One question - Can anyone tell me wtf is going on with protection warriors these days? They are on top of every DPS chart I see. :eek:

Currently RAFing still on TN. Enjoying it. Playing Priest, Shaman and Paladin at the moment.

1-42 last night in /played ofr 3 hrs 41mins. God, RAF is fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have a few Horde chars I was meaning to level up, they are on a different realm. Personally wouldn't go near Twisting Nether that place will explode come new expansion with queues.

Method moved there a while back and so many people followed them and made horde, why I don't know, probably in some mental thoughts they could play with them or something.

Although now that I think of it pretty sure I de-act my account waiting on expansion :(

TN has always being a good raiding server Horde wise but population is very large on it i played there was years mains are still there but im currently playing alliance on silvermoon to try it out

I've noticed the Method fanboys in /2 alright. Strange bunch, but anyway.

Enjoying Troll Priest at the moment. Planning to heal @ 90, but playing Shadow at the moment. My RAF buddy is leveling as Resto Druid so we're getting almost instant dungeon queues anyway.

• Advertisement

Finding it difficult to stick to a class at the moment. I already have a Shaman and Warlock at 90 (on The Maelstrom-EU, Horde) so I've rolled a Priest. Currently 50-something, but Shadow seems so bad at the moment. It may be because I'm levelling, but even still, my DPS is non-existant on the quick dungeon mobs.

Considering taking a Troll Warrior from 1-90 next though. The idea of tanking instead of DPS or Healing is appealing to me. I'm not 100% set on Warrior as a tank though. Part of me is thinking DK, but the other half screams no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Druid is a fun tank and you're more versatile as a hybrid class.

Indeed, but the thought of having to play in bear form to tank doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps if they had better models or something, but I do enjoy showing off my wonderful gear!

I'm thinking Warrior. The more I think, the more I think Warrior.

Majority of tanks I've seen while going 1-75 have been warrior. Only ever seen one drop and that was because he ran off and pulled an entire room without his healer. Even then he lasted for quite some time.
    I'm tempted to do the same after I get my huntard to 90. Either a warrior or DK. I've not decided which yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Finding it difficult to stick to a class at the moment. I already have a Shaman and Warlock at 90 (on The Maelstrom-EU, Horde) so I've rolled a Priest. Currently 50-something, but Shadow seems so bad at the moment. It may be because I'm levelling, but even still, my DPS is non-existant on the quick dungeon mobs.

Considering taking a Troll Warrior from 1-90 next though. The idea of tanking instead of DPS or Healing is appealing to me. I'm not 100% set on Warrior as a tank though. Part of me is thinking DK, but the other half screams no.

From speaking with a mate who's played priest since vanilla he isn't happy with shadow at all the effort he needs to put in compared to folk with similar gear is crazy. Still you know how it is, you should play what you like :) you could go healing with it .

If I was to go tank it would probably be warrior as it's a traditional class, I love the sword and board concept much better than 2h axe or bear ass.

Shadow for me, currently, is SW: Pain, Mind Blast (on cooldown), Mind Flay, Devouring Plague (if I get three orbs) and Mind Spike on proc.

Now, considering SW: Pain, Plague and Flay are all DoTs essentially, and Mind Spike removes your DoTs unless you use it when it procs, I can barely get my rotation off on mobs and bosses.

I agree RE: Sword and Board warriors too, that's what swayed me in the end. I'll be needing the Royal Crest of Lordaeron and the Quickening Blade of the Prince. Have to look my part!

Warrior Tank are a great class to play tbh played one since classic US beta took a break of near 2 years and back playing it again lots has changed though but i am enjoying it still currently level 86 and loving the class again , Having said that i also play a druid tank and tbh it is hard to pick between either i love both of them.

Druid i find it much stronger for leveling then Warrior in bear vs prot tbh but i just love warrior but for raiding druid is strongest as you have the healer aspect they need to introduce armor to bear form though that would be cool.

Also if any of you on TN want to group up Madoxx is the name of my char just add the big cow to ya friends list

I'll add ya tonight pal! PM me your RealID if ya have it handy.

Advertisement