Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

im sooo stupid!!:mad: i just got a shock from my dogs electric fence collar. it was charging and i picked it up to wipe under it. it would have only been a 12v shock but ive called caredoc and waiting for nurse to ring me back. im sure if ive done damage theres nothing i can do. im so mad. had 13 week scan yesterday and saw babys heartbeat and it was bobbing up and down. i was really relaxed and so happy then i do this stupid thing. could it really have hurt the baby? as soon as it shocked me i dropped it. it only hurt my hand and ive no burn marks. feck. wish that nurse would ring back!!!

im sooo stupid!!:mad: i just got a shock from my dogs electric fence collar. it was charging and i picked it up to wipe under it. it would have only been a 12v shock but ive called caredoc and waiting for nurse to ring me back. im sure if ive done damage theres nothing i can do. im so mad. had 13 week scan yesterday and saw babys heartbeat and it was bobbing up and down. i was really relaxed and so happy then i do this stupid thing. could it really have hurt the baby? as soon as it shocked me i dropped it. it only hurt my hand and ive no burn marks. feck. wish that nurse would ring back!!!

went to doc. couldnt find heartbeat but he did reassure me that everythin is fine and it is highly unlikely that such a small shock would hurt the baby as it is very well protected. i feel much more relaxed now. :) have appt with gyne next week so ill run it by them aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Red-B wrote: »
    Hi Rylie and Dublinlady. I'm only 6 weeks so still very early for me. I have to go back in on monday week for another scan as they'll have grown a lot since and we'll be able to see a lot more.
    Only since i've been for my scan i've been feeling very sick but not actually getting sick. It was so bad I couldn't even sleep so I put lavender on my pillow last night and slept like a log:)
    Telling our parents this weekend so it'll be good to get people's excitement rubbed off on us.
    Have any of you told many people yet?

Oh I hear you on the nausea! Bleugh it's rotten, if I get even a little bit hungry I feel like puking! We've told everyone, figured I'm nearly at the 12 week mark and it's just so exciting we have to share!
    Still in shock today, twins!!! My goodness!

went to doc. couldnt find heartbeat but he did reassure me that everythin is fine and it is highly unlikely that such a small shock would hurt the baby as it is very well protected. i feel much more relaxed now. :) have appt with gyne next week so ill run it by them aswell.

Hi red fraggle I hope you're ok- must have been worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Just got an appointment for my scan - 10th Aug. It seems so far away, I want to have it today! can't wait to find out what i'm having!

• Advertisement

Cottontail wrote: »
    Just got an appointment for my scan - 10th Aug. It seems so far away, I want to have it today! can't wait to find out what i'm having!

your gona find out? is it your first baby? we're not gona find out. we want the surprise! :)

it's my second. We found out the first time as well. It was so exciting finding out, and it really made me see the baby as a little person who was my son, it helped me bond with him before he was born. It didn't take any excitement from when he was actually born, it was great actually meeting him for the first time. I spent months imagining what he would look like!

it's my second. We found out the first time as well. It was so exciting finding out, and it really made me see the baby as a little person who was my son, it helped me bond with him before he was born. It didn't take any excitement from when he was actually born, it was great actually meeting him for the first time. I spent months imagining what he would look like!

We found out last time as well, I was so happy I did. I completely agree Cottontail, it helped me bond with baby rylie and I felt so much closer to him! Will definitely find out again, we know these little ones are identical so they'll either be 2 boys or 2 girls!!

yeh i can see why finding out would be exciting aswell. im fairly certain we wont find out tho. whenever i would have thought about being pregnant i would never have thought of finding out. its mad isnt it? everyone knows pretty much exactly what they want to do. find out or not.:D hope my appt tomorrow goes well. i know i wont be getting a scan but id love to try hear the heartbeat tho i know its hard to find at 13 weeks.:)

yeh i can see why finding out would be exciting aswell. im fairly certain we wont find out tho. whenever i would have thought about being pregnant i would never have thought of finding out. its mad isnt it? everyone knows pretty much exactly what they want to do. find out or not.:D hope my appt tomorrow goes well. i know i wont be getting a scan but id love to try hear the heartbeat tho i know its hard to find at 13 weeks.:)[/Quote

Best of luck tomorrow, i hope it all goes great for you red fraggle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Don't know whether to find out or not my partner wants to find out some days I do some days I don't think I will just wait till scan day and see then. He says he can find out and not tell me but I cant imagine this would last long im sure one day or another I'd be begging him to tell me :)

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Don't know whether to find out or not my partner wants to find out some days I do some days I don't think I will just wait till scan day and see then. He says he can find out and not tell me but I cant imagine this would last long im sure one day or another I'd be begging him to tell me :)

and ur partner might be unable to resist buying pink/blue clothes or steerin you away or towards somethin you might be thinkin of buying!!:)

my appt went well. wasnt examined or anything just questions. decided to tell more ppl today. my aunts and uncles are delighted. it will be the first baby and great grandchild on my mams side. excited today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Hi ladies
    Havent been on in days! We had our scan monday CUMH and it was amazing! :D:D:D
    We were in and out in 2 hours, we were seen almost straight away and had a scan, saw the baby hopping around moving arms and legs and the nurse pointed out the bones of the skull, the spine his/her little stomach in its tummy :)
    After that we went back and waited for about 10mins and were called into see the midwife who spent almost 45 mins chatting to us, it was great!
    I know we were obviously lucky with the early appointment (8am :)) but I couldnt fault them. (we're going public)

14 weeks now woooohoooooo!
    Due to go to GP in 3 weeks then back to the CUMH to meet the Consultant 3 weeks later during wk 20
    Hope you are all keeping well
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 38 purejuice

Hi everyone Im 11 weeks pregnant and due on the 1st of February, first baby for myself and my partner. Have my scan on the 28th July so cant wait to finally have that but nervous as well. Have been very nausea since 7weeks, starting to ease off a little now even though I do heave a lot some mornings, still getting up in the night to go the toilet and feel so tired throughout the day but finally crossed once the 2nd trimester hits I will be feeling great and back to my normal self.

Hi Purejuice (at first I thought it was prunejuice :D)

congrats on your pregnancy! the nausea is horrible!! Good luck with the scan, mine is in August and I'm really looking forward to it. it's a really exciting time, especially on your first!

14 weeks and 1 day! :D nausea easing a bit but only realised this when i thought back to how bad it was a month ago. still wrecked tired but had a long week in work and it wont be over til monday at 10am and then a week off. wohoo! some nights ive to get up and pee and some i dont. hope everyone is feeling well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi All, 14 weeks today, nausea is definitely better but very tired this weekend, went back to the gym this week so have been swimming and walking and long days at work - so perhaps that's why. I have a slight pain all day today in my abdomen... kinda feels like a pulled muscle... little bit worried over it.... could also be due to stomack probs.... I seem to have bad gas issues... probably due to IBS... also scales says I'm up 3 lbs this week which I'm a bit concerned about.... seems too much seing as I've been training and watching the diet:confused:...... Anyone else having these probs??? Just looking for a little reassurance I suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

MiMi P wrote: »
    Hi All, 14 weeks today, nausea is definitely better but very tired this weekend, went back to the gym this week so have been swimming and walking and long days at work - so perhaps that's why. I have a slight pain all day today in my abdomen... kinda feels like a pulled muscle... little bit worried over it.... could also be due to stomack probs.... I seem to have bad gas issues... probably due to IBS... also scales says I'm up 3 lbs this week which I'm a bit concerned about.... seems too much seing as I've been training and watching the diet:confused:...... Anyone else having these probs??? Just looking for a little reassurance I suppose.....

Hiya,
    well im only 9 weeks (but with twins :p) so not sure im going to be any help, but the tiredness is completely normal, it comes and goes for me, some days its there, and some its not. i would say to try take it a little easier maybe, while exercise is good, maybe break yourself in gently rather than doing too much at the start, as at this stage in pregnancy even just going to work can be a struggle tiredness wise!! I totally have gas issues aswell :eek: I believe its down to the pregnancy hormones relaxing the bowels a bit and also it seems to be instead of nausea for me! Your at the stage where you will start putting weight on, just remember that weight gain isnt always consistant, as in while you might think it should be a pound a week or so, it might happen that you put on 3 one week and none the next two, its just more about the overall picture :)
    Pregnancy is different for everyone so if you have any real concerns no harm is asking your doctor?
    Hopefully that reassured you a little tho? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Thanks dublinlady.... what you've posted is what I've been telling myself, just more reassuring to hear from someone else:D Twins....must be very exciting... I'm still only getting used to actually being pregnant... we were told we would have issues and got pregnant first time without really trying:) I think I was more prepared to deal with the disappointments rather than the news of pregnancy.....

• Advertisement

yeah its v.exciting, but at the same time im holding myself back from getting too excited yet... have a scan on monday which should hopefully (fingers and toes crossed!!) reassure me, at the moment its still a little hard to have faith in it...but ill try!!
    Enjoy your pregnancy and just be glad it happened quickly, i was 15 months and a miscarraige waiting for this chance, and i firmly believe that it will only happen when its right for you! It was obviously right for you straight away, which is only a very good thing!!!:D:D

MiMi P wrote: »

hi!

im also 14 weeks and some days have pains in my abdomen and cramps. i also have ibs so im pretty sure thats what my pains are as well as the 'growing' pains. also why i have alot of extra gas!!!:o i havnt been weighing myself but gona buy a scales this week to keep an eye on it. midwife said i was very skinny so hope i wont have a prob putting the weight on. im not as interested in sweet stuff anymore but i think it might come back. is there anything specific you avoid in your diet. i really havnt a clue. eating in moderation is what im at. might consult my doc in next while.

has any one noticed that they are itchy? I know it's just the skin stretching but I don't remember it being this itchy last time, it's really annoying!

Hey guys,
    Well we have one healthy baby, but sadly we have miscarried one baby frown.gif
    It's awful... Don't really know how to feel, one baby showed 9 weeks with strong heart rate of 176bpm but the other was just 7 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat. They said I should go on to carry my one baby and may not even have any bleeding or sign or miscarriage, we just have to hope the healthy one is a fighter I suppose. It's just so hard to go from pregnant, to pregnant with twins, back to one. My heads all over the place. I have pics of both babies, it's horrible to see the little one there with nothing I can do to help it. Apparently it will just vanish... frown.gif

dublinlady wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    It's awful... Don't really know how to feel, one baby showed 9 weeks with strong heart rate of 176bpm but the other was just 7 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat. They said I should go on to carry my one baby and may not even have any bleeding or sign or miscarriage, we just have to hope the healthy one is a fighter I suppose. It's just so hard to go from pregnant, to pregnant with twins, back to one. My heads all over the place. I have pics of both babies, it's horrible to see the little one there with nothing I can do to help it. Apparently it will just vanish... frown.gif

oh dublinlady i cant imagine how you are feeling. so sorry to hear that. just try think of the baby that is there fighting to stay with you. ive no other advice. ill say a little prayer for your little fighter and you. x

Hey guys,
    Well we have one healthy baby, but sadly we have miscarried one baby :(
    It's awful... Don't really know how to feel, one baby showed 9 weeks with strong heart rate of 176bpm but the other was just 7 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat. They said I should go on to carry my one baby and may not even have any bleeding or sign or miscarriage, we just have to hope the healthy one is a fighter I suppose. It's just so hard to go from pregnant, to pregnant with twins, back to one. My heads all over the place. I have pics of both babies, it's horrible to see the little one there with nothing I can do to help it. Apparently it will just vanish... :(

I'm so so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you :(

has any one noticed that they are itchy? I know it's just the skin stretching but I don't remember it being this itchy last time, it's really annoying!

I've very itchy boobs alright, people in work must think I'm a pervert because I spend so long itching them!! Reminds me I must dig out the bio oil.....

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Here's hoping the other little one is a fighter x

rylie wrote: »
    I've very itchy boobs alright, people in work must think I'm a pervert because I spend so long itching them!! Reminds me I must dig out the bio oil.....

it's my belly that's itchy. I suppose I'll have to get the bio oil out too, although I'm dreading the smell of it after the last time! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

just back from another scan. all went well. he has the buddies at 13wks+4 days. BPD ( some measurement around the head) 25-26mm. we got to see the skeleton out line of one of them and it was truly amazing to see whats growing inside K.
    dublinlady we're sorry to hear about one of the twins, you have our words and prayers and always remember that those here are in for the long haul together as one big net family.

Advertisement