Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite moments in Star Trek

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Captain Kirk V The Gorn = Classic Star Trek moment :D

PART ONE

PART TWO

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

My favourite Star Trek moment is in THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE
    where Commador Dekard gets the upper hand on the planet killer
    despite being pulled into it's maw on The Enterprise while Scotty get some photons packed and delivered on the dead and dying ship....

"Good boy, Jim, together we can kill this thing!"

A wonderful episode. Delivers the goods everytime I watch it. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Bear with me on this one....

One of my fave Star Trek moments is in Galaxy Quest

Nerdy FanBoy (Via Subspace communicator/the interweb): "Yes, of course I know its only a TV show (blah blah blah) ....."
    Tim Allen/Kirk: "Its all real!"
    Nerdy FanBoy: "I KNEW IT !!!!!!"

It gets me every time :D

(While Galaxy Quest is (obviously) a parody and not without its faults, it's a loving parody...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

And just happenes to be on TG4 now. Picture quality is terrible though. Time for the DVD

"Let's get the hell out of here!!!"

The look on Kirk's face says it all. TOS dosen't get
    much better than this.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Been thinking about this today. In DS9, in the episode where there is an attempted military takeover of starfleet the Defiant is on its way to earth only to be attacked by a modified excelsior class ship. Chief O'Brien asks Worf, What do we do now?

Worf says, We fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Star Fleet vs Star Fleet, he probably didn't like the idea so asked the acting captain.

Star Fleet vs Star Fleet, he probably didn't like the idea so asked the acting captain.

I know that boss. I just think its a great moment. A pure Worf moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Garak and his witty remarks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Siskos narrative of the episode "in the pale moonlight".

For me the best episode of star trek ever, the seriousness of it, the deviance and the sheer brilliance of garak thrown into the mix. And lets not forget senator vreenak "its a FAKE!"

• Advertisement

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Garak and his witty remarks!! :D

You just can't beat Garak, even when he's being serious there's an underlining joke in this actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Weyoun has some fantastic little subtle scenes and lines. Always thought he was a great counterpoint to Garak in many ways.

Weyoun: "I'm not sure how much faith I have in this, what did he call it?"

Demar: "Pah-wraths."

Weyoun: "Pah wraiths and prophets...all this talk of Gods strikes me as nothing more than superstitious nonsense."

Demar: "You believe that the founders are Gods, don't you?"

Weyoun: "That's different."

Demar: *laughs dismissively* "In what way"?

Weyoun: *spoken in a dead serious statement of fact voice* "The Founders are Gods."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Goldstein wrote: »
    Weyoun has some fantastic little subtle scenes and lines. Always thought he was a great counterpoint to Garak in many ways.

Weyoun: "I'm not sure how much faith I have in this, what did he call it?"

Demar: "Pah-wraths."

Weyoun: "Pah wraiths and prophets...all this talk of Gods strikes me as nothing more than superstitious nonsense."

Demar: "You believe that the founders are Gods, don't you?"

Weyoun: "That's different."

Demar: *laughs dismissively* "In what way"?

Weyoun: *spoken in a dead serious statement of fact voice* "The Founders are Gods."

Agreed, Jeffrey Combs is epicly good. Brunt, Weyoun & Shran, the man is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

EnterNow wrote: »
    Agreed, Jeffrey Combs is epicly good. Brunt, Weyoun & Shran, the man is brilliant

I know that another Star Trek actor (Brad Dourif) played Grima Wormtongue, in The Lord Of The Rings, but I always thought that Combs would have been amazing. Especially considering that he had previously worked with Peter Jackson

EnterNow wrote: »

Don't forget "detective" in Far Beyond the Stars ;) He's a true legend alright. He elevated every Star Trek episode he was ever in - especially the Enterprise ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Weyoun was one of the best characters in DS9. Really well written character, and it's great that it was written specifically for Jeffrey Combs.

One from Enterprise that had me laughing, Season 4 Episode 17 Bound.

T'Pol - A Vulcan science vessel surveyed the planet over 50 years ago. The file states that it's an M-class world with a flourishing ecosystem. No intelligent life.

Archer - Sounds promising.

T'Pol - They did report one distinctive feature that bears mentioning.

Archer - And that is?

T'Pol - A species of flying reptile, some reportedly over 200 meters long. They're also said to breathe fire, (Camera moves to Mayweather and Reed, both with odd looks on their faces) There's been lingering questions over the accuracy of this report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Tomalak: You will still not survive our assault.
    JLP: and you will not survive ours.................... shall we die together?

Thanos wrote: »
    Tomalak: You will still not survive our assault.
    JLP: and you will not survive ours.................... shall we die together?

Love the orchestral nod to Goldsmith's "Klingon Battle" when the Klingons decloak, from the start of The Motion Picture.

Got to hand it to Andreas Katsulas as well, he was another great actor when covered in two hours of make up.

• Advertisement

i've just copped STAR TREK 3rd season on blu...

not a big fan as the first two seasons were much better...

BUT... ;)

it's great fun and i'm not going to diss on TNG or whatever...

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not quite a scene from the show, but i watched this today and thought it was excellent. Going to watch the episode later again, as it's a fantastic show.

Fantastic episode, really really good & Trek in its truest form.

Also proof that Brooks is human & can come down to our level, based on his interviews. Shame he couldn't engage with us during Shatners film :(

Just to echo what I said about Duet in the other thread. Very,very good episode

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I remember watching this on VHS the first time with a friend and the two of us almost wet ourselves with laughter. Spent ten minutes just rewinding and watching over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

^^^

So going into Burger King to do that!

In Purgatory's Shadow has a few good scenes.

Worf - What about Garak?
    Sisko - I want him back, too. I suppose I don't have to tell you to keep a close eye on him?
    Worf - At the first sign of betrayal, I will kill him. But, I promise to return the body intact.
    Sisko - I assume that's a joke.
    Worf - We will see.

And then there's the longer and funnier scene between Worf and Garak about joining Starfleet, cracks me up every time I watch it.

Quark lugging a big box of Gold Pressed Latinum through a crawl way as DS9 was being evacuated...

Bashir - "Hurry up!
    Quark - "I'm not leaving all of my belongings, my personal possesions & family mementos...thats why this case is so heavy"
    Bashir - "It's full of Gold Pressed Latinum and you know it!"
    Quark - "Who told you that!?"
    Bashir - "Your mother! When you were born."

:D:D

• Advertisement

Advertisement