Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

pred racer wrote: »
    Ill help, if im not too busy like:cool:

2 dudes in a convertible??? Just wrong man. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gollywog wrote: »
    So where's this sun we've been promised?! I'm in courtown, the so called sunny south east, and it's as dull as fcuk!

Mallow as shiet as ever too. Those forecasters should be shot in front of their families.... Hmmmm where did I heard that before?

swanie29 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Looking for a bit of advice I bought a ford foucus c-max 1.6tcdi in the middle of december and the garage i bought of gave me a three month warranty.

My questions are these if the turbo is on the way out and its five months since i bought the car would the garage be obilged to repair it or will i have pay for it myself even thought the car has full service history.

The second question could the mechanie be right in saying that the turbo is on the way out.

And third the mechaine claims that the enigne is a peagout enigne in the ford does this mean i have any leg to stand on with the garage considering i thought i was buying a Ford.

Thanks
    Hi, its factory fitted, you did buy a ford, its common enough on that engine for the turbo to go, hard to say is your mechanic right or not from where I am sitting. As the warranty is up you're on your own, I can fully understand why they have a short warranty, I know folks who won't take them in as trade ins unless they are well covered by what they're selling to the person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Mallow as shiet as ever too. Those forecasters should be shot in front of their families.... Hmmmm where did I heard that before?

Just, a tad bit harsh mate. :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

So where's this sun we've been promised?! I'm in courtown, the so called sunny south east, and it's as dull as fcuk!

Its beaming in clontarf :)

Just cleaned the car out, really should do that more often, it was filthy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

It's lovely in Sandyford, actually sat out in the sun discussing all things motor related! Not a bad way to spend lunch even if it was more rotary related! :rolleyes::P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Im stuck in studying, god damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Jemmy wrote: »

It's lovely in Sandyford, actually sat out in the sun discussing all things motor related! Not a bad way to spend lunch even if it was more rotary related! :rolleyes::P

Well hopefully you dubs don't mind sharing a bit of the sun with us country folk! :)

Well hopefully you dubs don't mind sharing a bit of the sun with us country folk! :)

I'm no dub! :eek:
    Just stuck working in the big smoke!

This is just outside the front door of my house, everyone that comes to the door. Always comments on the "nice view" I really hate it. :mad:

NewImage.jpg?t=1337776070

• Advertisement

This is just outside the front door of my house, everyone that comes to the door. Always comments on the "nice view" I really hate it. :mad:

Where you living Bubbles? I used to get that the whole time in my parents place growing up but you get fed up of it.

Where you living Bubbles? I used to get that the whole time in my parents place growing up but you get fed up of it.

Oh dont say you like it? :(

In a small bog land called Geevagh, Its in Co. Sligo. But its 20min from Sligo town. :cool:

Ah sorry Bubble Wrap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I'm no dub! :eek:
    Just stuck working in the big smoke!

Oh sorry my mistake! :eek:
    It's starting to shine now, happy days! :)

Ah sorry Bubble Wrap :D

I wish I could punch it, I hate it. :mad:

Oh sorry my mistake! :eek:
    It's starting to shine now, happy days! :)

It's got cloudy here now :(
    I wish I could punch it, I hate it. :mad:

Punch it?! :confused:

Punch it?! :confused:

Well maybe not punch it....But do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not a bad way to spend lunch even if it was more rotary related! :rolleyes::P

There's never anything wrong with that :D

It's lovely here. I had my steak and speans out on the patio at home. Bliss!

There's never anything wrong with that :D

If you say so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Beautiful view Bubbewrap. I'm sitting on my terrace in London in (what promises to be) 28C looking out over a Vista of poorly planned local authority housing and a flyover past which I can see some nicer sights. We could swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Typical the sun comes out and I get a sore throat and a cold :(
    On a lighter note I posted off my application form for the Mosney and Terenure car shows this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Stupid laser card machine wouldn't read my chip so had to go back with €12... Can't complain, 159 for unleaded and got a tenners dayyyysel at 149 :cool:

49mpg too, that additive seems to be working with my enthusiastic driving ;)

It's such nice weather, I think I'll put my Lensos back on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Why does the tax office have such crap opening hours?
    It must be one of the cusishest jobs going.

What do people think of this. I've an 08 Corsa that i'm really fed up of at this stage and I want a change.

07 Focus

Also, anybody have any idea how much I'd get for an 08 Corsa D? 1.2 Petrol Club, 40,000km, just nct'd, mint (apart from a few scratches on the alloys).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mmcn90 wrote: »
    What do people think of this. I've an 08 Corsa that i'm really fed up of at this stage and I want a change.

07 Focus

Also, anybody have any idea how much I'd get for an 08 Corsa D? 1.2 Petrol Club, 40,000km, just nct'd, mint (apart from a few scratches on the alloys).

well... its a focus m8 :)

i guess its better car if you looking for more space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Fiona wrote: »
    Typical the sun comes out and I get a sore throat and a cold :(.

I feel your pain, got hit with a throat and chest infection yesterday :mad:

I know, its pretty bog standard, I was more thinking is there anything specifically to watch out for. Would like something better, can't really afford it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

mmcn90 wrote: »

I know, its pretty bog standard, I was more thinking is there anything specifically to watch out for. Would like something better, can't really afford it though.

You've got a functioning car and can't afford a new one but you're considering getting a new because of no real need other than you want one? :confused:

Mugs

MugMugs wrote: »
    You've got a functioning car and can't afford a new one but you're considering getting a new because of no real need other than you want one? :confused:

Mugs

I should explain a bit more, I can afford to change the car, I just can't afford to run something that I'd really like. Seriously wan't a Golf GTI, but petrol and tax would be madness. I do deliveries so the focus fits the bill quite well. Also the focus has a few toys which the corsa doesnt, keyless entry, bluetooth etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

In a small bog land called Geevagh, Its in Co. Sligo. But its 20min from Sligo town. :cool:

Thats nothing to boast about :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement