Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Gintonious wrote: »
    From one of the videos, you can see someone tries to take the bottle out of Hayes hand before Chizora gets to him but he keeps holding it, and it is a glass bottle of beer, not a plastic one.

It makes no difference if the tripod is not a weapon, if you hit someone or attempt to hit someone with it, then it is classed as a weapon.

I'll take you word for it if the video states as much, only went by twitter reporters, could tell for sure in the videos I've seen, thought the liquid was clear.

Haye doesn't bottle him though, he goes to punch him as he normally would, though the bottle is if his hands. The way he's holding the bottle would only harm himself really

I'd take throwing a random object at a fella over being double teamed any day. If Chisora was as tough as he claimed he could have took care of business himself, I'd find that more cowardly.

Especially, with his comments about "my entourage against yours" crap. Why are you dragging other people into your ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He was throwing punches, and being held back, once he he was kept away, he picked up the tripod and threw it, he was enraged.

Id hardly class a tripod as a weapon especially along the lines of a knife...

Haye had the plastic bottle (according to twitter) in his hand and Chisora came at him, I'd imagine getting rid of his lemonade was hardly at the top of his agenda at the time.

You even hear Chisora saying in the video to his trainer get behind me... as opposed to telling him to get out of the way. If he really wanted Haye he could have taken him on man to man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrNGUeW2i8&feature=related

at the 4:03 minute mark it's clear Charles is being held back by Booth and another person, then Haye - who is on his own- picks up the tripod to throw it at Charles. He exchanged punches with Charles and was on the backfoot, then shortly after that decides to throw the tripod at him

I never said a tripod was as dangerous as a knife, just that it was cowardly to use the tripod to attack Charles , which you are going out of your way to excuse. Yet you speak as if Chisora was the coward.

Also Haye hit Chisora flush on the jaw, while he had what looked like a beer bottle in his hand, and couldn't knock him out. Even if the twitter reports are accurate, Haye struck first.

In conclusion, while you seem keen to make feeble excuses for Haye, Haye acted disgracefully as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The reporters on twitter say there was a bottle but it was a plastic lemonade bottle, the bottle he held at the doorway was a beer
    It was definitely a glass bottle, you can hear it fall after he landed the punch. And you can see it here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/4139335/Dereck-Chisora-and-David-Haye-brawl-at-Munich-press-conference-as-Adam-Booth-gets-injured.html

Id hardly class a tripod as a weapon especially along the lines of a knife...
    Tell that to Haye's manager who has a gash on his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWrNGUeW2i8&feature=related

at the 4:03 minute mark it's clear Charles is being held back by Booth and another person, then Haye - who is on his own- picks up the tripod to throw it at Charles. He exchanged punches with Charles and was on the backfoot, then shortly after that decides to throw the tripod at him

I never said a tripod was as dangerous as a knife, just that it was cowardly to use the tripod to attack Charles , which you are going out of your way to excuse. Yet you speak as if Chisora was the coward.

Also Haye hit Chisora flush on the jaw, while he had what looked like a beer bottle in his hand, and couldn't knock him out. Even if the twitter reports are accurate, Haye struck first.

In conclusion, while you seem keen to make feeble excuses for Haye, Haye acted disgracefully as well

Haye is a tosser, everyone knows that, every post pre-scrap by me about him states as much, but two fellas marched down there to fight him, two on one is cowardly.

Haye had every right to hit first, if a fella claims he's coming down there to kick your ass what are you supposed to do, stand there like an idiot out of some form of honour or chivalry, waiting for the first punch. That's retarded.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was definitely a glass bottle, you can hear it fall after he landed the punch. And you can see it here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/4139335/Dereck-Chisora-and-David-Haye-brawl-at-Munich-press-conference-as-Adam-Booth-gets-injured.html

Tell that to Haye's manager who has a gash on his head.

Adam Booth is full of ****, he was just trying to put the blame/focus on Chisora.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Gintonious wrote: »
    Exactly. Just goes to show that when Chisora actually spat in Wladimirs face Wladimir was much closer to Chisora than Vitali.

Maybe if Vitali's "corner man" wasn't in Chisora's face 20 seconds before the bell sounded he wouldn't have had water on his face.

Chizora being close to Wladamir might have something to do with him waling over to their corner to intimidate him?

It was after the referee gave instructions and Wladimir was a good 2-3 feet closer to Chisora than Vitali.

Chisora was nowhere the Klitschko's corner. It was just the usual Klitschko tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Haye is a tosser, everyone knows that, every post pre-scrap by me about him states as much, but two fellas marched down there to fight him, two on one is cowardly.

Haye had every right to hit first, if a fella claims he's coming down there to kick your ass what are you supposed to do, stand there like an idiot out of some form of honour or chivalry, waiting for the first punch. That's retarded.

It was never two on one at any stage. Haye fought with Charles separately. Charles was being held back by two people, while Haye attacked him with the tripod.
    While Chisora did square up to Haye, the facts are Haye struck first and then used a tripod as a weapon, saying what Chisora might have done is pure speculation.

Adam Booth is full of ****, he was just trying to put the blame/focus on Chisora.

What's that got to do with anything? You said, "Id hardly class a tripod as a weapon especially along the lines of a knife..." and I just proved to you that it is considered a weapon due to the fact that he injured someone with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am amazed that everyone has fallen for this stunt. Haye v Chisora will now be big box office. It was all planned well in advance. It might even explain why Haye was there as a presenter. Chisora could of stayed in his seat. He could of been prevented from reaching Haye.

Meanwhile ringmaster Frank can act sanctimoniously & pretend that it had nothing to do with him :D

By the way if, as said during the build up, Klitscho's hands were taped with no one supervising from Chisora's side wouldn't that be grounds to have the result declared void.

What's that got to do with anything? You said, "Id hardly class a tripod as a weapon especially along the lines of a knife..." and I just proved to you that it is considered a weapon due to the fact that he injured someone with it.

I wasn't the first to mention the knife, I just stated it's hardly a fair comparison... throwing the first thing you can see in anger and actually carrying a weapon are two different things entirely. One is due to Haye being enraged and frustrated, the other is premeditated.

Booth wasn't badly injured, he was just playing it up to deflect the blame away from Haye. Thus him going on to claim he was bottled also.

• Advertisement

I wasn't the first to mention the knife, I just stated it's hardly a fair comparison... throwing the first thing you can see in anger and actually carrying a weapon are two different things entirely. One is due to Haye being enraged and frustrated, the other is premeditated.

Haye wouldn't be stupid enough to properly hit someone whilst holding the neck of a bottle - he could of severely damaged his hand. There will be a long brooding build up to the fight & thousands of tickets will be sold.

It was never two on one at any stage. Haye fought with Charles separately. Charles was being held back by two people, while Haye attacked him with the tripod.
    While Chisora did square up to Haye, the facts are Haye struck first and then used a tripod as a weapon, saying what Chisora might have done is pure speculation.

So if I were to rant and rave about knocking you out, and get up in middle of press conference and then rush down towards you to do so, you'd wait for me to throw the first punch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

In the wise words of Mike Tyson :

"Well, fcuk it. It's a fight. So, whatever happens happens."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Booth got the cut from Haye throwing the tripod, it's clear as day from the video if you watch it.

Haye also used a glass bottle, that's clear too.

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Booth got the cut from Haye throwing the tripod, it's clear as day from the video if you watch it.

Haye also used a glass bottle, that's clear too.

I never said otherwise, I said he claimed to be bottled to detract attention away from Haye. I never said it wasn't Haye that caused it.

Even stupid Sky are starting to talk about how the brawl will end in the ring. The build up begins. Look at Franks body language as he condemns the brawl - watch his eyes.

Discodog wrote: »
    Even stupid Sky are starting to talk about how the brawl will end in the ring. The build up begins. Look at Franks body language as he condemns the brawl - watch his eyes.

Pounds signs for pupils?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

I am amazed that everyone has fallen for this stunt. Haye v Chisora will now be big box office. It was all planned well in advance. It might even explain why Haye was there as a presenter. Chisora could of stayed in his seat. He could of been prevented from reaching Haye.

Meanwhile ringmaster Frank can act sanctimoniously & pretend that it had nothing to do with him :D

By the way if, as said during the build up, Klitscho's hands were taped with no one supervising from Chisora's side wouldn't that be grounds to have the result declared void.

Do you really Chisora being hit flush on the chin and his trainer being hit along with having a tripod thrown at him along with Booth cutting his head was all part of the plan?
    How about Chisora being recorded saying he will shoot Haye or find him and burn him?
    Does Haye saying Chisora lost his last 3 fights not damage the contest?

Haye is a low life and Chisora is total scum (beating his gf and spitting water in Wlad's face shows this)

I honestly think anyone who watches this and thinks it was staged watches too much WWE. What if Chisora had his jaw broken by the punch or the tripod split someones head open, would that just add to the affect of the fight?

And realistically, noone expected Chisora to put up a good fight last night (and a bad performance would have made a fight with Haye worthless). So if it was all planned they would have had next to no time to plan it.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

It seems a very vilolent affair to be planned. If it was planned somebody tore up the script.

Two absolute clowns imo..Both of them as bad as each other. I found it funny that an American journalist tweeted that Wlad was laughing and giving him the thumbs up in the middle of the brawl.

Uncle frank didnt seem to be too bothered by the whole affair. All he sees is £££.

It was incredible there was no security to stop the confrontation in the first place. Considering the bad blood between Chisora and the brothers there was a lways a chance of an incident at this presser.

Well I bet you that neither party will press charges but they might go through a mock civil suit to continue the spice.

No one was seriously hurt. If Haye & Chisora had really gone for it there would of been a proper fight. Chisora was always going to stay the distance but even if he had been KO'd the post fight brawl would ensure a future big pay day for him & Haye.

There is a long history of these "grudge fights". Even the like of Ali, Frazier, Foreman etc later admitted that a lot of the wind ups were staged. The story is still headline news & according to Sky the German police are looking for Haye - that seems hard to believe ;)

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    Do you really Chisora being hit flush on the chin and his trainer being hit along with having a tripod thrown at him along with Booth cutting his head was all part of the plan?
    How about Chisora being recorded saying he will shoot Haye or find him and burn him?

Haye is a low life and Chisora is total scum (beating his gf and spitting water in Wlad's face shows this)

I honestly think anyone who watches this and thinks it was staged watches too much WWE. What if Chisora had his jaw broken by the punch or the tripod split someones head open, would that just add to the affect of the fight?

And realistically, noone expected Chisora to put up a good fight last night (and a bad performance would have made a fight with Haye worthless). So if it was all planned they would have had next to no time to plan it.

I agree...added to that, both Haye and Chisora will both probably be fined by the boxing authorities and a good chance their licences suspended.

This is not the type of hype real boxing fans like to see, in fact this is the sort of thing that gives boxing a bad name and turns people off boxing.

I also blame some of the managers and promotors, particulary some well known British promotors, who were even stoking it up between Chisora and Haye at the press conference. These guys would do anything for money.

Any sign of Haye since by the way, sounds like he has gone to ground and ran from the German police. By the way, he could have taken someone's eye out with that Tripod and nearly did take Booth's eye out. He also could have done serious damage to Chisora.

Frank Warren and Don King are two people I'd rather see less of in boxing. Where-ever either are, trouble usually ensues.

rebelomar wrote: »
    It seems a very vilolent affair to be planned. If it was planned somebody tore up the script.

Two absolute clowns imo..Both of them as bad as each other. I found it funny that an American journalist tweeted that Wlad was laughing and giving him the thumbs up in the middle of the brawl.

Uncle frank didnt seem to be too bothered by the whole affair. All he sees is £££.

It was incredible there was no security to stop the confrontation in the first place. Considering the bad blood between Chisora and the brothers there was a lways a chance of an incident at this presser.

Just because a vulture gains the most from a roadkill doesn't mean that the vulture was driving the car

But even if the grudge match did get in the ring, Haye probably wouldn't have the power, and Chisora the skill to do any reall damage. Haye would do his customary running away for 12 rounds, only throwing one punch a round, like he did against Wlad.

It probably wouldn't even make it to ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Just because a vulture gains the most from a roadkill doesn't mean that the vulture was driving the car

of course, we all know vultures dont drive.

of course, we all know vultures dont drive.

I dunno, there were a few pictured driving away from that fight in expensive luxury cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Was only thinking, Haye doesn't have a license as he retired on the day he was meant to renew it, so he could have some issues if he wanted to fight again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

plasmaguy wrote: »
    But even if the grudge match did get in the ring, Haye probably wouldn't have the power, and Chisora the skill to do any reall damage. Haye would do his customary running away for 12 rounds, only throwing one punch a round, like he did against Wlad.

It probably wouldn't even make it to ppv.

Well Sky don't do PPV anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING HAS BEEN A BIT OF A JOKE NOW FOR SOME YEARS 'AND ITS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

colly10 wrote: »

Agree with all that.

Advertisement