Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost VRC and trading in

Options
  • 15-06-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to change car thru a dealer but I've lost my Vrc ( Pre 2004 ) in one of my 2 recent house moves.

Can the dealer fill out an RF105 form to do the change over or am i going to have to delay the purchase until i get a replacement cert?

I'm due to buy the new (2nd hand) car on tuesday.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

RF105 can be used whether you have the VLC or not. Dealer will probably ask you to order a replacement VLC though.

Shouldnt delay anything.

Will i still be able to request a new vrc? doesnt the Rf105 change ownership to the dealer?

Request it today (or before you do the trade-in). Get the application in the post asap.
    Fill in the RF105 with the dealer when you trade your car in.
    When the replacement appears in the post you can give it to the dealer to complete the paperwork.

okay, cool, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Did you lose the VRC or the VLC? The VRC doesn't really matter as long as you have the VLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i recently traded in my car and like you couldnt find any of the certs for my car as i had moved house, when i went to do the trade i told the dealer i couldnt find my vrc and he said it was ok and that he would request one to be sent to him directly i didnt have to order a thing.

so dont worry about it.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Did you lose the VRC or the VLC? The VRC doesn't really matter as long as you have the VLC.

+1

I was presuming you meant vlc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

I hope everything went ok for you. I have done the same thing and it wasn't a big issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

costs €12 to replace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement