Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGB1ez92gBw

Looks pretty cool .. RFID tags included in the kit .
    Some sort of IP camera that works with the app.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Rfid tags are included. Not sure if IP cameras are available yet. I hope to be in there Monday. I'll check it out.

It looks very good. Wonder how i could link this in with a set of automatic gates to disarm the alarm upon swiping a valid RFID tag without the risk of the RFID reader being tampered with. If anyone knows the frequency of the RFID tags I'd appreciate the details in a PM.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What do you want to do?
    Have a reader at the gate and when this gets a valid swipe open the gate and dis arm the alarm?
    Easily done with outputs from the reader into inputs on the panel.
    Don't think you are going to get the rfid frequency here. :)

Should have the freq on Monday as I want to use my own RFID tags

That's exactly what I'd like to do but without the risk of the keypad being removed and wires connected/disconnected to disarm the system.
    Unless I also used the tamper output on the RFID reader so that when that's triggered the alarm activates another output connected to a relay which disables connections to the RFID reader altogether.

• Advertisement

On most good readers there wouldn't be a pair you can simply short out.
    If there is the frequency is irrelevant.

I just assumed they worked like most keypads.. Using a relay to break or make a circuit .

For a prox reader I wouldn't use a stand alone unit with a relay on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

I was talking to peter from GSD at the ideal homes and he told me that you can wire astec sensors into the wired zones handy idea that and the ip cam is very close to he wasn't over the moon though when I showed him the HKC gprs module with the app working on the quantum he though it was similar to his haha fuuny I though when he called his panel the I70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

stuartkee wrote: »
    I was talking to peter from GSD at the ideal homes and he told me that you can wire astec sensors into the wired zones handy idea that and the ip cam is very close to he wasn't over the moon though when I showed him the HKC gprs module with the app working on the quantum he though it was similar to his haha fuuny I though when he called his panel the I70

Whats this about HKC App working:confused: ??? IS it since when?

• Advertisement

We have been here before. It's still on test AFAIK. There's a road show coming that will release it and give us all a look. Using GPS for an app should really be for where there is no IP solution..
    Still waiting to hear if HKC are planning to charge for their app or use?
    As I said to Peter before, I don't think this is an option given what's already available for free.
    The Astec expander is sweet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Astec master

Yes the Zone expander works very well with any of the 63/49 panel range,
    it can also be used to take over most panels with or without on board keypad, (ie cs350.)
    I hear the HKC app will be out in the summer.
    Peter from GSD told me he was quite happy with what he had seen.:D

yes good move on gsd's part makes take overs a little easier and the HKC app is out end of may

Yes Kub the HKC app is up and running well I had it working over the weekend at the ideal homes expo for the 3 days and not a glitch was very impressed with it but it wont appeal to every one id say the gsm will still be the biggest seller as you need a smartphone and a data plan on your own fone to use the app and not every one has that but it can still be used as a text digi aswell as the app but you need to sign the customer up to HKC on a yearly contract as they own the world sim in the unit but when the customer downloads the app the app has your company name branded on it a nice touch I think . I also has the wifi card too all out by the end of may

I would think data is becoming cheaper and inclusive in most phone packages now anyway.
    If you want to use the app on IP and data only is there any charges?
    Does this also give you notifications or do you need a digi as well?

no digi needed for sms it does either app or text or both at the same time no difference . not sure about using it to contact a monitoring station as yet under the same sim charge but I have asked so when I here I will let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Yes the Zone expander works very well with any of the 63/49 panel range,
    it can also be used to take over most panels with or without on board keypad, (ie cs350.)
    I hear the HKC app will be out in the summer.
    Peter from GSD told me he was quite happy with what he had seen.:D

This looks interesting, even though Id have to admit when I saw it, I thought it looked similar to alarms I saw on ebay, but if it works.
    Does it come as a complete kit? how much? or can it be gotten with a selection of parts, like no wireless sensors? if you might want it to use your current panel.

@astec master, I have a CS350 and you mention this panel can take over my panel type? Ive all wired zones, from whats mentioned this has two wired zones.
    So is it using the expander that this can take over another panel?
    I'm using PSTN, but I want to get rid of it as Im intending on ditching the phoneline and using broadband instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pg141

Could someone, pm me the following

A price of
    i70 board/hyrbid board as well
    Smoke detector's
    Carbon Detector's
    Grade 2 Wireless Shock/Contact Sensor
    GSDi Grade 2 Wireless Personal Attack (PA) Button

Looking to upgrade system at the house, It's my understanding that this is linked via wifi so it can be monitored via web/smart phone?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭altor

pg141 wrote: »
    Could someone, pm me the following

A price of
    i70 board/hyrbid board as well
    Smoke detector's
    Carbon Detector's
    Grade 2 Wireless Shock/Contact Sensor
    GSDi Grade 2 Wireless Personal Attack (PA) Button

Looking to upgrade system at the house, It's my understanding that this is linked via wifi so it can be monitored via web/smart phone?

thanks

Here is a link to the suppliers list for this system.
    You would need to contact them for pricing.

You need to link the system to your router to use the app.

pg141 wrote: »

thanks

It can be connected to your broadband via WiFi or LAN directly or via LAN using TP link adapters or similar.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    It can be connected to your broadband via WiFi or LAN directly or via LAN using TP link adapters or similar.

Have GSD got GPRS backup?

For the App it uses IP. You can back up all the paths in the usual ways.

For the App it uses IP. You can back up all the paths in the usual ways.

Using the app through data with a sim?

There are plenty of ways to do that too yes?

There are plenty of ways to do that too yes?

Have GSD got a module to do this?

Not a GSD product . So again they won't be charging. But plenty of ways to do it very cheaply if a customer really wants it.
    Data & world SIMs are very cheap if you shop around.

Not a GSD product . So again they won't be charging. But plenty of ways to do it very cheaply if a customer really wants it.
    Data & world SIMs are very cheap if you shop around.

How much per month is the world data sim?

Like I said and like the advice we always give ...Shop Around.
    There are a few options withing the industry for sourcing these.

Like I said and like the advice we always give ...Shop Around.
    There are a few options withing the industry for sourcing these.

What else is included in this cost for the sim, can you send commands to the system by text for arming/disarming if data coverage is down on your phone?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    What else is included in this cost for the sim, can you send commands to the system by text for arming/disarming if data coverage is down on your phone?

Why would you wan't to send text commands if you have a data connection??
    But yes, that would be possible in lots of ways also,
    I think you are getting yourself a little bogged down with GPRS because HKC don't have IP and you wish to sell customers a subscription charges.
    I can't think of any other reason why you would be asking questions any experienced installer should know the answers to.:confused:
    I have been doing IP panels for years now. I have never had one single attack on any sites IP connection. If there is an issues that a customer feels they may be vulnerable or their connection may go down at the same time as a break in, or want extra security then any path can be backed up multiple times. There are 100s of ways to do this using any type of comms you wish. You are in the industry, you should know how to do this with out asking all the silly questions.

Advertisement