Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rib piece and bra

• 02-04-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

So next week I'm getting a piece on my ribs and just wondering how I'll manage the bra situation.

When is time enough to start wearing one again?

I had a piece done on my back last year, and that was fine because I could just remove one strap, but this is a bit more drastic, as I don't like not wearing a bra, unless I'm at home lazing about. But the last thing I want to do is damage the tattoo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I haven't had a rib piece done yet, but three of my mates have, and all left their bra off for two weeks.

Doubt I'll ever manage to get a rib piece done cause they could all manage with no bra, but I'd knock someone out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

If you can't get away without the bra you could try using back extenders for you bra so its not tight, think you can pick them up in Pennys... I'd be going free tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Now whilst I'm male and didn't have to deal with a bra strap my one my rib pieces did go from armpit to below waistline.

What I done for waistbands was what Hellrazer adviced me to do. Get breathable bandages that way you will be avoiding the band making direct contact with area while also protecting it and letting it breath at the same time.

Avoid wearing a bra as much as possible but when you have to they will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Thanks for the replies!

I'll make sure not to be wearing a bra so for about 2 weeks and just choose my clothes wisely/become a hermit :P

My first tattoo went a small bit funny because it was on my pants line, so I don't want that to happen with this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I got a small piece done right between my bra strap there on Tuesday. I cannot leave the house without a bra on unfortunately, so I'm doing all I can to prevent rubbing. At home I'm leaving it off, but for work etc I have a deadly sports bra that isn't too tight at all (had to buy it for a pain condition) so I'm wearing that and some baggy tops while it heals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

You could try those sticky fillets that you use for backless dresses too!

Mmmm sticky fillets.

I'll check them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I just wore a soft, non-underwired support thing. I'd be worried that a sports bra might be too tight on the ribs, depending on which part of it would cover the tattoo. The other option would be to wear a really tight vest or t-shirt, or even a swim suit/body suit type thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

I have a piece just right along where the curve of the underwire of the bra would sit. I wore string bikini tops whenever I had to leave the house until it healed. You can tie them loosely so they don't rub off the tattoo, but you still get some bit of support/shape!

I got the tattoo done last Tuesday, and for the most part I've been wearing no bra, and then wore a loose bikini top one night cause I had to go to a dinner dance.

It's gonna feel weird wearing a bra again in a few weeks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I saw the photo, it's beautiful! My piece is tiny so it didn't matter all that much.

Advertisement