Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question About Venue Prices

• 13-01-2013 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Quick question. A certain club night I attended advertised certain prices for drinks. After I paid in (€10) I found the prices were more expensive than advertised so immediately I went back to the box office and asked for a refund explaining the situation. I was immediately told "no refunds" and there was no discussion at all.

Is this legal? Have I got any comeback here? Surely this is false advertising?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'd say they've covered themselves by doing really small print on the posters of "Pre 10pm" or something like that. Loads of nightclubs hike prices during the night, disgraceful practice but drunk people will pay anything for more drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

You could probably hire a solicitor at €200 - €250 an hour or if you have any documentation you could initiate a Small Claim Court claim at the cost of €25. Neither of which puts you in a better position than you are now.

A letter to the nightclub now that you are back home might be the way to go. I'm not sure nightclubs give short shrift on the night. If all else fails vote with your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I'd say they've covered themselves by doing really small print on the posters of "Pre 10pm" or something like that....
    Look at the poster to see if there is any such qualification on it. It should not be in really small print: that trick is no longer accepted by the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I was told by the staff outside that it was €x, got inside and it wasn't. Couldn't get a refund but it was ok in the end the manager contacted me and apologised, offered reimbursement etc.

Thanks for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Good stuff. I like it when people persevere and get a result. It's not only good for them as individual consumers, but it is a contribution to the education of the sellers of goods and services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement