Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The middle aged Irish woman

• 29-04-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Now there are plenty of stunning women in their late 30's early 40's who look after themselves in Ireland but a lot seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.
    If you compare this to Italian,French,Latino or Asian women who seem to keep their figures in check.
    Is this solely down to culture,diet or climate.
    I'm not having a go here just an observation having spent time in the above countries.
    Any views

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Are you saying my dead ma is fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

'Cause foreign women are raised on a healthy diet, good living, red wine and sweaty love-making.

Irish women are raised on repression, mass and Jaffa cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Sappa wrote: »
    Now there are plenty of stunning women in their late 30's early 40's who look after themselves in Ireland but a lot seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.
    If you compare this to Italian,French,Latino or Asian women who seem to keep their figures in check.
    Is this solely down to culture,diet or climate.
    I'm not having a go here just an observation having spent time in the above countries.
    Any views

i think you are only looking for "normal" people when you are abroad.....and not looking at them when you are at home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

IBT: 'Sure Irish men are beautiful I suppose' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Without the stats on relative obesity levels in the places you have referenced, I will call bull**** on that statement. Also, Asia? Pretty big place to be comparing to Ireland or suggesting that there is some inherent cultural and dietary mindset spanning a large number of countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Lol jk? Latin women are renowned for morphing from stunners into dumpy troll creatures as they hit their middle years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sure Julie M just lost 34 pounds...:D

She must have known this thread was coming so she wanted to look good..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

when your ma sits around the house she sits AROUND the house

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Want to say that to my wife's face pal?....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

galwayrush wrote: »
    Want to say that to my wife's face pal?....

:D
    Ha I told her last night:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There aren't that many obese people: you just notice them more because people of average weight don't stand out.

There are probably fewer obese people in some other countries as they have healthier diets, but I don't think there's a huge difference.

I don't know why you're focussing on middle-aged women though: there are plenty of overweight young people, and I'm sure you've seen the odd fat man about.

Anyway, as long as you're not overweight yourself, I wouldn't give it much thought. Let people be how they want to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Nah, sure even the stunning eastern european girls morph into shot-putters when they eat a slice of 40th birthday cake. There are an awful lot of verry good looking Irish women in their 40's, every nation has its share of 40+ munters, it's Gods way of making sure poor men in their 40's and 50's can still get laid by somthing. It's also why they invented drink, light switches and imaginations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The same could be said of Irish men. Why focus on one sex?

Pot kettle tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I like the maturer women and always did, I think women in general age better then men. Of course there are exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ahh the old mile thread :)

i won't post my texts in here don't worry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Please post pics of sexy Irish milfs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Lol jk? Latin women are renowned for morphing from stunners into dumpy troll creatures as they hit their middle twenties.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

Its very hard to keep the weight off in middle age. If i so much as skip one day of exercise, and say, had a large dinner i can go up 3 pounds. Its a constant battle. Lucky i am disiplined and in fantastic shape:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Please post pics of sexy Irish milfs

There you go but I understood your typo.

http://www.shelflife.ie/img/June%2009/dairy1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jammy roger

a lot of Irish women seem to let themselves go and eat an awful amount if junk,lack of exercise etc unlike other nations.

Yet Irish women are STILL the most stuck up. It's incredible. Nowhere else on the earth has the Irish phenomenon of stuck-up fatties.

• Advertisement

Yet Irish women are STILL the most stuck up. It's incredible. Nowhere else on the earth has the Irish phenomenon of stuck-up fatties.

Coincidently, Ireland also has an incredibly high proportion of bitter misogynists.

It seems to anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ha I told her last night:)

You wouldn't be in a fit enough condition to log onto boards and type today if you'd said that to Mrs. Galwayrush last night!!!!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

no no no there not your just really **** and have no charisma :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Its very hard to keep the weight off in middle age. If i so much as skip one day of exercise, and say, had a large dinner i can go up 3 pounds. Its a constant battle. Lucky i am disiplined and in fantastic shape:)
    pics or, etc etc. Keep up the battle, I may pass you in the street one day and it would be a shame if you were not looking your best. Also, just think how pleased all the heifers would be if you balooned.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Hmmm, you appear to be right OP. When I googled "fat Italian,French,Latino or Asian women" I got
    google wrote:
    Your search - fat Italian,French,Latino or Asian women - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more general keywords.
    Try fewer keywords.

Looks like even rule 34 doesn't apply :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Irish women and men let themselves go in their 30's and 40's. Woop de do. Big surprise. Somebody phone sky news.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

( . Y . )

Once these are ok....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Coincidently, Ireland also has an incredibly high proportion of bitter misogynists.

It seems to anyway...
    To be fair, it's mostly just one guy who keeps re-regging. He's got a point though - how dare women not force themselves to fancy him?! Especially with that winning attitude. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It seems to happen both sex's to be fair...

I was at a family event yesterday, and there was only one fella without a beer belly, and two women of normal(healthy weight) size and the rest were overweight at least...

Our drinking culture in this country is the cause, If you drink 7 pints once a week without any exercise, your in trouble...

And most people I know will drink more than 7 pints a week and do little to no exercise week to week.

Also junk food has an effect as well as the Irish Mammy's.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    To be fair, it's mostly just one guy who keeps re-regging. He's got a point though - how dare women not force themselves to fancy him?! Especially with that winning attitude. :D

It's not their fault in fairness: they're unwitting victims of a vast Zionist conspiracy to keep them from falling for his charms!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement