Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

First day was..not too terrible.

Craaaaap timetable though. :( New principal! She's a ****.

We've got the school crest on the floor infront of the main hall anve we've been telling first years that if they step on it they'll get pregnant. They're so scared! :P

I need a day off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Honours German slowly but surely getting the better of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Double maths and double Irish on Fridays. Overall crappy timetable, I dont like some of the rooms I'm in. They're dark and either too hot or too cold...
    The mams being a legend though, bed made for me and a cup of tea and biscuit when I come in :P dunno if that'll change when she's back to work on thursday (she's a teacher) but it sure made the first few days easier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Debs was EPIC. :D:
    Having to go to school the next day not so epic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Anyone wanna give me an idea on how to make a study timetable? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

First day. Depression.
    Thanks to cut-backs we have no more study classes and the two honours English classes have been joined, so there are like 32 people in my English class.

Thanks to cut-backs our music class are joined with the 5th years :( ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Raaaaaaah. Sat downtown start study an hour and a half ago. Literally the second I opened a book my aunt came in, and the kitchen is out of bounds. Seriously, get. The fup. Out.

Thanks to cut-backs our music class are joined with the 5th years :( ugh..

How would that work? :O are they doing what you did last year, next year? Or is your teacher splitting her time between ye? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My timetable is so horrific. I fell asleep after school both today and yesterday despite going to bed earlyish. How the **** am I going to do 5 hours study after the mocks when I keep falling asleep? fml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

When's everyone gonna start studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Meglamonia wrote: »
    When's everyone gonna start studying?

Tomorrow I promise! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

starting tomorrow, gonna put a song that puts me in a grand mood as me alarm :L
    maybe itll distract me, i feel like i'm goin into first year all over again for some reason :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Went in today (first full day), parked bike, locked bike, in the main entrance, up stairs, into corridor. Plonk bag beside locker, walk to notice board, look at timetable for a few minutes, check if timetable corresponds with the one in my journal, return to bag, open bag, take lunchbox out, go to open locker.............FUPP

..........I was in last years corridor, beside last years locker, in front of a few of this years fifth years, who were at that stage crying trying to hold in the giggles.

Nearly died with embarassment!:rolleyes::D

Siobhnk wrote: »
    How would that work? :O are they doing what you did last year, next year? Or is your teacher splitting her time between ye? :/

She has no idea what shes going to do :( Cos there is really no way it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Does anybody here doing construction have any clue what their going to make? as I haven't :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I really need to keep track of notes this year, can't even find half of my ones from last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Namlub wrote: »
    I really need to keep track of notes this year, can't even find half of my ones from last year...

Notes?.........what are they? :o

Namlub wrote: »

I got a folder that divided them all cos if I didn't I know I'd have em lost :rolleyes:

She has no idea what shes going to do :( Cos there is really no way it will work.

Oh right :( hopefully everything will work out okay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

sdiff wrote: »
    I am planning on applying via UCAS but I'm not considering it all that seriously. I've done maths olympiad last year and I'll be doing it again this year but I didn't qualify for the team so I'm not sure if that's of much value. Doing STEP will be difficult too as it's on the same week as the leaving cert so I'll need some arrangmenets if I want to do that. And then there's the whole money issue. But yeah I'd love to do maths in cambridge.
    Edit: and yeah I mean EC stuff and a personal statement. I wish I had done TY now as I could have prepared better for the step, done a maths modelling course in limerick (didn't get in as there were 50 places and they took the older ones first - told me i was first reserve..) and perhaps even got on the irish maths olympiad team. Ah well, there's always post grad.
    Just wondering btw - how well did you do in the maths olympiad and how long have you been doing it? What college are you going to for it?

Cool! I want to do Maths too!! I did the modelling course in Limerick (such an awesome course) and i did the IrMO too!! :L What subjects you doing? What do you think of the new maths course? I still prefer the old one... more logical which i prefer... Anyone do integration yet/? I love it... doing it in class now!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 madigan94

Ugh budget cuts......we put up with going to school in a building site for nearly three years, the only reason we didn't go stark-****ing-bonkers was the thought of that great great learning establishment that awaited us......then BAM!, the building firm goes bust and were not only left without most of the new school, we can't go into half of the old school....Complete and utter disaster....

I've a cold the first day I go back to school. I generally get these around this time and around times that I have exams (including summer exams). Is it possible to be allergic to school? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Cool! I want to do Maths too!! I did the modelling course in Limerick (such an awesome course) and i did the IrMO too!! :L What subjects you doing? What do you think of the new maths course? I still prefer the old one... more logical which i prefer... Anyone do integration yet/? I love it... doing it in class now!! :D
    I'm doing Maths, Applied Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, English, German, Irish. I heard the maths modelling was mostly financial models/wall street stuff? Gutted I didn't get it, that sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

four hours study a night...,itd want to be worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

First day of leaving cert for me and I haven't opened my bag yet, not a good sign!

Just wondering what everyone has got covered in higher level maths? Apparently we are seriously behind but I don't see how we're that far behind! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

M&S* wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyone has got covered in higher level maths? Apparently we are seriously behind but I don't see how we're that far behind! :confused:

Well we have algebra, coordinate geometry of the line and the circle, trig, diffenciation, intergration,the binomial theorem, induction and geometry......and we started probabily and statistics today....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

M&S* wrote: »

Circle, line, algebra and differentiation. Just started trig and we're getting classes before school to catch up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

just be happy you arent repeating im still wrecked from last year.

• Advertisement

Well we have algebra, coordinate geometry of the line and the circle, trig, diffenciation, intergration,the binomial theorem, induction and geometry......and we started probabily and statistics today....;)
    That's just a bit more than my class!
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    Circle, line, algebra and differentiation. Just started trig and we're getting classes before school to catch up :(
    Ouch! :( Did you have a teacher missing at some point?
    jenny18 wrote: »
    just be happy you arent repeating im still wrecked from last year.
    Repeating could always be an option for me, I set my standards way too high! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement