Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

still havnt got my timeteble............... how hard can it be!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Being told to leave the Stables after just finishing my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Wtf? How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Well next time keep your pants on and they'll leave you alone. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

My timetable told me I had AL Lab today in S119 from 5-6. Arrived at ten to five....stayed till five past, there was an AL class in there, they did not leave, looked like they were dying a slow death. Ran while I still could.

Do you think we'd fail the module if we just kept b*tching about it in our essays? Is there anyone we can hold responcible for this? Someone's head must roll.

I actually thought they were gonna help us with research and planning essays and writing essays - that's what people need most help in...IMHO. Clearly I can't moan about this enough.

My money is also slowly running out - uh oh! Why does no one in Limerick want to do Japanese for the LC?

Life's still good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

wouldn't mind an academic literacy module on my course, between cite it right and referencing and all that **** I haven't a feckin clue.

wouldn't mind an academic literacy module on my course, between cite it right and referencing and all that **** I haven't a feckin clue.

Shhhhh! You don't really mean that. Besides we don't do any of that useful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The study desks in the library, an average sized laptop can barely fit in between the top shelf and actual table, bloody annoying:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

The study desks in the library, an average sized laptop can barely fit in between the top shelf and actual table, bloody annoying:mad:

ya i hate that, you have to really tilt the laptop in then strain you neck to see the screen, and thats BEFORE you find out the network for internet or electricity doesn't work...

How many times do I need to be told about social dance thingy. must have deleted at least four emails about it for the past couple of days. bugger off I'm not interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

To the guys that drive around the campus at lunch time screaming sh1t at passersby

Get a GRIP!

It is the worst example of fookery I have ever seen :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Will people PLEASE stop standing around in front of the lady's toilets in the Foundation building?!

After a 50 minute lecture and about a gallon of tea and Riverrock swishing around my bladder, I really can't afford to go through a human maze to get to the bog :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

snazzy wrote: »
    Well here I am in my lab for AL at the mo and we just had to write a 250 word piece on how I will use new skills to learn.
    This is for our LEARNING JOURNAL.
    Question: Did that lab take all of 2 hours?
    Because I have one @ 4 today, but I need to be out sharpish..

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Mindkiller wrote: »
    Question: Did that lab take all of 2 hours?
    Because I have one @ 4 today, but I need to be out sharpish..

Nopes. Did discussion for about an hour then she gave us half an hour to do that learning journal which takes all of 10 minutes to type. Then she let us go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

academic literacies. No one should have to endure this subject....it's painful. I think my soul died a little last monday.

Now don't forget to keep up to date with your learning journal! :rolleyes:

See you there tomorrow :eek::(

Lads when were the Learner Diaries discussed ??? I haven't a clue whats going on. I reckon we should all sign a petition saying how much we hate this class!! They'll never make the same mistake again....>> They can't penalise you if you don't turn up for lectures right? I have half a mind just to go to the AL tutorials and skip lectures

it was suggested we create a learner journal on Sulis, however the blogging system on it is complete crap.

learning journal?what is this you speak of??! I'm so behind it's ridiculous! anybody here in sociology? we have to have our essays chosen by tommorow for tutorials...****ed! on top of that i'm pretty sure I have swine flu!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

learning journal?what is this you speak of??! I'm so behind it's ridiculous! anybody here in sociology? we have to have our essays chosen by tommorow for tutorials...****ed! on top of that i'm pretty sure I have swine flu!!:mad:
    In Academic Literacies you have to do a learning journal after the computer lab stating what you learned and how you are going to use it to aid in your 3rd level education.
    And I do sociology and do you mean you have to chose what article you have read? Because if we have to choose our essays already...****.

• Advertisement

nah man we had to choose the articles last week!! we have to know what essay we're writing for this week:(

balls:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

nah man we had to choose the articles last week!! we have to know what essay we're writing for this week:(

balls:confused:
    Damn, just checked Sulis and we have a alot more to do than I thought we did, but picking the essay title doesn't seem too bad. I'm leaning towards "Identify a group of which you are or have been a part of and make an argument for it's classification as a subculture."

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Sociology eh!?the one with amanda?!...WE HAVE AN ESSAY!for when?....btw academic l can go away and take a **** not going ever again....ive heard it last 6 years!!:mad::mad:

Treetirty wrote: »
    Damn, just checked Sulis and we have a alot more to do than I thought we did, but picking the essay title doesn't seem too bad. I'm leaning towards "Identify a group of which you are or have been a part of and make an argument for it's classification as a subculture."

The tutorial assignment is a pain in the hole. have most of it done apart from the part you have to access on campus in the library.

am hinting towards the subculture essay meself.

I actually love sociology...I think out of all our lectures shes definately the most helpful what with all the stuff she leaves us on SULIS....don't get me started on Padraig Lenihan....why won't he put the history notes on SULIS??? Not fair:confused:

Politics are fairly good with the sulis stuff. but it can be a case of information overload sometimes with sociology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

don't get me started on <snip>....why won't he put the history notes on SULIS??? Not fair:confused:
    Not so sure we can mention the lecturer's actual name here, but I do share your feelings. Bloomin' annoying

I actually love sociology...I think out of all our lectures shes definately the most helpful what with all the stuff she leaves us on SULIS....don't get me started on PL....why won't he put the history notes on SULIS??? Not fair:confused:

Some academics get very bad if things are easier for their student than for them when they were in college...I don't see why UL doesn't do like UCC TCD(afaik) and just podcast all their lectures - in fact Berkley make a lot of their lectures availalble to the public (History 5 is very useful to my fellow history student, fyi)

is anybody here in hpss??

• Advertisement

Keeping track of work is confusing :confused:

And I'm skipping the AL lecture today. No way am I wasting my time. I'll got to the labs but that's it.

Advertisement