Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water meter - difficulty in reading it.

• 04-10-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping tehre is a simple answer to this.

I've removed the water cover for water meter and the frost plug.

I can only read the m3 numbers in black, the red numbers and the spinning dial that represents litres is hidden by the transponder stuck on the top of the meter.

As I want to check for leaks, is there any way to remove the transponder to get a reading and then reinstall - how does it attach?

Only thing I've noted was a window over part of the meter ot covered by transponder, which can be lifted out of the way. this doesn't expose any more of the reading, however then noted a locking device that can be rotated 180degrees by straight screwdriver to loosen a clasp around circumference of meter, however still cannot get the transponder to budge. I didn't want to force anything in case it broke so didn't do any more.

Any advice on how to get the full reading on meter as can't find any info on this anywhere?

Advertisement