Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Did You Want to be When You Grew Up?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I wanted to be a teacher ever since I was tiny... and thats what I am now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I wanted to be a doctor. I'm a medical student now. Getting there!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wanted to be a doctor when I was younger - right up until the start of 6th year. Realised at that stage that I was too squeamish for it. The year I did my LC I actually had enough points to do med...

Ended up doing a computer science degree. It remains to be seen whether that was an incredibly dumb move on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I think I was about 6 when I was asked what I would like to do, and I told them I wanted to be a barrister. I may have aimed a little high. I now clean the local court room and snitch case details to the factory rags :pac:

Not really no, yes to the barrister bit though. But that had something to do with the fact that I was being brain-washed by my mum. I hadnt a clue, and didnt really find out till my mid-twenties.. I'm getting there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

vet.
    getting a better education would have helped me there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Deadzone

Filthy rich.

Now I just need the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Big.

I saw the repeats of Different Strokes and had visions of ending up like Gary Coleman.

...well except in my vision, i'm white with an afro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chinapples

live@3 presenter,echo island presenter,the beatbox presenter...overall a tv presenter...

a nurse..

a singer..(still do try)

a writer..

a painter..

maybe theres still a chance...........................

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i wanted to be an engineer... got my degree not too long ago and now im stuck in a rut! great time to come out of college :mad:

Advertisement