Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anthrax appreciation thread!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Benante has pulled out of the Australian tour for personal reasons. Pulled out last year on one of the tours for the same reason.

Given the split that Dave Lombardo has just made with Slayer and the bitching that looks to be starting between Slayer and him, I wonder if we will see Lombardo coming in to cover for Benante like he did the last time Charlie needed time away.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anthrax tribute to Dimebag Darrell, and the official start to recording for the follow up to Worship Music

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New Anthrax, from the Game of Thrones mixtape album. Iirc this was a song for the new album that was reworked for this project. Very much a worship music vibe from it which is no bad thing imo.

https://youtu.be/9CfM_HxAGnk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New song from the new album due early next year.

https://youtu.be/xPmLkF3e6Fc

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

lord lucan wrote: »
    New song from the new album due early next year.

https://youtu.be/xPmLkF3e6Fc

I'm not feeling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Why was Belladonna takin back I thought he left because he wanted Anthrax to turn into a Bon Jovi. POT was the last album I ever listend to never rated the guy as a vocalist.

Oasis1974 wrote:
    POT was the last album I ever listend to never rated the guy as a vocalist.

In that case, if you haven't already, the John Bush era stuff might suit you?
    I have no interest in the new era Belladonna stuff.

New album titled For All Kings, released Feburary 26th 2016

• Advertisement

Had a listen to the latest Armored Saint album and why the Anthrax riffs come across better, I'm still a bigger fan of John Bush.

Cover art for the For All Kings album

anthraxforallkingscdsmaller.jpg

anthraxforallkingsfinalart_638.jpg

Saw this earlier. Can't stop laughing it's so daft!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Saw them at their own headline show at a small club. Blew the roof off the place. People complain about Anthrax for different reasons (Belladonna v Bush etc.) but the one thing you can't fault them for is their live performance. They were brilliant.

For All Kings Track Listing

01. You Gotta Believe
    02. Monster At the End
    03. For All Kings
    04. Breathing Lightning
    05. Suzerain
    06. Evil Twin
    07. Blood Eagle Wings
    08. Defend/Avenge
    09. All of Them Thieves
    10. This Battle Chose Us
    11. Zero Tolerance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Album has leaked mad early.

Ah Joey don't spend all the hard earned cash on hair dye :rolleyes:

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Nope. Not grabbing me. Maybe i'm just getting older and grumpier!

Not an Anthrax fan anymore but i really like it got a catchy chorus far removed from the Anthrax of old. They even labeled a Thrash metal band know?

• Advertisement

Nope. Not grabbing me. Maybe i'm just getting older and grumpier!

Sounds really generic to me. I miss John Bush to be honest, so am away to check out Armored Saint's newest album.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Have given the new album a few spins not great being honest and I thought Worship was great with just "Judas Priest" being deemed skipable pretty much.

Anyway the new one...Musicianship and Production are solid; but the songs just aren't there for the most part, Joeys vocals in some tracks can be pretty grating ALL OF...ALL OF THEM THIEVES easily springing to mind. Breathing Lightning and the opener Gotta Believe are the strongest tracks, Blood Eagle Wings very decent too.

I notice they are on tour at the moment although part of a bill are only playing Evil Twin in their set but air covers of Got the Time and Antisocial for the one thousandth time baffling.

Yikes, if "Breathing Lightning" is one of the strongest tracks then:

55d77983c56c9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 deeeznuuuts

Couldnt wait to hear for all kings so downloaded the leaked album. Awful, such a step back from worship music.

Couldnt wait to hear for all kings so downloaded the leaked album. Awful, such a step back from worship music.

Have a listen to the latest Armored Saint album. John Bush. :cool:

Just listening to it on Spotify.

Terribly lazy old muck altogether. :(

Lost interest after John Bush left. I'm wondering are the mixed reviews enough to tempt me to go to Slayer/Anthrax gig or not.....

ush wrote: »
    I remember hearing Only when it was released as a single. It was lights years ahead of anything done under the Anthrax banner. The Sound of White Noise, Stomp 442, The Threat Is Real and We've Come for You All were better than anything any of the other Big 4 were doing at the time. He got turfed out for the nostalgia tours they're doing now.

If you listen to the latest WTF Marc Maron podcast with Scott Ian he goes into a bit of detail about this.
    Entertaining podcast but can't help feeling Scott might have been a pain in the ass back in their heyday.

Advertisement