Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Months Free VPN (Post Your Code ONCE and ONCE ONLY!)

• 20-10-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭dnme

I sometimes use BlackVPN as my VPN provider. I signed up for a months UK VPN yesterday and today I got an email from them...
    Each time someone purchases a blackVPN package using your unique referral code (QJCYVFP) they will get 2 months free AND we will extend your account by 2 weeks (for a new EU,UK or USA package) or 1 month (for a new Global package), assuming the new account is not canceled within 14 days.

I hope it's ok to post this. I am not connected with BlackVPN in any way, I just use them as my VPN provider as they are cheap and reliable. If this is against rules, please feel free to delete.

MOD EDIT: Please post codes ONCE and ONLY ONCE..

I will be issuing infractions for anyone who doesn't comply here.

This is now indicated in the OP and thread title, so don't complain you didn't see it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

I've been looking for something like this as I'm in the states and do not have access to BBC I player ect ect.

Just purchased 1 month and got 2 free using your code....

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

google 'tor' and 'mgeni' and get all the online annonymity you need for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭dnme

manster wrote: »
    google 'tor' and 'mgeni' and get all the online annonymity you need for free!

Tor is as slow as dialup most of the time. BlackVPN charge a fiver for a months UK VPN and on my 24Mb broadband, I see no throttling or slowdown whatsoever, I still see a full 2MB download from Rapidshare when using them, I'd like to see that performance over Tor. Also consider the fact that most people use VPN for video and HD video content (iPlayer etc) which relies on decent reliable bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Thats a good service, I have a reseller hosting package with jailed ssh that I can tunnel through for the same money, handy if you're paying for hosting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

dnme wrote: »
    Tor is as slow as dialup most of the time. BlackVPN charge a fiver for a months UK VPN and on my 24Mb broadband, I see no throttling or slowdown whatsoever, I still see a full 2MB download from Rapidshare when using them, I'd like to see that performance over Tor. Also consider the fact that most people use VPN for video and HD video content (iPlayer etc) which relies on decent reliable bandwidth.

Another advantage of Tor is that you can switch your 'home country'. So you can watch videos from Hulu (US) or iplayer (UK). Normally I let the show download before streaming it.

Did a bit of research on BlackVPN, I found good reviews of them here. So whatever works for you.

As a matter of interest why would you download from Rapidshare via VPN?

• Advertisement

manster wrote: »
    Another advantage of Tor is that you can switch your 'home country'. So you can watch videos from Hulu (US) or iplayer (UK). Normally I let the show download before streaming it.

Did a bit of research on BlackVPN, I found good reviews of them here. So whatever works for you.

As a matter of interest why would you download from Rapidshare via VPN?

Just cos I cant be bothered disconnecting VPN before clicking on a rapidshare link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

The only thing about a setup like this is that you're bypassing the security of your routers firewall so make sure your shares etc are locked down tight as others could access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

One of the nice things about this VPN service is that you can use it on your PC but also on your iphone, ipod touch or ipad to watch BBC iplayer or live UK TV stations like BBC,CH4 ,CH5 etc on tvcatchup wherever you are.

On ipad you can also use it to watch films if you have a netflix account, you can use it to watch hulu if you have an account there and you can watch ABC shows for free on their dedicated free ABC ipad player. I use it quite alot & find it works very well.

Also it's not a service you have a year long contract with. If you use a code (like mine!..its XTDWFXA ) you can get the service for 3 months for €10 and not renew it if you don't like it. There's also no install with it and it's easy to set up. Just a question of checking a few boxes and copying & pasting a few details like passwords etc. The directions are very simple to follow.

Annnd when you join you get a code and if someone else uses it you get 2 weeks extra usage free.
    It's honestly well worth a tenner. There's a money back guarantee with it too if you aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

On ipad you can also use it to watch films if you have a netflix account, you can use it to watch hulu if you have an account there and you can watch ABC shows for free on their dedicated free ABC ipad player. I use it quite alot & find it works very well.

You dont need an account to Hulu. You can access it free on any PC/Mac and you can also access it for free on your iphone/ipad through Plex.

adox wrote: »
    You dont need an account to Hulu. You can access it free on any PC/Mac and you can also access it for free on your iphone/ipad through Plex.

Oh I never knew that. Thank you adox :)
    Do you have to have a mac to run Plex on the iphone etc?

For anyone signing up to BlackVPN atm or for anyone who has an account they are running a promotion where they will give you one month free global VPN if you write an honest review, either good or bad, on their facebook review page and on any other blog or forum where you can link them to your post.
    For a FREE EU, UK or US package for 1 month just write an honest review of our service on either of these pages:
    our Facebook page
    en.start-vpn.com
    OR
    For a FREE Global package for 1 month just write an honest review of our service on any of the pages listed above AND any other blog or forum where you think the readers will be interested.
    Your review can be positive or negative - all that we ask is that it is honest. Your feedback will help us to improve our service and inform others about our service before they decide to become members.

To receive your 1 month free service simply send the URL and the text/screenshot of your review(s) via our support page and tell us which server we should add to your account. We will credit your 1 month free once we have verified your review(s) exist.

In essence that means if you sign up with a code and do two short reviews you get 4 months global vpn for a tenner. I'm finding it really handy. Our Sky broke down this week but we've been able to watch all the BBC channels and ITV channels live on the tv with the laptop hooked up to it.

Anyone who wants to please use my code XTDWFXA! :)

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

Oh I never knew that. Thank you adox :)
    Do you have to have a mac to run Plex on the iphone etc? I dont think it works on PC.

For anyone signing up to BlackVPN atm or for anyone who has an account they are running a promotion where they will give you one month free global VPN if you write an honest review, either good on bad, on their facebook review page and on any other blog or forum where you can link them to your post.
    For a FREE EU, UK or US package for 1 month just write an honest review of our service on either of these pages:
    our Facebook page
    en.start-vpn.com
    OR
    For a FREE Global package for 1 month just write an honest review of our service on any of the pages listed above AND any other blog or forum where you think the readers will be interested.
    Your review can be positive or negative - all that we ask is that it is honest. Your feedback will help us to improve our service and inform others about our service before they decide to become members.

To receive your 1 month free service simply send the URL and the text/screenshot of your review(s) via our support page and tell us which server we should add to your account. We will credit your 1 month free once we have verified your review(s) exist.

In essence that means if you sign up with a code and do two short reviews you get 4 months global vpn for a tenner. I'm finding it really handy. Our Sky broke down this week but we've been able to watch all the BBC channels and ITV channels live on the tv with the laptop hooked up to it.

Anyone who wants to please use my code! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I've been using www.witopia.net for quite a while now and it works fine for BBC and ITV players but gets blocked by Hulu. Is there really no issues with using BlackVPN for Hulu?

Also, with Witopia you sign up for either a Windows or a Mac account, but from the below it seems blackVPN lets you use it on PC, Mac, or iPhone (I'm guessing one machine at a time), is that correct? Sounds like a great service if so.

I've been using www.witopia.net for quite a while now and it works fine for BBC and ITV players but gets blocked by Hulu. Is there really no issues with using BlackVPN for Hulu?

Also, with Witopia you sign up for either a Windows or a Mac account, but from the below it seems blackVPN lets you use it on PC, Mac, or iPhone (I'm guessing one machine at a time), is that correct? Sounds like a great service if so.

Yup FrankGrimes Hulu works fine on it in my experience, I'm using it on a PC. I think you need to sign up to a monthly pay account for the Hulu app for ipad and iphone, there is a two week free trial though, same with Netflix.

If you have a Mac you can view it on Plex for free though according to Adox.Maybe there's another way that I haven't discovered yet to use hulu free on iphone without a mac.

Black VPN works a treat on ipad, ipod touch, iphone, PC and Mac though. You aren't limited to what device you use it on as far as I know. I use it on my ipod,ipad and PC all the time. From looking at their home page I see nothing to indicate there's a seperate mac or windows account.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Thanks OP, just signed up. The Iplayer works great. :)

Pity http://www.tvcatchup.com won't work with it. It lets you sign up, plays some adverts, but then when the program is about to start it says: Your ISP (UK2-Ltd) is not compatible with TV Catchup:(

Sure you can bookmark the following, its prob the best of the TV Catchup

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I sometimes use BlackVPN as my VPN provider. I signed up for a months UK VPN yesterday and today I got an email from them...

I hope it's ok to post this. I am not connected with BlackVPN in any way, I just use them as my VPN provider as they are cheap and reliable. If this is against rules, please feel free to delete.

Is this Internet on the iPhone like broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Hi OP

XTDWFXA

Just went to sign up and told referral code invalid !

joebre wrote: »
    Hi OP

XTDWFXA

Just went to sign up and told referral code invalid !

My code is QJCYVFP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

My code is QJCYVFP

Ok, ok. Enough. I've used your code :D

My last three months just ended so the timing was good ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hey guys, just a quick question. I've never used a service like this before. It says I can use a U.S IP and what content online from U.S sources that would otherwise be blocked. So if I signed up for this I could stream live soccer from Fox Soccer online? Because that would be sweet!

Tried the VPN today over Vodafone 3G. Switching on the VPN on the iPhone is temperamental. Sometimes it starts straight away and other times it takes 2 minutes. Loading a program from the BBC iplayer is also v slow, Its not bad but it does freeze a bit. Overall is well worth having. Thanks again OP

here's my promo code if anyone wants it TTADNXD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Sorry OP,

I now realise that somebody used your code !!
    It appears they can be used once only ?

I used the code in Post 9 but it must have been used as well ?

My code is VEXUJST

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Just used Joebre's code - worked!

mine is
    NJPXQUJ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys, this is awesome! I'm now subscribed to Fox Soccer online for 15 dollars per month which is only just over a tenner. Happy days!

Connection is quite a bit slower though, speed test says it's 1.5mb and I have a 15mb package with UPC.

onnection is quite a bit slower though, speed test says it's 1.5mb and I have a 15mb package with UPC.

I have a 1mb eircom line (living in the sticks). I did a speedtest.net there and got the full 0.9m through the VPN. :) Wouldn't mind 15mb all the same. :(

joebre wrote: »
    Sorry OP,

I now realise that somebody used your code !!
    It appears they can be used once only ?

I used the code in Post 9 but it must have been used as well ?

My code is VEXUJST

The code can be used as many times as you want, as far as I know.

I posted my code on another thread a few months back and ended up getting 6 months free for both the UK and US.

Guys, this is awesome! I'm now subscribed to Fox Soccer online for 15 dollars per month which is only just over a tenner. Happy days!

Connection is quite a bit slower though, speed test says it's 1.5mb and I have a 15mb package with UPC.

Did you not need a US credit card?

My code is : XTDWFXA

My code is : XTDWFXA

That code has been posted twice now, earlier posted by joebre, are you using two accounts ?

Seing as this was my post originally and many have gotten on the ban d wagon, would someone mind doing a test a and trying my code (QJCYVFP) cos someone above reckoned it wouldn't work

That code has been posted twice now, earlier posted by joebre, are you using two accounts ?

Seing as this was my post originally and many have gotten on the ban d wagon, would someone mind doing a test a and trying my code (QJCYVFP) cos someone above reckoned it wouldn't work

He had attempted to use my code but was told that it was invalid. I'm not Joebre.:)

EDIT:Ok so I emailed them and got a response saying every code is valid to use as many times as it is entered. They said mine is working fine & so is everyone elses.Not sure how they knew that!Probably worth menth mentioning in this thread if people are being told a code they're entering is invalid.

If anyone else here has used my code and finds in invalid please let me know.Thanks.Mine is XTDWFXA

• Advertisement

If people are wondering why they are not receiving confirmation emails, there is a condition that they reward you the extra time 14 days after the referred purchase (Because users have 14 days to cancel their accounts, this is mentioned in the referral email we sent out.)

Advertisement